Page 82 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1729

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    I always thought the big reveal was going to be a dragon breathing fire in on Jon. Kind of surprised that didn’t happen in that scene.
    anyone else think jon was getting on the dragon's back to torch the unsullied?
    No - but that would have been Awsome. All time heel turn.

Comments

RealTalk: Lol I see what you did there

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Would someone explain to me why the unsullied/dothraki didn't kill Jon?
    they weren't sure what they should do with the guy who just killed their queen. so let's just hold him for a while

wfegetrgtregrtretetgttgtt

Load Metric

killing starks in kings landing is a demonstrably bad idea.

ultimately they needed him as leverage.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I’d rather them explain how so many unsullied/Dothraki are still alive. But we could do this all day now couldn’t we? Episode was good, I was having a hard time picturing how they would wrap this up in 70 minutes.

Comments

sonatine: definitely problematic

Load Metric
    yes, let's let the shackled, condemned imp tell us how to get a new king.

they weren't sure what they should do with the guy who just killed their queen. so let's just hold him for a while

wfegetrgtregrtretetgttgtt
    lots of

Load Metric

Comments

Crowe Diddly: hahaha oh jesus

eurodonk: They didn't forget they just "kinda forgot"

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

I'm with you...I just don't know if I'm believing either group has enough knowledge of westeros history to be aware. Greyworm being rational enough to hold him for leverage didn't seem very likely after the last 40 mins of ep 5 and the first 10 of the finale.

Load Metric

I'm with you...I just don't know if I'm believing either group has enough knowledge of westeros history to be aware. Greyworm being rational enough to hold him for leverage didn't seem very likely after the last 40 mins of ep 5 and the first 10 if the finale.
    are you being this diplomatic just to fuck with me? cause this feels personal

Load Metric
    there is a large, painful hole in this shows legacy and its shaped like the entire NK / Azor Ahai prophesy.

knowing that hbo offered the showrunners the opportunity to explore it thoroughly (they were offered 27 more episodes to do it in) and they just kinda bowed out is revolting.

but i also imagine the pacing issues they would have if they tried to develop enough back stories and subplots to get from like, season 4 to where they ended and stretch it into like 23 more hours of footage.

ultimately yeah i think it needed 1 (maybe 2?) more solid half-seasons to get the NK shit buttoned up in some meaningful way before we got to where we ended tonight, and that sits poorly with me, but really this could have been much, much more distasteful than it was at the end of the show and thats something to be grateful for i suppose.

Comments

RealTalk: All of this

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric
    After thinking for a moment...it is oddly satisfying to see Blake on such monkey tilt after previously saying this season was better than any other season of any television series ever.

Well done D&D, episode is 10/10 for me!

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Settling the Kingdoms in peace after 8 seasons of blood and gore seemed really weak and lazy!

Load Metric
    there is a large, painful hole in this shows legacy and its shaped like the entire NK / Azor Ahai prophesy.

knowing that hbo offered the showrunners the opportunity to explore it thoroughly (they were offered 27 more episodes to do it in) and they just kinda bowed out is revolting.

but i also imagine the pacing issues they would have if they tried to develop enough back stories and subplots to get from like, season 4 to where they ended and stretch it into like 23 more hours of footage.

ultimately yeah i think it needed 1 (maybe 2?) more solid half-seasons to get the NK shit buttoned up in some meaningful way before we got to where we ended tonight, and that sits poorly with me, but really this could have been much, much more distasteful than it was at the end of the show and thats something to be grateful for i suppose.
    if they were actually offered 27 more episodes and turned it down, hbo should have gotten someone else to do it. in hindsight, that was a catastrophic mistake

Load Metric

I'm with you...I just don't know if I'm believing either group has enough knowledge of westeros history to be aware. Greyworm being rational enough to hold him for leverage didn't seem very likely after the last 40 mins of ep 5 and the first 10 of the finale.

greyworm is a trained soldier and tactician and understands that he doesnt want to be under siege and surrounded with winter coming. the queens greatest desire was to break the wheel. tyrion broke it. he has an excuse to let it go and live. so he does.

which is the broader theme of the final ep, ultimately.

Comments

RealTalk: Coge

Load Metric

if they were actually offered 27 more episodes and turned it down, hbo should have gotten someone else to do it. in hindsight, that was a catastrophic mistake
    this is a bit of a pandora's box, of course, given that they would need to 'read in' new talent and that grrm personally signed off on the showrunners themselves. and he's a fucking crank and world class procrastinator and very possibly has nothing to offer beyond what the showrunners just gave us.

consider this carefully, again:

he's a fucking crank and world class procrastinator and very possibly has nothing to offer beyond what the showrunners just gave us.

Comments

Daly: e's a fucking crank and world class procrastinator and very possibly has nothing to offer beyond what the showrunners just gave us.

Gold
    Load Metric
    was samwell grand maester at the end there?

Load Metric
    nobody answer him

Load Metric
    Was there anyone in the world that didn't know that jon would kill dany there? The writers couldn't have done anything to make that a little less obvious?

Oh and the dragon wasn't mad at jon but was instead mad at what the throne and the lust for power did to dany. This is the same dragon that burned down a city earlier that day.

Load Metric
    I wonder when I wake up tomorrow and walk out my front door if I can conjure up a few thousand more unsullied.

Load Metric
    im pretty sure dragons dont burn targaryans.

would have preferred it try to burn jon and he emerge from the flames naked and unscathed because genes but here we are.

Comments

blake: I thought that was going to happen

Thread Information