Thread: the dentist from hell.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

the dentist from hell.

would like to preface this by saying i've been to many dentists over the course of my life, but my latest has to be the worst as i can ever remember.

from the moment i sat down and got my first novocaine shot it was hell. this guy had no touch w/the needle. he didn't swab the area of my gums before it to numb the area. he just seemed to guess where to painfully inject me. very slowly i might add. i was like,..wtf....never have i experienced a worse needle touch. and one time he hit a nerve or something like that..and i literally jumped off the seat like you see on cartoons because it was so painful. he seemed like he was guessing as well, as to where to inject..up, down..inside the gums...wtf...this fucker had to give 4 shots because each time he was prepping/drill/chipping a tooth for a crown the pain kept coming back....his excuse was it was a difficult tooth.

i had so much novocaine the whole left side of my face was swollen and it even moved up towards my left eye and my head......it gets better, after all this juice making me high, and having him get back to work on my tooth, i told him it was getting dark and i was going to pass out because the left side of my face/head felt like the elephant man. he then stopped had me sit up, opened the window and gave me some vitamin water...then we started back up, (20 minutes later) but the good part about things i didn't feel his butchery because i was so high....but he took such a long time, all 4 shots started to wear off and rather then inject me and risk me pass out i had to deal w/ pain for the last leg of what seemed like an operation....this wasn't even a oral surgeon, just a regular dentist working on 1 tooth

so now i have a temp crown over a tooth that didn't even have a root canal..and the trauma pain was brutal for days after. for 1 week straight i've taken painkillers and now working on the second week, it's better but every time i eat food gets stuck in between this tooth and another and i must agitate it and floss it to get it out, furthering my discomfort..

my wife is greek and she like to find other greek's for everything, dunno why. it's just this brotherhood bullshit... i don;t give a shit...i just want a smart capable dentist.thing is.i don;t want to research frikken dentists,,(i guess i have to..as some suck dick or will up sell you)..i'm not looking forward to going back for him to finish off the real crown...i just hope for little to no pain for something so small to do. but i'm sure he'll fuck it up.

Comments

IamGreek: OPA! Greek wife rep!

Load Metric
    How about going to a different dentist to fix this? Just an idea.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    i wish..i had really good dental insurance last year, and this guy was in my plan. so i had him bill it before he did the work as i didn't carry over this plan starting in january...there was no escaping dr giglz w/o taking a big hit in my wallet. i have to go for 1 more visit for the final crown.....i'm deathly afraid and i think i want temporary cement for it, so if stuff is messed up i can salvage the crown with another dentist

but as i write this my tooth still hurts and the gum underneath/around it looks off......fuck me

Load Metric
    When I was in Okinawa we had some Japanese teeth-cleaning bitch that we called Tojo's Revenge. Fuck that bitch would kill your fucking mouth. Bitch

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    i wish..i had really good dental insurance last year, and this guy was in my plan. so i had him bill it before he did the work as i didn't carry over this plan starting in january...there was no escaping dr giglz w/o taking a big hit in my wallet. i have to go for 1 more visit for the final crown.....i'm deathly afraid and i think i want temporary cement for it, so if stuff is messed up i can salvage the crown with another dentist

but as i write this my tooth still hurts and the gum underneath/around it looks off......fuck me
    It's not legal to bill before the work is complete. What if you got in a car accident tomorrow and died? Do you think the insurance company would allow him to keep the money for future procedures that never could take place? If they knew of it, of course not.

Sounds like this guy is clueless. Keep in mind that some dentists are failed medical students who end up having to go the "easier" route of dentistry, so you have to watch out. If you see signs that your dentist isn't competent, you should run.

You are legally entitled to get a refund for any work that hasn't been started. I would get that refund and go elsewhere, even if it costs you more.

BTW, he was the one committing the crime by billing it in advance, not you. It doesn't matter if you were the one asking him to do this. If he refuses to back it out (they can code it as a mistake), you can both report him and sue him for this.

Load Metric
    Not a big fan of mouth pain either, and. Compound's when you have a shitty dentist.
    During the past 5 years I have undergone some extensive dental work consisting of replacing old iron fillings with ceramic white ones two crown' two bridges four wisdom tooth removal all done by the same dentist. He is a older guy and has been a dentist for 30+ years and is very good at what he does, although he seems to be at least 10% more than some others his experience makes it worth the extra loot, I am pretty good with pain and have had some minor work done without freezing but when he does freezing his assistant will rub your shoulder a bit I guess to help relax and is a nice try anyway.
    We are on two different plans which affords us up to four cleanings and up to 3600 worth of work done each per year, for approves work.
    Keeping a good healthy set of teeth is very important if you enjoy chewing food, there are some nasty illness you can get from a unhealthy teeth. Cancer included.

Comments

1marley1: .
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

It's not legal to bill before the work is complete. What if you got in a car accident tomorrow and died? Do you think the insurance company would allow him to keep the money for future procedures that never could take place? If they knew of it, of course not.

Sounds like this guy is clueless. Keep in mind that some dentists are failed medical students who end up having to go the "easier" route of dentistry, so you have to watch out. If you see signs that your dentist isn't competent, you should run.

You are legally entitled to get a refund for any work that hasn't been started. I would get that refund and go elsewhere, even if it costs you more.

BTW, he was the one committing the crime by billing it in advance, not you. It doesn't matter if you were the one asking him to do this. If he refuses to back it out (they can code it as a mistake), you can both report him and sue him for this.
    i'm not going to sue anybody. but i'm not going to use him again. the dude threw too many wild pitches over 2 visits..but sadly i still have to come to bat one last time..............unless i see another dentist and have him mail the crown there to the new dentist?

i told him the only way i was going to get extensive work done on this tooth was if he billed it before..well,....he did put a temporary filling in and put the wheels in motion, but he billed for crown as well.....it only cost me $700 for 2 crowns.

the tooth still bothers me, (hopefully it's trauma and it will subside) food just keeps getting logged between and it always seems to be there, even when i remove it....and i still take ibuprofen daily.

Thread Information