Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1227

Thread: FAO Stock geeks: My NIA type pick for the next while

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    I made a play with Dicks Sporting Goods between Monday and Tuesday. Of course It was a high risk spec trade, I didn't think DKS was going to pull through on earnings. News reports came out the last couple of trading days of DKS being under investigation for securities fraud. Combine this with the fact that retail hasn't been doing well, and I certainly didn't imagine DKS having a good earnings report partially due to the fact that customers aren't buying weapons etc nearly as much because Obama is out of office, and the demand has gone south. Sure enough, I was correct on this one

Perfect

Netted about $1500 in under 24 hours. I bought 40 contracts of a PUT spread. I was debating buying more, but this was a riskier play and could have easily gone the other way - I didn't want to overdo it.
    Hey, I'm happy for waking up in my hotel room this morning on vacation sipping coffee and clicking the button to make $1500! A nice way to wrap up my little vaycay and head home.

I've never been so satisfied for playing with dicks!

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Risked $1000 to win $1500, not bad. Seems like every retailer is getting slaughtered one by one. Macys, Nordstrom, Pier One, Dicks, American Eagle Outfitters. Anyone that has a store in a mall is getting smashed.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    I made a play with Dicks Sporting Goods between Monday and Tuesday. Of course It was a high risk spec trade, I didn't think DKS was going to pull through on earnings. News reports came out the last couple of trading days of DKS being under investigation for securities fraud. Combine this with the fact that retail hasn't been doing well, and I certainly didn't imagine DKS having a good earnings report partially due to the fact that customers aren't buying weapons etc nearly as much because Obama is out of office, and the demand has gone south. Sure enough, I was correct on this one

Perfect

Netted about $1500 in under 24 hours. I bought 40 contracts of a PUT spread. I was debating buying more, but this was a riskier play and could have easily gone the other way - I didn't want to overdo it.
    Hey, I'm happy for waking up in my hotel room this morning on vacation sipping coffee and clicking the button to make $1500! A nice way to wrap up my little vaycay and head home.

I've never been so satisfied for playing with dicks!

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Risked $1000 to win $1500, not bad. Seems like every retailer is getting slaughtered one by one. Macys, Nordstrom, Pier One, Dicks, American Eagle Outfitters. Anyone that has a store in a mall is getting smashed.

Actually about $800 risked, but yeah, one by one they are getting slaughtered.
    Companies like Amazon are doing to brick-and-mortar retailers, what companies like Walmart have done to mom and pop shops in the past years.

I was about to pick up some RL puts today because they report tomorrow, but changed my mind because of the market activity today.

Thankfully the only positions I had today were some Twitter CALLS, but they were stopped-out - only lost a couple hundred on that one.

I did buy some DIA PUTS today before the market closed. I had some a couple of weeks back but they were stopped out.

Name:  20170517_154423.png
Views: 288
Size:  52.1 KB

I think we could very well see a continuation of what happened today. I was going to get a closer expiration, but decided to get June expo instead so they have about 1 month until expiration and won't be quite as volatile.

Comments

Sanlmar: Love the work your doing Gord

Load Metric
    There was Target today. They just chose the wrong day to beat.

I am absolutely shattered. I woke up at 3:45am past 3 days. Going to bed at 9pm. I am so sick but something was up.

The Trump noise has been on ignore for me until the market says it's real. Well, game on. Please cancel the whole Trump effect. Pleaaaaase.

Ford lays off. So that's fun and my favorite

We have been waiting for 8 months for this mood shift. You can potentially make your biggest returns on days like this if you come in flat.

Will it continue tomorrow or will the big guys buy the dip. We will see. Hopefully they do and get smashed.

Beautiful times and stay loose.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 05-17-2017 at 02:15 PM.

Load Metric
    What are you talking about? Institutions and hedge funds have been selling the past two months to shit for brains retail investors

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    What are you talking about? Institutions and hedge funds have been selling the past two months to shit for brains retail investors
    Sanlmar was referring to the options market today. A day like today can make your year in trading. Tons of puts on banks and high tech names were up 1000%-5000% today. Even if you bought them this morning, you could have made 500%+ on them.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Got a feeling the big tech names are going to get slaughtered very soon, especially AMZN. Got some puts but gonna fire a lot this week if they continue to climb. Buying puts that expire later this month. Longshots too, way out of the money.

Load Metric
    Got a feeling the big tech names are going to get slaughtered very soon, especially AMZN. Got some puts but gonna fire a lot this week if they continue to climb. Buying puts that expire later this month. Longshots too, way out of the money.
    Amazon QA tech department is live streaming WWDC while eating donuts and coffee right now

Kinda interesting image to me

reports are that the speakers are actually quite entertaining
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 06-05-2017 at 09:45 AM.

Load Metric
    Please post the options you've chosen

What leaves me uncomfortable is that many are piling in (Fat fraud Cramer & co). Doesn't make it wrong but traders might rip their face off with a little squeeze

Fun spot. Kill it.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

What leaves me uncomfortable is that many are piling in (Fat fraud Cramer & co). Doesn't make it wrong but traders might rip their face off with a little squeeze

Fun spot. Kill it.
    Most of what I bought last wk is pretty much worthless. So what else can I do but buy some more?

Added today:
    NVDA June 23rd 150 put
    AMZN June 16th 1000 put

Gold
    Load Metric
    This market is going bonkers. Tesla is worth more than BMW! NVDA and BABA are going crazy too. Fear of missing out is the current play right now. Hopefully rushing for the exits is around the corner!

Gold
    Load Metric

Fun spot. Kill it.
    Most of what I bought last wk is pretty much worthless. So what else can I do but buy some more?

Added today:
    NVDA June 23rd 150 put
    AMZN June 16th 1000 put
    Up over 100% on each! Lets go.

Comments

Sanlmar: I know you are touching yourself right now

Load Metric
    Was just about to post.

Excellent AMZN. AMZN is my personal playground

Very very interesting market today. Things aren't right.

Pay yourself by cashing a few contracts. You will think more clearly going forward.

I am just scalping nickels & dimes compared to you tbh
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 06-09-2017 at 08:33 AM.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Was just about to post.

Excellent AMZN. AMZN is my personal playground

Very very interesting market today. Things aren't right.

Pay yourself by cashing a few contracts. You will think more clearly going forward.

I am just scalping nickels & dimes compared to you tbh
    Took some money out but it is going to be party if tech gets destroyed next wk.

Load Metric
    Snake god

4 bagger? That's a homerun where I come from.

Who needs Bitcoin?

Load Metric
    You see that spike on AMZN down to like 927?

At first you didn't think it was real.

Someone was trying to jam the futures down. You see this on a lot of heavy tech charts as a result.

Amongst many great stories today. Live for this shit.

Oh baby, game on...

Gold
    Load Metric
    You see that spike on AMZN down to like 927?

At first you didn't think it was real.

Someone was trying to jam the futures down. You see this on a lot of heavy tech charts as a result.

Amongst many great stories today. Live for this shit.

Oh baby, game on...
    Crazy action today. Little disappointed by that rally into the close but hopefully that was a trap for next week.

Gold
    Load Metric

Added today:
    NVDA June 23rd 150 put
    AMZN June 16th 1000 put
    Once in a while the stock markets throw me a bone. My goodness what a bloodbath.

Load Metric

Once in a while the stock markets throw me a bone. My goodness what a bloodbath.
    Enjoying your success

Which is a bit ironic because I am reveling in everyone else's suffering. Restoring order in the world as I understand it. Gratifying.

Load Metric

Enjoying your success

Which is a bit ironic because I am reveling in everyone else's suffering. Restoring order in the world as I understand it. Gratifying.

You are June 16 expire? Oops nvm. I looked above

Load Metric
    2:45 --> 3:00pm you're gonna see the future.

If it were me I would have a plan Snake. Fear or bargain hunting. It will portend the short term vs your ticking options clock

Damn entertaining

Thread Information