Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So I hear these noises in my house the past few days...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

similar experience...I had an apartment on 2nd floor of a 3 story apartment building...a squirrel came down the vent over my stove and was trapped there at the hatch/vent grill for a few days until it chewed its way through...each time I opened the vent to get him out he would disappear up the vent...anyway he chewed his way through one morning while he was at work and my 17 year old son, strongest and roughest lineman on his high school team, called me in a panic to come home and take care of the squirrel...I opened the sliding glass door to the balcony and chased the squirrel out there where he jumped onto a tree and returned to the wild...

the building super said the squirrel probably climbed into the vent opening on the roof of the building while trying to escape a hawk and fell down to my stove grate.
    Similar to my squirrel story. Mine happened about 16 years ago. I was taking a nap before my shift at work and I woke up to some scratching. I had no idea where it was coming from. I looked around and i get closer to my wood burning stove and I see it flickering a bit around the blower where the heat comes out. First thought was raccoon as we have had raccoons find ways into the attic but I didnt think I coon would be in there. All of a sudden the hatch pops open a bit and I see his face. I open up a door 2 feet from the stove hoping when he squeezes out he flys out the door.

Nope , little fucker pops out and runs straight into my bedroom and I lose sight of him. I checked everywhere and could not find him. I opened 2 windows in case he reappeared so he could maybe get out. I called my boss and he and another employee came over with a fishing net. The only place I hadnt checked was in my dresser and thats exactly where he was. He went behind the dresser and somehow crawled into a drawer and when we opened it he hopped right out and managed to jump right into the net. My buddy dropped him out of a 5 foot window drop and he was on his way.

/thread
    You're lucky it wasn't a raccoon. They are the most destructive animals on the fucking planet and they seem to take special pleasure in fucking with you especially if you've driven them out once before.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    tie some nice fly's with that tail.

semi related my wife chased this bugger out of our garden after he ate the tops off of 300 tulip's she planted in the fall, best part is they came back for more while she was standing there.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    venison obv

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: She threw a head of ice burg lettuce at it.... Fucker ate it

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Since the squirrel was a baby my neighbor decided to try to help it instead of putting it back in the wild in it's fragile condition which it wouldn't have lived long. The squirrel drank and ate a bit for two days but died which from the way it looked no matter what was done it was inevitable. My neighbor even went to a store to get something for young squirrels to eat which I forget what it was and kept the guy in a blanket but it didn't make a difference.

I haven't heard any squealing sounds in my house ever since but I thought I thought I heard some movement type of noises though I could be wrong so I'm still trying to figure out if there are more. I have to look at my house more thoroughly outside to see if I can figure it out where the entry was made which my best guess still is my chimney, however, going around that the way it's setup I can't see how he gets out of there.

We have some flying squirrels around here but this guy wasn't one.

Banned
    Load Metric
    A few years ago I heard a persistent rustling in my house from above. I went through the same gradual realization that it wasn't critters on top of the roof, but rather inside of it.

Turns out it was a cat and her litter. I tragically discovered this when they fell through the ceiling into my bedroom, and my dog got to them first. One of the kittens was still alive and I had to put her out of her misery. That was a rough week.

Comments

4Dragons: kills kittens

Load Metric
    lets not forget that dj chaps sucked off an owl

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Since the squirrel was a baby my neighbor decided to try to help it instead of putting it back in the wild in it's fragile condition which it wouldn't have lived long. The squirrel drank and ate a bit for two days but died which from the way it looked no matter what was done it was inevitable. My neighbor even went to a store to get something for young squirrels to eat which I forget what it was and kept the guy in a blanket but it didn't make a difference.

I haven't heard any squealing sounds in my house ever since but I thought I thought I heard some movement type of noises though I could be wrong so I'm still trying to figure out if there are more. I have to look at my house more thoroughly outside to see if I can figure it out where the entry was made which my best guess still is my chimney, however, going around that the way it's setup I can't see how he gets out of there.

Soon the ghost of that baby squirrel will be haunting you. Hide your nuts.

Comments

4Dragons: Hide Deez

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    A few years ago I heard a persistent rustling in my house from above. I went through the same gradual realization that it wasn't critters on top of the roof, but rather inside of it.

Turns out it was a cat and her litter. I tragically discovered this when they fell through the ceiling into my bedroom, and my dog got to them first. One of the kittens was still alive and I had to put her out of her misery. That was a rough week.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    watch out for visits from his moose friend

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Update:

I heard some more noises the past few days. I looked in crawl spaces in my upstairs which I could see some torn insulation but didn't notice any nest or any bad odor. In one place is where the chimney leads from the house down to that part of the crawl space which then goes down through the walls to the basement. I saw a few acorns sitting right near where I can see the chimney in my upstairs so I'm like fml they got to be finding a way in and out as they please. I looked around and couldn't see anything so I called an expert out. He looked over the outside and didn't see anywhere else they could come in from looking at my roof/eaves so the chimney seems like it's the culprit.

The chimney guy didn't see any nest in the chimney itself and he thought they might be coming into the basement then back up but I dunno about that. That little guy that wound up in my living room he thinks probably couldn't climb back out while the other bigger squirrels likely can.

The expert guy claimed sounds I'm hearing are probably just squirrels running through my gutters since he could see where activity could have happened and that may be what I am hearing but I doubt it for these past couple weeks.

He looked over everything for free and told me I could buy a chimney screen for $85 so they couldn't get in. I will probably do that but it was like 7pm when he showed up today so I decided to think about it and I wanted to get to the store before 8pm where I could buy a humane live bait trap that I can hopefully catch and set free the fucker(s) if anything is still in the house which I heard the noises the past two mornings and today I woke up at 7am from the scratching sounds which sucks for me cause I'm normally up late every night.

I rarely have done anything in my upstairs over the past few years which I used to be up there all the time blasting loud music, etc... Squirrels hate loud music so I'm debating blasting away that non stop during the day hours and then setting the trap afterward because just in case their is a nest I didn't see maybe the mama will get annoyed by the music and relocate her young ones.

This will be something I will have to look over for the next few days now and hopefully catch/scare whatever keeps coming or is hiding so good away before having screen put on. It's just best leaving these squirrels a way out on their own otherwise with the screen cap on I'd have no choice but to catch whatever is left.

Load Metric
    Here's some advice I read about but didn't have to try. If the squirrels can get down the chimney but can't get back up, just throw a half-decent size rope down the chimney and tie it off at the top. Squirrels can easily climb up the rope.

GL with those fuckers.

Thread Information