Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I hear these noises in my house the past few days...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

So I hear these noises in my house the past few days...

I live in a country area with woods all around so hearing birds and other various wildlife is completely common obv. The past few days I keep hearing these squealing sounds and what sounded like some movement.

Sometimes animals will crawl on my roof or whatever but this was loud to a point where I was thinking wtf is going on? What I mean is it sounded so much like something got in my house since even with the TV blasting I could hear sounds that seemed like I was outside and the walls of my home weren't reducing the noise.

My house has an upstairs, main floor, and basement. I don't have an attic but do have a chimney. The only thing to ever get in over the years is a few mice which always make it in from the basement and only once over the years do I recall one of them making it to the main floor. I'll leave couple traps set all times in my basement just in case.

Anyways, back to the story. So these noises were creeping me out a bit since they sounded so close. This started Sunday and around Noon-2pm for about three days in a row I heard the same squealing sound which went away after a while. I'd also hear other type of movement sounds,etc... Well, about two hours ago I'm sitting in my living room doing some internet surfing on laptop and I find this on my living room floor.

Name:  squirrel_in_house.PNG
Views: 1316
Size:  247.4 KB

I took that pic of my friend/neighbor holding the little guy. He was in shock and easy to catch but I did see him walk slowly in my living room prior to that. Unfortunately, I doubt he lives through the day and I sure hope he traveled alone since I rather not have any more surprises. I'm just left in wonder of how he got in which my best guess is my chimney even though so many years I've lived where I do and no baby squirrel or anything has ever got in.

Load Metric
    Sorry, one of my dupes.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    You need to find where they are getting into the house and seal it up. Not only will those fuckers tear up insulation and shit/piss everywhere, they are bad about biting into electrical wires. You'd be surprised how much trouble those little fuckers can be.

http://theweek.com/article/index/255...cas-power-grid

Even squirrels are proving to be, well, a squirrelly problem. No one really knows how much damage the rodents do, but it's certainly more than hackers manage. A cursory analysis in The New York Times found that over a four month span last year, squirrels caused at least 50 power outages across the country — and those were just the ones that made the news. And while no one knows how many people are affected by squirrel-related outages each year, in just two days last June, four squirrel-related incidents left more than 18,000 homes in four different states in the dark. How do squirrels manage such mayhem? They simply chew through wires or scamper over fragile electrical equipment.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah, they can cause several issues for sure and it disturbs me not knowing where he can in from. I walked around my house some but will have to look around much more to see if I can figure it out.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    make sure he will be ok you cold hearted bastard
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    kill it and make it your slave in the afterlife.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    once had an adult squirell come down my chimney and find its way through a hatch in my stove , took him about 1hr to get through but he made it

Comments

BeerAndPoker: He was in your stove so he wanted you to cook him up.

Load Metric
    Last september I had a few squirrel problems, 3 in a week going down the chimney and trapping themselves at the bottom, which is in my basement. Ended up getting them to run out into a big recycling bin, in which I ushered them back out into the outside world. Def 3 different squirrels, too, as opposed to one doing it over and over.

Comments

BeerAndPoker: Cool pics and glad you got rid of 'em humanely rep.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    kill it and make it your slave in the afterlife.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Chimney cap. Couple hundred installed.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  38.5 KB

Comments

DirtyErnie: exactly this,

ThreeBet: I have this

Load Metric
    tie some nice fly's with that tail.

semi related my wife chased this bugger out of our garden after he ate the tops off of 300 tulip's she planted in the fall, best part is they came back for more while she was standing there.

Name:  2014-04-10_09.54.27.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  74.1 KB
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    tie some nice fly's with that tail.

semi related my wife chased this bugger out of our garden after he ate the tops off of 300 tulip's she planted in the fall, best part is they came back for more while she was standing there.

Name:  2014-04-10_09.54.27.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  74.1 KB

Didnt he used to post at Donkdown?

Load Metric

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: these guys were near domesticated from what my wife told me

Load Metric
    Squirrel Dicks B&P, Squirrel Dicks.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: free slim t

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i have had this happen to me recently..i was in the dining room on the computer and out of the corner of my eye this squirrel just goes prancing by. when i spotted him he took off like spiderman and scaled all the rough cedar i have on the inside of my house..i didn;t know how to get rid of him. so i opened up the front door when it was 0 degrees and chased him around my house w/ a broom for almost a half hr before he found the front door

Load Metric
    Treerat problem easily solved with a .410

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    once had an adult squirell come down my chimney and find its way through a hatch in my stove , took him about 1hr to get through but he made it
    similar experience...I had an apartment on 2nd floor of a 3 story apartment building...a squirrel came down the vent over my stove and was trapped there at the hatch/vent grill for a few days until it chewed its way through...each time I opened the vent to get him out he would disappear up the vent...anyway he chewed his way through one morning while he was at work and my 17 year old son, strongest and roughest lineman on his high school team, called me in a panic to come home and take care of the squirrel...I opened the sliding glass door to the balcony and chased the squirrel out there where he jumped onto a tree and returned to the wild...

the building super said the squirrel probably climbed into the vent opening on the roof of the building while trying to escape a hawk and fell down to my stove grate.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Basically a long haired rat
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    similar experience...I had an apartment on 2nd floor of a 3 story apartment building...a squirrel came down the vent over my stove and was trapped there at the hatch/vent grill for a few days until it chewed its way through...each time I opened the vent to get him out he would disappear up the vent...anyway he chewed his way through one morning while he was at work and my 17 year old son, strongest and roughest lineman on his high school team, called me in a panic to come home and take care of the squirrel...I opened the sliding glass door to the balcony and chased the squirrel out there where he jumped onto a tree and returned to the wild...

the building super said the squirrel probably climbed into the vent opening on the roof of the building while trying to escape a hawk and fell down to my stove grate.
    Similar to my squirrel story. Mine happened about 16 years ago. I was taking a nap before my shift at work and I woke up to some scratching. I had no idea where it was coming from. I looked around and i get closer to my wood burning stove and I see it flickering a bit around the blower where the heat comes out. First thought was raccoon as we have had raccoons find ways into the attic but I didnt think I coon would be in there. All of a sudden the hatch pops open a bit and I see his face. I open up a door 2 feet from the stove hoping when he squeezes out he flys out the door.

Nope , little fucker pops out and runs straight into my bedroom and I lose sight of him. I checked everywhere and could not find him. I opened 2 windows in case he reappeared so he could maybe get out. I called my boss and he and another employee came over with a fishing net. The only place I hadnt checked was in my dresser and thats exactly where he was. He went behind the dresser and somehow crawled into a drawer and when we opened it he hopped right out and managed to jump right into the net. My buddy dropped him out of a 5 foot window drop and he was on his way.

/thread

Thread Information