I live in a country area with woods all around so hearing birds and other various wildlife is completely common obv. The past few days I keep hearing these squealing sounds and what sounded like some movement.

Sometimes animals will crawl on my roof or whatever but this was loud to a point where I was thinking wtf is going on? What I mean is it sounded so much like something got in my house since even with the TV blasting I could hear sounds that seemed like I was outside and the walls of my home weren't reducing the noise.

My house has an upstairs, main floor, and basement. I don't have an attic but do have a chimney. The only thing to ever get in over the years is a few mice which always make it in from the basement and only once over the years do I recall one of them making it to the main floor. I'll leave couple traps set all times in my basement just in case.

Anyways, back to the story. So these noises were creeping me out a bit since they sounded so close. This started Sunday and around Noon-2pm for about three days in a row I heard the same squealing sound which went away after a while. I'd also hear other type of movement sounds,etc... Well, about two hours ago I'm sitting in my living room doing some internet surfing on laptop and I find this on my living room floor.

Name:  squirrel_in_house.PNG
Views: 1316
Size:  247.4 KB

I took that pic of my friend/neighbor holding the little guy. He was in shock and easy to catch but I did see him walk slowly in my living room prior to that. Unfortunately, I doubt he lives through the day and I sure hope he traveled alone since I rather not have any more surprises. I'm just left in wonder of how he got in which my best guess is my chimney even though so many years I've lived where I do and no baby squirrel or anything has ever got in.