Thread: Dodgers took a wad in the #ss yesterday

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Dodgers took a wad in the #ss yesterday

But big G pitching tonight and I feel much better.

1 to 0 right now dodgers on top.

Better get home so I can watch them on dish.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Dish doesn't carry them yet, right?

They won today behind a good start by Greinke. There was a scary moment after Greinke hit a double, where he seemed to be repeatedly crouching on the base, and then kept crouching during the following inning. He also gave up 2 solo HRs. The last thing this team needs is to lose him to injury.

Nice to see Kemp and Hanley both blow up for 2 HR each.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    the LA Times ran a story covering this the other day...

cliff notes

Only Time-Warner cable has the Dodgers Channel in Los Angeles right now...unfortunately, TW is not available in many parts of LA...the largest provider of pay tv in Los Angeles is Direct TV, a satellite company, and it has 30% market share...DirectTV is the major negotiator standing against Time Warner...

currently, only about 30,000 people in Los Angeles are viewing Dodger games...by contrast, the Angeles, which are on FoxWest, are drawing 100,000 viewers per game

for those of us in LA without Time Warner, the best we can do is subscribe to MLB.TV via the internet and get the games on delayed basis--90 minutes after completion of the game...with MLB.TV any major league game that is out of market games you can get live, and all games are archived
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric

They won today behind a good start by Greinke. There was a scary moment after Greinke hit a double, where he seemed to be repeatedly crouching on the base, and then kept crouching during the following inning. He also gave up 2 solo HRs. The last thing this team needs is to lose him to injury.

Nice to see Kemp and Hanley both blow up for 2 HR each.
    Indeed. On a side note Dbacks won #2 today apparently they can only win with Miley on the mound.. At this rate they'll be 16-146.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    the LA Times ran a story covering this the other day...

cliff notes

Only Time-Warner cable has the Dodgers Channel in Los Angeles right now...unfortunately, TW is not available in many parts of LA...the largest provider of pay tv in Los Angeles is Direct TV, a satellite company, and it has 30% market share...DirectTV is the major negotiator standing against Time Warner...

currently, only about 30,000 people in Los Angeles are viewing Dodger games...by contrast, the Angeles, which are on FoxWest, are drawing 100,000 viewers per game

for those of us in LA without Time Warner, the best we can do is subscribe to MLB.TV via the internet and get the games on delayed basis--90 minutes after completion of the game...with MLB.TV any major league game that is out of market games you can get live, and all games are archived
    Actually, the best you can do is go to strikeout.co and find a feed for the game.

Just don't download any media players, and be prepared to search for the best feed.

Tonight the game was on ESPN, so that wasn't necessary.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Dodgers got the Tigers on Tuesday and Wednesday. They will have Scherzer and Sanchez to deal with.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Dodgers got the Tigers on Tuesday and Wednesday. They will have Scherzer and Sanchez to deal with.
    I hate this shit where one interleague game takes place pretty much every day.

This has been the case since Houston flipped to the AL.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I agree and wish they stuck with the way it was in the past with a one to two week spurt a few times during the season containing like all the interleague games but it's not like that anymore.

Load Metric
    Random question Druff, but how many ball parks have you visited?
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric

I agree and wish they stuck with the way it was in the past with a one to two week spurt a few times during the season containing like all the interleague games but it's not like that anymore.
    They can't because there are now odd numbers of teams in each league and keeping interleague to a brief portion of the season means at least one team in each league is out of action every day. Couldn't fit the season in.

I once read a proposal for "opposite day" in interleague games. In a 3 game series in a NL park one game would be played under the AL rules and vice versa. Then crowds that don't normally get to see DHs would see them and crowds that don't normally get to LOL while pitchers try to bat would see that too. I like the idea.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

They can't because there are now odd numbers of teams in each league and keeping interleague to a brief portion of the season means at least one team in each league is out of action every day. Couldn't fit the season in.

I once read a proposal for "opposite day" in interleague games. In a 3 game series in a NL park one game would be played under the AL rules and vice versa. Then crowds that don't normally get to see DHs would see them and crowds that don't normally get to LOL while pitchers try to bat would see that too. I like the idea.
    I can see AL fans wanting that, but as a NL fan fuck that rule change and F the DH in general.

So much more strategy to a game when the P's have to bat.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post

I can see AL fans wanting that, but as a NL fan fuck that rule change and F the DH in general.

I agree, but the "experiment" started over 40 years ago and seems to be here to stay.

Load Metric

I agree, but the "experiment" started over 40 years ago and seems to be here to stay.
    I 100 % agree there,
    even if they tried the union wouldn't let them, too many old guys can extend their career.

In fact, per my local radio guy, the NL was considering it, because of losing all these stars to these 10 year deals.
    (I.E. Pujols, Fielder) because NL teams couldn't match those years, w/out the DH as an alternative for the later part.

You are a fan of an AL team, I'm assuming?

Load Metric

I 100 % agree there,
    even if they tried the union wouldn't let them, too many old guys can extend their career.

In fact, per my local radio guy, the NL was considering it, because of losing all these stars to these 10 year deals.
    (I.E. Pujols, Fielder) because NL teams couldn't match those years, w/out the DH as an alternative for the later part.

You are a fan of an AL team, I'm assuming?
    I have a team in each league.

Thread Information