Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another reason for not visiting Georgia

Load Metric

Another reason for not visiting Georgia

Georgia's 'guns everywhere' bill celebrated by pro-gun lobby

hasn't past yet but dare to dream, gotta thin the herd some how.

It will no longer be illegal to bring a firearm to a place of worship, as long as the congregation says it’s allowed. If someone is caught with a firearm in a church that bans guns there will be a $100 fine.

far as i am concerned this isn't a problem for me..... shot guns for every one! church is overrated.

School districts will be allowed to decide if staff can carry firearms in elementary and high schools. Firearms still won’t be legal on college campuses but the penalty for licence holders is dropped to $100.

cheeper than a speeding ticket, maybe a bring your gun to school day... make it so

Licensed carriers will be able to bring firearms into bars unless the owner disallows it. Someone who doesn’t co-operate with a no-gun rule could be charged with trespassing on private property.

drinking and shooting is almost as fun as drinking and chainsaws

No more bans on firearms in public housing.

this should always be like this. every man for himself, amiright?

Firearms can be carried in non-secure areas of airports. A person with a gun caught in a secure area will simply be asked to leave, without risk of arrest, jail or a fine.

airports and guns are just a no-brainer.

Police won't be able to stop people to ask to see a carry permit.
    No database allowed of concealed carry permit holders.

fuck the poolice

There's one in the spot lite he don't look right to me

get him up against the WALL

Comments

gauchojake: Shut it down

Muck Ficon: Lol. Thinking your opinion matters

nunbeater: and that one looks Jewish! And that one's a coon! Who let all of this riff-raff into the room?

GrenadaRoger: cynical but correct
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Giving a shit about anything that happens in Georgia is only marginally less arbitrary and absurd than pointing the shit end of the stick at Shariah being tweaked in some god forsaken outcropping of dusty rocks on the Afghan border of China.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Did they forget to include prisons? All prisoners should be given a standard issue pistol. Bullets available in the commissary.

:sfobv
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Sorry Baron, everyone here has guns and to put up a sign saying 'we have no guns here', is akin to waving around a sign that says 'rob me, i'm defenseless'. The fun part of your post is that you have this odd take on it that it will somehow promote gun violence, and the statistics show that you are dead wrong. If you think everyone in the room has a pistol, you become extremely polite.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Sorry Baron, everyone here has guns and to put up a sign saying 'we have no guns here', is akin to waving around a sign that says 'rob me, i'm defenseless'. The fun part of your post is that you have this odd take on it that it will somehow promote gun violence, and the statistics show that you are dead wrong. If you think everyone in the room has a pistol, you become extremely polite.
    It also says spend your vacation dollars elsewhere. If I need a gun to be safe I would rather stay away. I guess it's a cultural thing. I know nobody that carries a gun. Even the police officers I know rarely carry off duty. Perhaps we take it too far the other way. The Toronto courthouse is 'guarded' by security officers that don't have guns.
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    It also says spend your vacation dollars elsewhere. If I need a gun to be safe I would rather stay away. I guess it's a cultural thing. I know nobody that carries a gun. Even the police officers I know rarely carry off duty. Perhaps we take it too far the other way. The Toronto courthouse is 'guarded' by security officers that don't have guns.
    These are typical US and Canadian responses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ate#By_country

Canada 1.6
    USA 4.8

Load Metric
    Polite society or else? Still not a place to visit, although I have no problems with guns I have shot many (at a range) good fun. Pointing a gun a a person is just insane and some ones life should not be in the hands of random strangers. Rather it would be better with no guns.
    I would think more people would kill ther famileys and them selves during difficult situations. How can you tell if a potentially unstable dude is playing trafic cop today?

Comments

Muck Ficon: Faggot rep
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Polite society or else? Still not a place to visit, although I have no problems with guns I have shot many (at a range) good fun. Pointing a gun a a person is just insane and some ones life should not be in the hands of random strangers. Rather it would be better with no guns.
    I would think more people would kill ther famileys and them selves during difficult situations. How can you tell if a potentially unstable dude is playing trafic cop today?
    Again, if the unstable traffic cop goes on a spree, do you want to be able to defend yourself or wait for a cop to maybe show up before you're next? The difference between free men and slaves is firearms. Slaves are target practice for free men. Here the racist libs have a great time banning firearms in big cities where there are a majority of blacks. Chicago, New York, DC... Does nothing to help stop gun violence except to make sure that law abiding people are sitting ducks for people who don't really care about what's legal.

The other point you bring up is another oddball one, pointing a gun at someone is insane, and most everyone here has a gun, and most of us have never pulled it on anyone but the range. The numbers just don't add up, having a gun doesn't mean you are pointing it at people. That's something wrong in your own brain that you think that.

Load Metric
    I am a hunter and own shotguns and a rifle, but the belief that you are safer carrying a gun is false. In fact, you are more than four times more likey to be shot or killed if you carry a gun. Here is a study by the University of Pennsylvania:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...l#.Uz8b9ye9KSM

Of course the NRA and the Georgia legislature probably don't have much use for scientific data and statistics.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    I am a hunter and own shotguns and a rifle, but the belief that you are safer carrying a gun is false. In fact, you are more than four times more likey to be shot or killed if you carry a gun. Here is a study by the University of Pennsylvania:

Of course the NRA and the Georgia legislature probably don't have much use for scientific data and statistics.
    It's hard to reason with the group of people that believe that everything is controlled by an invisible sky wizard.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Georgia's 'guns everywhere' bill celebrated by pro-gun lobby

hasn't past yet but dare to dream, gotta thin the herd some how.

It will no longer be illegal to bring a firearm to a place of worship, as long as the congregation says it’s allowed. If someone is caught with a firearm in a church that bans guns there will be a $100 fine.

far as i am concerned this isn't a problem for me..... shot guns for every one! church is overrated.

School districts will be allowed to decide if staff can carry firearms in elementary and high schools. Firearms still won’t be legal on college campuses but the penalty for licence holders is dropped to $100.

cheeper than a speeding ticket, maybe a bring your gun to school day... make it so

Licensed carriers will be able to bring firearms into bars unless the owner disallows it. Someone who doesn’t co-operate with a no-gun rule could be charged with trespassing on private property.

drinking and shooting is almost as fun as drinking and chainsaws

No more bans on firearms in public housing.

this should always be like this. every man for himself, amiright?

Firearms can be carried in non-secure areas of airports. A person with a gun caught in a secure area will simply be asked to leave, without risk of arrest, jail or a fine.

airports and guns are just a no-brainer.

Police won't be able to stop people to ask to see a carry permit.
    No database allowed of concealed carry permit holders.

fuck the poolice

There's one in the spot lite he don't look right to me

get him up against the WALL

Ok so someone wants to go into a church and shoot a bunch of people. Are you saying that a law prohibiting guns in churches is going to make them think twice?

I would go ahead and guess most people walking/living around public housing won't qualify for concealed carry permit or be too lazy to go through the process to get one so if there is a law prohibiting carrying in public housing it will deter virtually nobody from doing just that.

As for bars, the only reason someone should be able to carry in a bar is if they are an owner or someone who is leaving with a large amount of cash that is making deposits for the establishment. In Ohio the current law is that you are allowed to carry in a bar as long as you're not drinking but its up to the owner if they want to allow that and I've never heard of any that do. If you have a CCW permit and are carrying and drinking in a bar it a felony.

Load Metric
    Can we seriously not do this thread?

Like.. not now, not ever?

Comments

Muck Ficon: :this

gauchojake: Never ever ever?

Corrigan: voice of reason

rum dick: halfway through and i still havent seen a post worth reading other than your shariah one

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Up until a year or two ago CA had open carry laws (please don't visit here). Many states still do. It's not a big deal. And Georgia is beautiful.

Load Metric

So did they include the military and police in this? How are they better than you? They might even have been or are you. Don't you get that? The way the country is set up is to say that the people have the right to bear arms, and give special permission to law enforcement to do so, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    WMD4D, Do you even shoot bro?

Load Metric

A) The article does not specify how many of the "victims" were carrying in a legal manner. Who is to say how many of them were killed by police while committing a crime or by a citizen who they were attempting to rob or kill?

B) Any study where Philly is the control group is automatically suspect.

C) The study is 5 years old and was compiled by data that was already 2 years old. A lot changes in 7 years time.

D) Most importantly, if I'm going to get shot I would hope that I get a shot or two off before I go down. I care only about me and my family not the self-righteous and self serving agendas of people attempting to undo rights that were given to us over 200 years ago.
    Last edited by shortbuspoker; 04-04-2014 at 04:30 PM. Reason: my math was off

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    WMD4D, Do you even shoot bro?
    Ex pro-paintball player. Hunter. Skeet blaster. Infrequent pistol range visitor. I suck with a bow.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: some of the old factories in slovakia are paint ball courses some are real popular destination for euopeans into the sport

rum dick: skeet rep

Load Metric
    people walking around with guns straped to there hips is scarry as shit if you are from a place that dosent allow this way of life. maby it works there for the better? hard for me to immagine that though.
    my very good frend last year came home after spending the night in jail and a DUI.... grabed a hand gun stuck it in his mouth and killed him self, he had permits for the weapons too but he also had some deep mental issues that developed after he got the permits, he had four young children and wouldent be able to work with out his driving licence this is my experiance with hand guns in Canada.
    Georga is a beautieful state no doubt and likly infinatly kind people i am sure! except all the nutters carrying guns on there hips acting like boss hogg.

real question...... is it that dangerous there that you need a gun to protect your self? is it the blacks?

Comments

Muck Ficon: Faggot post gets red rep
    all hail Hydra

Load Metric
    its the blacks.

Comments

4Dragons: rofl

Baron Von Strucker: can they have guns too?

Load Metric
    I don't see the issue bro....

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: top notch Spicoli immitation

Thread Information