Thread: Hores Racing help. trying to become a degen

Hores Racing help. trying to become a degen

I called in sick today b/c I need to make some money (not really I'm hung over like a champ). The only option I have is the OTB. Anybody know anything that might help with winning some loot today? A decent respectable site or handicapping advise that works.

Everybody here and DD seems to be slot and sports degens. I'd like to be a horse degen since it's the closest form of gambling to my house, less than 1 mile.

Bet on the skinny meth whore, they're always quicker, and those oxy whores might nod off on you at any time.

In reality, I'm no expert handicapper, but I've had a lot of success betting successful jockeys when they're taking a mount on a horse that hasn't produced to that point, particularly if the horse is bred to fit their strengths as a jockey. I had Meadowlands down to a science back in the 90's one year, back when Joe Bravo was emerging, but I've never been able to duplicate that success, other than when I follow the successful jockey on unproven horse at the right odds formula.

Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    In reality, I'm no expert handicapper, but I've had a lot of success betting successful jockeys when they're taking a mount on a horse that hasn't produced to that point, particularly if the horse is bred to fit their strengths as a jockey. I had Meadowlands down to a science back in the 90's one year, back when Joe Bravo was emerging, but I've never been able to duplicate that success, other than when I follow the successful jockey on unproven horse at the right odds formula.
    I assume Monday all the horses are going to be shit so looking at the jockey sounds like good advise. what odds formula are you speaking of?

When I say formula, I just mean getting a decent price, 5-1 to 8-1 range. A lot of people bet jockeys, so it isn't profitable if they bet an unproven horse down to 2-1, but if you can find a jockey that's tearing it up, and get decent odds, that's when I take a shot.

thanks I'm off in a few to give it a try

Banned
    PrAiSeThElOrD

I was hoping horseracing was here.

A friend of mine owns race horses and has his own crew and he seems to make a ton betting ,I will ask him for any advice he will trow out there and ill post his responce .

I didn't realize Monday sucks for horse racing. I stuck with Parx since I'm in the east. I actually studied the book for about 15 minutes between races and it worked. All the races were for around 10K claiming so I assume that means the horses all suck. I'd pick the top jockeys and then look at the speed figure. I also looked to see if any longs shots got bet down a great deal. I actually won and that's a first in years.

I think it will be easy to degen on the horses. the crowd is really shady and I was easily the yougest at under 40 in the entire OTB.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirens View Post
    A friend of mine owns race horses and has his own crew and he seems to make a ton betting ,I will ask him for any advice he will trow out there and ill post his responce .

that would be awesome I need some help

Blog Entries
    So you give up a guaranteed source of income (your job) in hopes to make money on the ponies? Why not find another form of gambling that you can get a better edge at?

28% rake
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    So you give up a guaranteed source of income (your job) in hopes to make money on the ponies? Why not find another form of gambling that you can get a better edge at?
    WAT? No I was hungover so I called in sick one day to go play the ponies.

Perfect use of sick day IMO

Learn to read the Racing Form, then spend years studying. You will still fail because being a winning handicapper is way harder than being a brain surgeon, but handicapping is awesome so do it anyway. Every race is like a little murder mystery, and when you're right it's a great feeling. But you will not win in the long run.

Another day at the OTB and shockingly another winning day. I started with trying to pick based on speed ratings and claiming prices. Didn't work well and the odds were horrible when I found a good bet (what I thought a good bet was). I finally found some tracks that had fabulous odds. The first race had 7 horse all over 20/1 but the favorite at 1/9. I took all the horses to show and a bunch of exactas. My thought was to bet a tri box with all horses that would cost $210 hoping the fav. didn't win. Well, the fav came in 4th and the winner was around 42/1. somehow my show bet paid $128 and the exacta paid $262. I really wish I'd bet the $210 it paid $1800+. Next race I found had the same favorite and the all other horse long shots. I played ALL w/ FAV w/ all that cost $30 and won that for $90. I guess I got really lucky.

time to start studing the Form I guess.

some of the numbers may be off a little except the $210 bet would have paid $1800+

Thread Information