Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: POKERSTARS PURCHASES FTP FOR $750 MILLION, PLAYERS WILL BE 100% REFUNDED

Load Metric
    Now if only Stars will buy UB!

Druff - Please fix the 'New Posts' button/query, not going to new server or some shit

Load Metric
    What does this mean for me? Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled to get my $18.24 back from those scumbags at FT who stole it from me.

Still no online pokers for Mericans, correct?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Still no online pokers for Mericans, correct?
    Obviously not.

Although if you believe QuadJacks, Pokerstars is in talks with the DOJ to buy all of America's debt in exchange for legalization.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Here's another report so I guess it's real.

http://pokerfuse.com/news/poker-room...tles-with-doj/

Load Metric
    This deal as it stands makes absolutely no sense in any way, shape or form. The only way it makes sense is if Pokerstars is trying to broker a deal and sell the FTP assets to someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    This deal as it stands makes absolutely no sense in any way, shape or form. The only way it makes sense is if Pokerstars is trying to broker a deal and sell the FTP assets to someone else.
    Here is my take on it: of particular importance is the bit under why pay $750 million header.
    http://pokernewsboy.com/online-poker...-for-you/11937
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post

Druff - Please fix the 'New Posts' button/query, not going to new server or some shit
    Works when I click it. You are talking about that little arrow thing you click to see new posts?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Works when I click it. You are talking about that little arrow thing you click to see new posts?
    No this:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I guess Jungleman went on snake in the grass radio and said from what he's heard this is likely true.

The silence alone from Pokerstars makes me believe it could be true because you'd think they would shoot this rumor down right away if it wasn't.

As for the $750 million part that could be exaggerated though.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I deposited $1500 on Tilt probably 2 years ago(or longer), and the money was never withdrawn from my bank account. Anyone know if I still will be liable? I mean a check is usually only good for 180 days, so I would imagine that this would be a similar incident, but I could be wrong.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

No this:
    That's a problem with the temporary server which will be fixed when I migrate this to the final server (which should be later today or tomorrow).

I used this temporary server as both a test of how the new one will work out (so far, so good), and because the existing pokerfraudalert.com one was almost unusable anyway.

I am aware of the "blank screen" bug and I know how to fix it, but it is too much effort to bother with on a server I am abandoning anyway.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterj View Post
    I deposited $1500 on Tilt probably 2 years ago(or longer), and the money was never withdrawn from my bank account. Anyone know if I still will be liable? I mean a check is usually only good for 180 days, so I would imagine that this would be a similar incident, but I could be wrong.
    I doubt Stars will follow this up. It sounds like they are just buying the player debt and paying out US players. There is also an ethical problem with this (perhaps you had the cash to gamble back then, but not now.)

Perhaps they will subtract this from player accounts, but I doubt they will come after anyone's bank accounts if it puts them below zero.

Oh, and if it's 2 years ago, I'm sure even Full Tilt itself lost track of it by now.

Load Metric
    I doubt Stars will follow this up. It sounds like they are just buying the player debt and paying out US players. There is also an ethical problem with this (perhaps you had the cash to gamble back then, but not now.)

Perhaps they will subtract this from player accounts, but I doubt they will come after anyone's bank accounts if it puts them below zero.

Oh, and if it's 2 years ago, I'm sure even Full Tilt itself lost track of it by now.

I wonder if they will cross reference their Stars database before refunding ROW players. One could easily have a negative balance on FT due to phantom deposits and a positive balance on Stars. They could potentially use your Stars balance to pay off your FullTilt debt and I'm not sure that would even be unethical.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I have the cash, but I'd rather not have to pay even though it is ethically dubious.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If it's true I see a crook buying a crooked site...

Those links offer absolutely nothing in the manner of truth....

Load Metric
    i just want to play on a good site again and not worry.
    Last edited by tommyt; 04-24-2012 at 10:29 AM. Reason: ,

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    It makes sense if Isai Scheinberg doesn't have to go to jail.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I have the cash, but I'd rather not have to pay even though it is ethically dubious.
    No, I meant that it's unfair to let someone gamble $2000 that they think they're spending today, not withdraw the money from their account for 2 years, and then suddenly go after it.

This is because the person may not realize that their $2000 was never withdrawn, and they will get a rude surprise 2 years later, when they may be in much worse financial shape.

This is the same reason that checks expire.

Anyway, I'm not saying that applies to you (not realizing it), but that's why Stars won't go after it.

Also, they probably don't have that information, as Full Tilt probably kept terrible records (especially going that far back).

I don't think it's ethically dubious not to pay them, because Full Tilt stole everyone's money. Your "crime" was against them, not their eventual buyers two years later, and Full Tilt itself ended up being a huge scam, so you shouldn't feel guilty.

Pokerstars is not assuming the $2000 you deposited, because Full Tilt is basically broke and blew everything they had (or distributed it to their fat-cat owners). Had you actually been charged the $2000, it is likely that Full Tilt would be in identical shape as it is today (since that $2000 would have been wrongfully spent or distributed).

Load Metric
    Does both sites online, just mean that Full Tilt will run again internationally or does it mean both sites online in the US?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    Does both sites online, just mean that Full Tilt will run again internationally or does it mean both sites online in the US?
    Internationally. I can't see either Pokerstars or FTP offering online poker to the U.S. unless and until a statutory and regulatory scheme is enacted AND the UIGEA is repealed (or declared inapplicable or invalid). Even then, I don't see it happening for a long long time.

These types of questions may be better answered when and if the actual terms of a DoJ/PS agreement, if one exists, become public.

Thread Information