Thread: SMARTPHONE CASES - Anyone use Otterbox or a similar setup for their smartphone?

Platinum
    Load Metric

SMARTPHONE CASES - Anyone use Otterbox or a similar setup for their smartphone?

Just curious if anyone uses these cases and what they think of them. I am thinking about ordering one but there are several different levels and am curious if anyone had any opinions as to if one kind was better than another. I have a Samsung S4

I am past the point where im saying to the cell company - go fuck yourself with your ridiculous insurance plan that sucks balls. I have U.S. Cellular and their reception vs others is pretty much the lesser of 2 evils in my area. I wish to god I could tell these fuckers to get bent, but now im locked in a 2 year share plan with my wife...and its 350 per fucking line if i want to cancel!

And their insurance that they peddle is a joke...I haven't checked their rates lately but the last time I checked it was like 9 or 10 bucks a month or some shit, and then the deductible was like 275 fucking dollars - which would cover any breakage or theft in the past. Now I am hearing that they don't even cover all breakage anymore and give customers a super hard time with the rest of it. What the fuck is the point of insurance...if you aren't going to insure!

So now im at the point where I just want to protect the phone as best as I can, because frankly im not ready to be forced to buy another phone from them for $500.

Load Metric
    I have a clear plastic sheet for the front of my phone. I always thought cases were for chicks.

Comments

simpdog: fully agree. and you buy a new cell every 2 yr anyways

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I have an otterbox and it works fine.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    I have a clear plastic sheet for the front of my phone. I always thought cases were for chicks.
    I have this bad habit of once in a while putting my phone in my back pocket...this is bad news. Only a matter of time that I do this and pull it out of my pocket and will see it cracked. I used to think cases were for chicks too, but because of them suckering you into this expensive phone bullshit and little or no insurance, its getting to the point where I have no choice but to find something to protect it as best as I can

Load Metric
    I use otter box (defender I think) on my iPhone. The case has kept my phone is great shape for about a year now. My screen is still perfect with no scratches, but mine has a built in screen protector. The Dust build up they get can be ridiculous though.

Btw, otter boxes keep the phone about 1/8 of an inch within the case. This way if you drop the phone flat on the screen the screen doesn't actually hit the floor directly.

Load Metric
    dont EVER buy a case or charger from the phone stores. $39.99 cases and $29.99 chargers?....eat a dick.

Ebay/Amazon/Five Below for everything.

My Samsung GS3 case was $3 total (included the free shipping) from China and my $3 chargers are fast as hell. Go to Five Below stores (if you have one near you) if you need stuff right away.

I have no idea how people use phones without cases. They make the phones slippery as hell so you can drop them and they can sell you a new one. My case even has groves on the sides so it stays in my hands better. I have dropped my phone maybe 3-4 times and the case protected it just fine.

Load Metric
    I have an HTC with an Otterbox I got the day I bought the phone. After close to two years now the phone looks exactly the same as when I bought it, and it's been dropped plenty. If you don't mind the bulk of it you will never break your phone.

Load Metric
    I have a "Naked Tough" case by Casemate for my IPhone 5S. It's very durable and it makes your phone look like it does not have a case.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I use a mophie juice pack. If there is a better, cheaper alternative I'm all ears.

http://www.mophie.com/shop/iphone-5/...elium-iphone-5

Load Metric
    Otterboxes are a bit bulky but I have the Samsung S4 as well. Phone has been dropped a couple of times but I took it out to clean it a couple of weeks ago and the phone looks brand new.

Definitely pick one up

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I have a rokform. It is more expensive than most but it has a magnet in the case to attach it to another magnet that you mount in your car (or any steel surface). I do a lot of driving, so this is the bomb for me. My $0.002

Load Metric
    I have always had a SPECK i phone case for my 3gs (i had unbroken for over 3years) and now basically the same one for my 5s dropped it many times on the ground never chipped or broke. also i fucking hate covers on the screen, my 3gs never had one and the screen never got badly scuffed.

check them out also get a olloclip
    http://www.speckproducts.com
    http://www.olloclip.com
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    If you were to step foot onto a commercial construction site you'd witness that every phone/pad is protected. Even the men do this.

Thread Information