Thread: Phil Jackson to become NY Knicks president, Kobe Bryant out for the season

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Phil Jackson to become NY Knicks president, Kobe Bryant out for the season

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Does anyone think they just paid Kobe again for PR only? I mean does he have that much value in LA even if he isn't playing? Because pretty much every single person said at the time it was one of the worst contracts ever handed out, and made no sense.

Same with Phil, reports are that this is all a dog and pony show to change perception about how the team is ran. He will apparently have a nice title but not much involvement from what I heard. Figurehead.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Does anyone think they just paid Kobe again for PR only? I mean does he have that much value in LA even if he isn't playing? Because pretty much every single person said at the time it was one of the worst contracts ever handed out, and made no sense.

Same with Phil, reports are that this is all a dog and pony show to change perception about how the team is ran. He will apparently have a nice title but not much involvement from what I heard. Figurehead.
    The knicks are set to have a ton of cap space in 2015 but as long as Dolan is running things (think Jerry Jones but much less knowledgeable about the sport he's involved in) they'll continue to sign aging has beens to max contracts, not play defense, and lose every game that Carmelo puts up 40+. It's really annoying that ESPN can't shut about up this team even though they've been completely irrelevant since Ewing was shitting on everyone not named Hakeem or David Robinson.

Whats going to happen in Chicago is much more intriguing imo. I'd like to see them tell melo to fuck off, sign Love, put some big boy pants on D Rose (I kid I kid) and give Lebron something bigger to worry about than winning a 15th mvp award (whofuckingcares).

Comments

son of lockman: Yeah Kobe a real deal at 24 million for 2 years. HAS BEEN HE IS.

Hockey Guy: Offsetting the idiots rep.

ftpjesus: There's noise that the Suns may make a run at Kevin Love as well so dont just assume he's going slightly south when he bails the fuck out of MN
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Phil Jackson is not a good judge of talent. Wasn't he the coaching "consultant" for the Detroit Pistons, who ended up signing Maurice Cheeks? How did that end up working out for the Pistons?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post

The knicks are set to have a ton of cap space in 2015 but as long as Dolan is running things (think Jerry Jones but much less knowledgeable about the sport he's involved in) they'll continue to sign aging has beens to max contracts, not play defense, and lose every game that Carmelo puts up 40+. It's really annoying that ESPN can't shut about up this team even though they've been completely irrelevant since Ewing was shitting on everyone not named Hakeem or David Robinson.

Whats going to happen in Chicago is much more intriguing imo. I'd like to see them tell melo to fuck off, sign Love, put some big boy pants on D Rose (I kid I kid) and give Lebron something bigger to worry about than winning a 15th mvp award (whofuckingcares).
    Melo to the Bulls is a disaster in the making. That team is d roses team and if the ball stops with him that's fine. If he gives the ball to melo the ball stops there, d rose will have none of that

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Chuckles here. Yes Kobe...What a worthless piece of sh#t.

Comments

varys: Such an idiot

Load Metric
    Phil Jackson to the Knicks smells like major fail, if only because he would be backed by James Dolan.

Isiah Thomas was a disaster and just about every move that the Knicks have made over the last five years (save getting Carmelo..maybe) has been poor.

I've never been totally sold on Phil Jackson either. Stick any half competent coach on the 90's Bulls and 00's Lakers and they win those titles and some of his stances toward the game now look foolish with the new metrics (ie. hating corner threes).

As a fan, it's better when the Knicks/Lakers are good as they're on the national games all the time. So many duds this year in primetime slots.

Comments

ftpjesus: D'Antoni is a prime example. Guy has Nash and the Globe headed Barkley and wins games.. Goes to Lakers and cant get shit done

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I'm a longtime Kobe guy. When he hurt the knee it was obvious the Lakeshow needed to go into full tank mode. Maybe they can land a guy like Andrew Wiggins in the draft who can be a star without the ball in his hands all the time and grab a free agent or two..with a healthy Kobe they will be a contender again. Is Westbrook a Free agent this year? that would be a good grab

Comments

Muck Ficon: Not going to be contenders anytime soon

ftpjesus: Odds on NBA rigging Lottery under new commish to help the Lakers 2:1

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by solo319 View Post
    I'm a longtime Kobe guy. When he hurt the knee it was obvious the Lakeshow needed to go into full tank mode. Maybe they can land a guy like Andrew Wiggins in the draft who can be a star without the ball in his hands all the time and grab a free agent or two..with a healthy Kobe they will be a contender again. Is Westbrook a Free agent this year? that would be a good grab
    Lol. With a healthy Kobe they have a chance at making the Playoffs, but that's about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    I don't think Kobe and Westbrook could function together. Westbrook lead the league in FG attempts last year. Durant is one of the few superstars with a small enough ego to deal with it but even he is at his wits end with Westbrook.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    Lol. With a healthy Kobe they have a chance at making the Playoffs, but that's about it.

I don't think we ever see a healthy Kobe again. And even a healthy Kobe is strictly a jump shooter. Dude has played more minutes than almost anyone ever has. He's like 10th all time, and the guys in front weren't drivers iirc. He's straight done. That extra 2 years was total mismanagement. When the Yankees gave it to Jeter in a similar circumstance, at least it's MLB with no salary cap. It was their money to blow without a cap. The Lakers are in for a decent stretch of sucking, which is almost impossible given location, and can only really be accomplished by mismanagement. They'll want to hang Buss Jr. in the parking lot of the Staples Center before he steps down and asks for asylum in Canada.

Phil Jackson is straight stealing the Knicks money. They are in worse shape than the Lakers, and he's going to get over $10 million to run the team by skype from a beach in LA.
    Last edited by BCR; 03-13-2014 at 04:15 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    I don't think Kobe and Westbrook could function together. Westbrook lead the league in FG attempts last year. Durant is one of the few superstars with a small enough ego to deal with it but even he is at his wits end with Westbrook.
    Why do people say stuff like this? Durants never said anything about this publicly afaik. I get where youre coming from via eye test especially on westbrooks really bad nights but it just sounds silly when you state it as fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde

Load Metric

Why do people say stuff like this? Durants never said anything about this publicly afaik. I get where youre coming from via eye test especially on westbrooks really bad nights but it just sounds silly when you state it as fact.
    I thought it was common knowledge to people who know pro basketball. Sorry if it isn't. He had a problem last year.

Load Metric
    This is nothing but leverage for a return to the Lakers front office.

Comments

ftpjesus: Setup for when Jeanne sets up a coup to run her brother out of town and hands the keys to Phil?? Maybe
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I thought it was common knowledge to people who know pro basketball. Sorry if it isn't. He had a problem last year.
    Bill Simmons seems to think Durant will end up in Houston when he becomes a free agent. I could see that.
    As far as Kobe goes, who knows really. I feel like if he would be willing to play 25-28mpg he could dominate in those minutes but I doubt he would even allow that too happen. Just sucks because he was playing so well last year.

Load Metric
    Mike D'Antoni won't be coaching the Lakers next year. Kobe made it pretty clear he is not playing for D'Antoni. We all know it's Kobe's team, and what he says goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    I have heard several sports reporter types (espn) state that Carmelo is a selfish player and other players dont enjoy playing with him. Hopefully, the Bulls will pass on him.

Load Metric

Unless Dolan can quit trying to be Jerry Jones/Dan Snyder/AL Davis nothing is going to change for the Knicks which Im sure makes the Russian Mafiaoso in Brooklyn happy as shit.
    Who thought the day would ever come when the Nets and the Clippers would supplant the Knicks and the Lakers as the superior product in their respective cities. Neither team is looking good for the long haul (subject to the NBA rigging the lottery for the Lakers to get the #1 pick this year obviously). As for the Knicks Phil doesnt need the money and he's still with Jeanne Buss so short of a big Fuck You to her brother why take the job if Dolan is still gonna be pulling the strings entirely.. Makes no sense.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    I have heard several sports reporter types (espn) state that Carmelo is a selfish player and other players dont enjoy playing with him. Hopefully, the Bulls will pass on him.

I have hears several internet forum types (donkdown) write that Carmelo is a worse player than Jeremy Lin.

Thread Information