Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: official: march madness thread.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    if uconn can play like they did the last 2 games they could go to the final four, regardless of match ups. they get sloppy and turn it over at times, but they look very impressive.

that big african is a force defensively and w/ daniels and giffey doing their thing this team is lethal.

i really liked what i saw defensively against memphis and cincy..and they have 4 players that can score double digits and all 4 can shoot, at times...., as long as they can get paint points in addition to giffey doing his thing look out.......boatwrong and napier have to be team players. they can't play the ghetto, gunner game.

kevin ollie shouldn't fuck w/ that 6 player rotation

dunno how much gas they have for louisville, or if it really matters come tourney time..but i've seen enough to anonit. this is a legit s16 team, if not more, obv depending on matchups

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Printable Bracket here:

http://i.turner.ncaa.com/dr/ncaa/nca...acket-ncaa.pdf

Anyone interested in coming on a radio show if I do one to talk about the tournament? It would be a 60 to 90 minute show at the most discussing just the tournament ( I will fire up another variety show sometime in the future closer towards opening day) ?

I'm just trying to decide if their is interest or not since for this particular subject guests are preferred?

I would lean towards doing it either prior to PFA radio on Tuesday or possibly on Wednesday but would be willing to work out a time if anyone is interested in being on. You would preferably have skype but I have a call in number that I may take calls on during the show as well. Let me know!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    awful performances again from duke and SU. duke plays absolutely no defense and syracuse couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat.

syracuse may play a zone, but they aren't really a great defensive team like some might think. and they allow way too many 3ptr's and can be eaten up inside when they do. that said, when they do make their shots, they're as good as anybody. but their offense hasn't been there for a month. thought they might of turned the corner, but nope.

i haven't seen such awfulness like that last possession in some time

both of these teams seem likely to lose early rather than late..SU might have trouble w/ manhattan,,and duke may have american or mercer, which also might present a challenge..their s16 game will present even more challenges. pitt pight be as good as any team in the acc, that is when they play their best.
    i can watch this vid 100 times ANd STILL lol

Comments

bukowski72: I like watching the fan reactions

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i don't even care what the line is. i will be betting uconn and okla st in the opening round as soon as it comes out

Load Metric
    Indiana didn't even get a NIT bid? Now they are big leaguing the CBI.

I thought that Tom Crean was a good coach, but this year jesus.

"Finances wouldn't be an issue if we thought it made sense," Glass told The Star. "But we're Indiana. We don't play in the CBI."

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...f-nit/6505707/

BLOOMINGTON The 2013-14 Indiana University men's basketball season is over.

The Hoosiers did not receive an invitation to this year's NIT, the 32-team competition one rung below its NCAA counterpart in the college basketball postseason. Indiana was passed over, though Big Ten foes Minnesota and Illinois made the field.

IU made the decision Sunday afternoon that the program would not accept a bid to the College Basketball Invitational, a tertiary postseason tournament in which host teams pay for their participation.

Indiana Director of Athletics Fred Glass confirmed that decision to The Star on Sunday night.

"Finances wouldn't be an issue if we thought it made sense," Glass told The Star. "But we're Indiana. We don't play in the CBI."

Load Metric
    Wichita State got shafted good...

I don't think they should be a #1 with that undefeated record and quite frankly as will be evidenced here in the next couple of days, they will lose. They got a really shitty draw and the committee most likely did it on purpose. The lack of quality wins in getting a#1 seed probably landed them in the nightmare region. They could have to play Kentucky very next round, who only lost yesterday to the #1 team in the tournament by 1 point. If that is not enough the very next round Louisville, arguably the best team in the country. So you can stick a fork in Wichita State folks. They got stuck the whole shaft this time, probably deservedly so too.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Good article on the bad seeding this year:

Vegas oddsmakers scathe seeding of this year’s NCAA Tournament
    By Case Keefer
    Sunday, March 16, 2014 | 10 p.m.

"Like an irate home crowd reacting to a questionable foul call at the end of a game, Las Vegas oddsmakers vocally protested the NCAA Tournament selection committee’s performance on assembling this year’s March Madness field.

Those locked into the betting market thought the 68-team bracket contained egregious errors. Most of the gripes referenced the Midwest Region where Wichita State landed the No. 1 seed.

“That’s probably the hardest bracket I’ve ever seen in my whole life,” said Ed Salmons, assistant sports book director at the LVH Superbook who oversees college basketball. “It was a comedy show to watch all the teams they stacked that Wichita State would have to beat to get to the Final Four. It was over-the-top insane.”

Four of the top 10 teams the Superbook listed in odds to win the title at the beginning of the week — Wichita State, No. 2 seed Michigan, No. 3 seed Duke and No. 4 seed Louisville — were stuffed into the region. Add No. 5 seed Saint Louis and No. 8 seed Kentucky to the mix, and Wynn Las Vegas sports book director Johnny Avello said the Midwest could have six of the top 20 power-rated teams.

Avello called the collection of power one of the biggest mistakes he had ever seen on Selection Sunday."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Although Avello qualified that it would have no effect in Las Vegas, he referred to leaving SMU out of the field as “ridiculous.” Salmons tried to wrap his head around how Massachusetts wound up as a No. 6 seed with Saint Joseph’s as a No. 10. The two schools split their regular-season meetings before Saint Joe’s won the Atlantic 10 tournament championship with UMass bowing out in the quarterfinals.

“The committee is a bunch of frauds,” Salmons said. “The way they do this thing makes no sense.”

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2014...aa-tournament/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    only the 1 seeds look safe to advance past the 1st round..lit's possible that some of the 2/3 seeds might not make it out of their first game.

syracuse has it easy for the 1st two games..so does michigan and whisky.....it's just hard to pick against them because of the teams they face, even if you don't like them

can pitt beat fla?

providing okla st gets by gonzaga, they should give ariz fits ..they will prolly only be a 5/6pt underdog as well

uconn should beat st joes,..stiffle nova's shooting w/ defense.and then face mich st...who they beat last year......

n dakota st or new mex st look like a live doggie to win 2 games

i would grab points vs whisky, SU and duke....

Load Metric
    only the 1 seeds look safe to advance past the 1st round..lit's possible that some of the 2/3 seeds might not make it out of their first game.

syracuse has it easy for the 1st two games..so does michigan and whisky.....it's just hard to pick against them because of the teams they face, even if you don't like them

can pitt beat fla?

providing okla st gets by gonzaga, they should give ariz fits ..they will prolly only be a 5/6pt underdog as well

uconn should beat st joes,..stiffle nova's shooting w/ defense.and then face mich st...who they beat last year......

Huge UConn fan here. They aren't going anywhere in this tourney

Load Metric

can pitt beat fla?

This isnt the typical WI team. Every year they are a force because they play shutdown Defense, but as soon as a team gets hot against them they lose because they cant score enough. This team can score. The D isnt as good as usual but I think the fact they can score will give them a better shot of going deep. Final 4 book it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    Indiana didn't even get a NIT bid? Now they are big leaguing the CBI.

I thought that Tom Crean was a good coach, but this year jesus.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...f-nit/6505707/

BLOOMINGTON The 2013-14 Indiana University men's basketball season is over.

The Hoosiers did not receive an invitation to this year's NIT, the 32-team competition one rung below its NCAA counterpart in the college basketball postseason. Indiana was passed over, though Big Ten foes Minnesota and Illinois made the field.

IU made the decision Sunday afternoon that the program would not accept a bid to the College Basketball Invitational, a tertiary postseason tournament in which host teams pay for their participation.

Indiana Director of Athletics Fred Glass confirmed that decision to The Star on Sunday night.

Tom Creen is a tool. Im glad He chased Luke Fischer out. He needs to be in state that kid can ball. Look for him to be a high draft pick in 3 years.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

can pitt beat fla?

This isnt the typical WI team. Every year they are a force because they play shutdown Defense, but as soon as a team gets hot against them they lose because they cant score enough. This team can score. The D isnt as good as usual but I think the fact they can score will give them a better shot of going deep. Final 4 book it.
    i seem to always pick whisky and pitt in my pools for some strange reason. both always disappoint

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

can pitt beat fla?

uconn looked like they came together in the tourney. i wouldn't discount.

Load Metric

uconn looked like they came together in the tourney. i wouldn't discount.
    I agree w/Pooh, if Villanova didn't get the wake up call last week w/Seton Hall maybe.

Lot of Coaching changes today
    Auburn Hired Bruce Pearl
    BC and Wash State both fired theirs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    nova is going down earlier instead of later..and i don't think florida will make the final 4 as well

mercer +13
    nc central +9.5 +ML
    n. mex st +7.5 +ML
    n. dakota st ML

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Printable Bracket here:

http://i.turner.ncaa.com/dr/ncaa/nca...acket-ncaa.pdf

Anyone interested in coming on a radio show if I do one to talk about the tournament? It would be a 60 to 90 minute show at the most discussing just the tournament ( I will fire up another variety show sometime in the future closer towards opening day) ?

I'm just trying to decide if their is interest or not since for this particular subject guests are preferred?

I would lean towards doing it either prior to PFA radio on Tuesday or possibly on Wednesday but would be willing to work out a time if anyone is interested in being on. You would preferably have skype but I have a call in number that I may take calls on during the show as well. Let me know!
    If you are still wanting to do this I would be around. Huge college hoops fan and would def listen.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i think ucla is coming out of the south. ucla reminds me of last years michigan team...kansas plays little defense and w/ be w.o their big guy, and fla plays in crap conference and is very undervalued, and whiile syracuse has a perceived easy path to the the sweet 16, they plays shit defense, can't shoot and look tired

ucla will be picked in my big $$$ pool to go to the final 4...

Load Metric
    I just did my bracket with a 1,4,4,9 going to final four. Obviously I have no chance.

Comments

garrett: Florida, Louisville, Michigan State, Oklahoma State rep =)

Load Metric
    i think ucla is coming out of the south. ucla reminds me of last years michigan team...kansas plays little defense and w/ be w.o their big guy, and fla plays in crap conference and is very undervalued, and whiile syracuse has a perceived easy path to the the sweet 16, they plays shit defense, can't shoot and look tired

ucla will be picked in my big $$$ pool to go to the final 4...
    They lack the depth. As good as Adams and Anderson are, Wears are meh and the Guards are too young yet. Next year, UCLA could go all the way if Anderson and Adams stick around.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I just did my bracket with a 1,4,4,9 going to final four. Obviously I have no chance.
    9 seed being? okla st..that's bold but not impossible. they or baylor could make it and it would not be that shocking...i mean, c'mon..creighton or whisky as a 2/3......lol..white boy basketball at it's best.

Thread Information