Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lock Poker giving up, returning to the scene as "Superwins"?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Lock Poker giving up, returning to the scene as "Superwins"?

A new poker site has sprung up, known as "Superwins".

http://www.superwins.eu

Here is an image from the site:

This definitely has the look-and-feel of Lock Poker's graphics and layout, especially Jen Larson's apparent obsession with Rat Pack type imagery.

The "Play Now" button also looks similar to something I've seen on Lock's site.

Also, both sites are registered through French registrar Gandi.net.

There is no information as to who or what is behind Superwins. However, pokernewsboy.com is already acting as an affiliate:

http://pokernewsboy.com/superwins

Pokernewsboy either belongs to PFA user Steve-O (Steve Ruddock), or he is very close to the ownership, as he has written most of the articles on the site.

Steve, can you shed some light on this?

Also, doesn't it bother you that Lock is still advertised on pokernewsboy?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    From a 2+2 poster, who chatted with Superwins support agent "Quinn":

You are now chatting with 'Quinn'

Quinn
    Hello and welcome to our Live Chat service. How can I help you?

you
    Hey

you
    My email is xxxxxxx@xxxxx.com Was wondering if Locks new gambling site http://www.superwins.eu/ was going to help speed up my withdrawal?

Quinn
    This site is not related to Lock but is on the same global platform as us.

Quinn
    We have implemented our own solutions to speed up processing times. I do see that your check is in the final stages of processing and you should be receiving a confirmation email that this has been sent very soon.

Quinn
    Our apologies again for the delay on this.

you
    How about giving me something free to ease my pain?

Quinn
    I'm afraid that I'm unable to add a bonus to your account at this time but I will ask my Cashier Manager to credit you with a $109 ticket. Please expect this to be in your account shortly.

you
    Cool thanks.
    So they claim to be on the "same global platform as Lock" (wait, I thought Lock was on its own network?), yet somehow Quinn still has visibility into this person's Lock check request.

They are also somehow willing to give a free $109 tournament ticket to someone who had problems at Lock, even though Lock supposedly has nothing to do with them.

Right.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    From a 2+2 poster, who chatted with Superwins support agent "Quinn":

You are now chatting with 'Quinn'

Quinn
    Hello and welcome to our Live Chat service. How can I help you?

you
    Hey

you
    My email is xxxxxxx@xxxxx.com Was wondering if Locks new gambling site http://www.superwins.eu/ was going to help speed up my withdrawal?

Quinn
    This site is not related to Lock but is on the same global platform as us.

Quinn
    We have implemented our own solutions to speed up processing times. I do see that your check is in the final stages of processing and you should be receiving a confirmation email that this has been sent very soon.

Quinn
    Our apologies again for the delay on this.

you
    How about giving me something free to ease my pain?

Quinn
    I'm afraid that I'm unable to add a bonus to your account at this time but I will ask my Cashier Manager to credit you with a $109 ticket. Please expect this to be in your account shortly.

you
    Cool thanks.
    So they claim to be on the "same global platform as Lock" (wait, I thought Lock was on its own network?), yet somehow Quinn still has visibility into this person's Lock check request.

They are also somehow willing to give a free $109 tournament ticket to someone who had problems at Lock, even though Lock supposedly has nothing to do with them.

Right.
    Correction. I was talking to Quinn at Lock, not SuperWins.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Steve-O writes for a ton of different media outlets, mine included. However, I know for a fact he definitely doesn't own PokerNewsBoy.com. The person that does has posted on this site in the past I think though...

John Mehaffey wrote a small piece about Superwins.eu tonight over at 4Flush and it's been confirmed at 2+2 that its owned by Lock Poker, but registered under a parent company I believe:

http://www.4flush.com/online-poker-n...ker-skin/16572
    >> iGaming News, Legislation Updates and Poker Site Reviews @ PokerLaws.org

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The PINO View Post
    Steve-O writes for a ton of different media outlets, mine included. However, I know for a fact he definitely doesn't own PokerNewsBoy.com. The person that does has posted on this site in the past I think though...

John Mehaffey wrote a small piece about Superwins.eu tonight over at 4Flush and it's been confirmed at 2+2 that its owned by Lock Poker, but registered under a parent company I believe:

Yes, the owner has been mentioned on this site before. I had forgotten about that until tonight when someone reminded me in the radio chat room.

Still, Steve's name is all over both PokerNewsBoy.com and pokerforums.org, to the point where many think he might be part-owner. I would think he would want to completely disassociate with them at this point.

Poker Investigative Journalist
    Load Metric
    With an acknowledgment that Steve probably has little say over the sites that his boss(es) does or do business with, I can say with some certainty that this is shameful, and Lock and its most loyal affiliate supporters are going to be put on full blast in the coming days. Congratulations, Gerry Polterak, you're out Sebok-ing Sebok at the moment. You could have at least a little bit of moral responsibility toward the players you claim to be a news site for, but no....

Comments

Prodigal son: Easy shot but thanks for taking it

Load Metric
    No, I don't own any percentage of or have any type of revenue sharing with PNB of any kind. So, could you please delete my real name your original post, or at least clarify that it is the latter and not the former that is true? (close to ownership of PNB is 100% accurate)

I did write a majority of the content in the past, but you'll notice the site is no longer active on content, the last article I posted there was in December I believe --I had no idea the site was going to start being an affiliate for a new lock skin.

I do post some content on PokerForums.org to this day -- I generally overlook the Lock stuff on PokerForums.org because he is open about being the affiliate manager there AND more importantly, he doesn't delete anti-lock posts in the forum, hotshot, hockeyguy and other shared posters can attest to this. I also believe, but cannot be certain, that he removed Lock Poker from the banner ad rotation and the only link is the small sidebar.

I will probably talk to him in the coming days about this and will once again make it plain where Lock stands with the poker community and with myself. I know the direction PFO is moving and it's not towards Lock Poker that's for sure. My hope is that there will be zero Lock Poker anything in the near future.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gerry is a good friend of mine and has always been very honest and open about his Lock ties --he is the affiliate manager and my understanding is he has a role similar to Shane. Quite frankly I've been very brunt that he should sever ties with Lock for a long time now, but he seems to want to give it more time, which is a shame because it seems that his insistence that the site can be salvaged is going to hurt his otherwise perfect reputation.

I've known Gerry for over 5 years now and can honestly say that he is not complicit with anything shady occurring at Lock Poker, and he truly believes what he says about the site. Anyone who has ever had dealings with Gerry, including ThePino and other vocal critics of Lock, have nothing but positive things to say about him. Unfortunately I don't think he understands the severity of his current decision to not take the last lifeboat leaving the Titanic.

Comments

Prodigal son: Your rep is being hurt and your good friend obv is a scumbag. Poker content site wants to give more time. Fuck off

garrett: Long awaited neg rep, I knew the time would come with you, if I was just patient enough.
    Last edited by Steve-O; 03-12-2014 at 09:31 AM.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    I just checked, and he has deactivated the Lock Poker banner from the carousel on PokerForums.org, as he said he would.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The PINO View Post

Yes, the owner has been mentioned on this site before. I had forgotten about that until tonight when someone reminded me in the radio chat room.

Still, Steve's name is all over both PokerNewsBoy.com and pokerforums.org, to the point where many think he might be part-owner. I would think he would want to completely disassociate with them at this point.
    I would think he would want to completely disassociate with them at this point.

I guess not. Gerry will keep the link but drop the banner.

That doesn't outrage you Steve ? The answer is no. Disgusting. Have some fucking honor.

The next kid who clicks on that affiliate link (even if it is just one) makes all of you accessories to theft.

Steve O your lack of public rage makes you a party to this mess.

Have a snap epiphany and show some fucking moral outrage or just quit. There is no middle ground kid.

Comments

haleylh: So many people lack objectivity regarding their friends' activities. I'm thinking DNegs' weird blind spot for eDog.

Load Metric
    Steve,

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    I just checked, and he has deactivated the Lock Poker banner from the carousel on PokerForums.org, as he said he would.
    This means nothing. If anything, it's an indication that Larsen & Co. plan to transition away from the Lock brand, while still continuing to attempt to rake in new deposits.

Go read that "9 of 10 stars" review of Superwins on Poker News Boy. I say this with some surety, having written a whole bunch of site reviews myself: I've never read a more patently dishonest review. It is several paragraphs of someone making up piles of crap they think will sound good to potential depositors. Nothing more and nothing less than that.

I went and checked some Whois stuff today. The new site and domains were created before New Years. So this has been in the works for three months, while they've been stalling their jilted Lock players with excuses and no payouts.

Comments

Prodigal son: Steve O will come around. Friends can fuck you up. Is 9 of 10 a default wait and see rating? Not even a case of ignorance or apathy just accessory

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Gerry is a good friend of mine and has always been very honest and open about his Lock ties --he is the affiliate manager and my understanding is he has a role similar to Shane. Quite frankly I've been very brunt that he should sever ties with Lock for a long time now, but he seems to want to give it more time, which is a shame because it seems that his insistence that the site can be salvaged is going to hurt his otherwise perfect reputation.

I've known Gerry for over 5 years now and can honestly say that he is not complicit with anything shady occurring at Lock Poker, and he truly believes what he says about the site. Anyone who has ever had dealings with Gerry, including ThePino and other vocal critics of Lock, have nothing but positive things to say about him. Unfortunately I don't think he understands the severity of his current decision to not take the last lifeboat leaving the Titanic.
    What else does he need to see in regards to Lock? Is he really that clueless?? The answer is no, but he's whoring himself out for a few bucks (assuming they are still paying him) not giving a damn about his reputation or the people he misleads.

LOL AT ANYONE WHO STILL SAYS "I WANT TO GIVE LOCK MORE TIME".

From pros who continued to stick around to anyone else working for or promoting lock the ship has sailed away a long time ago.

Lock is trying anything they can to get new deposits. They know "Lock" as a name itself is long destroyed so they are bringing out skins in hopes to trick people into depositing. Even though I want to see people with Lock money in limbo to get paid I hate for it to be at the expense of newbie signups who don't know what they are getting themselves into.

Comments

haleylh: Lock name is indeed now equivalent to sheet

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by haleylh View Post
    Steve,

This means nothing. If anything, it's an indication that Larsen & Co. plan to transition away from the Lock brand, while still continuing to attempt to rake in new deposits.

Go read that "9 of 10 stars" review of Superwins on Poker News Boy. I say this with some surety, having written a whole bunch of site reviews myself: I've never read a more patently dishonest review. It is several paragraphs of someone making up piles of crap they think will sound good to potential depositors. Nothing more and nothing less than that.

I went and checked some Whois stuff today. The new site and domains were created before New Years. So this has been in the works for three months, while they've been stalling their jilted Lock players with excuses and no payouts.
    Just to be clear, I am speaking of PokerForums.org and not PokerNewsBoy.com. I no longer have any affiliation with PNB (my last post was in December), and PFO does not have a SuperWins banner. If one goes up and/or Lock continues to be promoted and not phased out I will disassociate from that site as well.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

What else does he need to see in regards to Lock? Is he really that clueless?? The answer is no, but he's whoring himself out for a few bucks (assuming they are still paying him) not giving a damn about his reputation or the people he misleads.

From pros who continued to stick around to anyone else working for or promoting lock the ship has sailed away a long time ago.

Lock is trying anything they can to get new deposits. They know "Lock" as a name itself is long destroyed so they are bringing out skins in hopes to trick people into depositing. Even though I want to see people with Lock money in limbo to get paid I hate for it to be at the expense of newbie signups who don't know what they are getting themselves into.
    I have said as much to him, and I will not defend his decision to stay on with Lock, that is his bed and he will have to lay in it.

At the same time I am still friends with him; it' not a zero sum game

Load Metric

All solid points. If Larson and Co. had a rat's ass worth of ethics, they'd have sold all or part of Lock long ago in exchange for an infusion of cash with which to pay players. Instead they go on week-long corporate retreats in Portugal.

Load Metric
    [QUOTE=Steve-O;233263]

... that is his bed and he will have to lay in it.
    Ummm, lie. Unless eggs are involved. ;-)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal son View Post

That doesn't outrage you Steve ? The answer is no. Disgusting. Have some fucking honor.

The next kid who clicks on that affiliate link (even if it is just one) makes all of you accessories to theft.

Have a snap epiphany and show some fucking moral outrage or just quit. There is no middle ground kid.
    Exactly how do I disassociate? Remove my name from articles that were written for 4 years to 3 months ago? Pretend I didn't write for the site? Druff wore a UB hat once, is he tarnished?

I explained what will happen at PFO if superwins appears and/or the phasing out of Lock does not continue:

I no longer have any affiliation with PNB (my last post was in December), and PFO does not have a SuperWins banner. If one goes up and/or Lock continues to be promoted and not phased out I will disassociate from that site as well.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by haleylh View Post

Ummm, lie. Unless eggs are involved. ;-)
    Lie lye, Lay Laid, Laying, Lying... knew I should have said sleep!

Bronze
    Load Metric

Exactly how do I disassociate? Remove my name from articles that were written for 4 years to 3 months ago? Pretend I didn't write for the site? Druff wore a UB hat once, is he tarnished?

I explained what will happen at PFO if superwins appears and/or the phasing out of Lock does not continue:

I no longer have any affiliation with PNB (my last post was in December), and PFO does not have a SuperWins banner. If one goes up and/or Lock continues to be promoted and not phased out I will disassociate from that site as well.
    Oh, oh, oh. Pick me! Pick me!

This is easy. Slam SuperWins & Lock together, as well as, anyone associated with them.

Your previous association with PNB links you to this fraud. Your name has surfaced relative to SuperWins. How this shit works, kid.

You are coming across all fuzzy and vague. Maybe that's just a matter of style.

Comments

Deal: wrong tree

Load Metric

Oh, oh, oh. Pick me! Pick me!

This is easy. Slam SuperWins & Lock together, as well as, anyone associated with them.

Your previous association with PNB links you to this fraud. Your name has surfaced relative to SuperWins. How this shit works, kid.

You are coming across all fuzzy and vague. Maybe that's just a matter of style.
    How has my name surfaced with Superwins? ConsideringI have never even heard of Superwins before today

The only person who has connected me (falsely) as owning PNB, which if true would make me somewhat complicit with Superwins is Druff, who:

• Already knows this is not the case as I've pointed it out to him before, but may have forgotten,
    • However, he has interacted with the actual owner of PNB
    • And of course he has my e-mail, Twitter, or could DM me here to ask

I have already slammed Lock Poker. Yes, my name is on PokerNewsBoy as having written articles --the last one 3 months ago. if that makes me complicit than anyone who has ever written for Cardplayer Magazine is also complicit.

I DON'T OWN PNB. I HAVEN'T WRITTEN A WORD FOR THE SITE IN 3 MONTHS. GET IT NOW???

It's comical to me that you think I am somehow complicit with this Superwins site, with Lock Poker, or with something scandalous in general.

Bronze
    Load Metric

What's it take to get you fired up? This is serious shit. I always thought YOU were the boy in PNB. Can you blame me or Druff or anyone else?

You still gotta give PNB a big 'ol "you guys are crooks". Cause they are. You still haven't done that.

Senator McCarthy: witness is excused

Comments

ftpjesus: Still barking up wrong tree.. Steve-O cant be blamed for shit that goes on after he leaves. Its as lame as blaming Bush for Obama wanting to bomb Libya

Thread Information