Thread: Good online storage suggestions?

Platinum
    Load Metric

Good online storage suggestions?

I never for some reason liked this idea in the past, so I never really dug into what good sites for low cost/free that are out there.

Lately I have been warming up to it a bit as a third source for backing up my priceless family pictures,videos etc. Im thinking in the case there is a fire/catastrophe etc that destroys my regular and backup drive.

i recently put dropbox on my phone/computer. they give you some space for free, but if you want more free you have to jump through hoops that I am not about to do. The alternative is to pay them something like $10 per month which im not exactly keen on doing to store a bunch of fucking memory...especially if there are better options out there.

Any suggestions?

Load Metric
    google drive or dropbox.

with dropbox, you can also pay some people on www.fiverr.com $5 to give "referrals" which will get you another 16GB of storage. So for a total of $5, I have around 18GB of storage space.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    I never for some reason liked this idea in the past, so I never really dug into what good sites for low cost/free that are out there.

Lately I have been warming up to it a bit as a third source for backing up my priceless family pictures,videos etc. Im thinking in the case there is a fire/catastrophe etc that destroys my regular and backup drive.

i recently put dropbox on my phone/computer. they give you some space for free, but if you want more free you have to jump through hoops that I am not about to do. The alternative is to pay them something like $10 per month which im not exactly keen on doing to store a bunch of fucking memory...especially if there are better options out there.

Any suggestions?
    Well for someone who describes these things as "priceless" it appears there actually is a price. Try just an additional external hard drive, back them up there In addition to Dropbox, carbonite or other such places

Comments

Gordman: either way ty for taking time to make a suggestion for me

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You just need one of these (or similar):

and one of these:

Comments

Gordman: ty for suggestion

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lvpkr1009 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

Any suggestions?
    Well for someone who describes these things as "priceless" it appears there actually is a price. Try just an additional external hard drive, back them up there In addition to Dropbox, carbonite or other such places
    I actually agree.

Not sure when you highlighted my "priceless" sentence if you understood where im coming from. Of COURSE there is ultimately a "price" for keeping pictures of my family etc. I understand this. The question is what is the going rate? I do have an external hard drive etc etc. I was thinking about something that is totally off site; that way God forbid if there is ever a disaster or anything, there will be a remote fallback. Naturally, like many other categories, there are sites offering promotions to have access to more of their services- I have no problem with this business model, that is the nature of business. If that is what I have to go through and/or I have to pay to have the service, then so be it! I believe it or not have no problem paying for goods or services if that is the going rate, but I, like a lot of people like to check first for the types/pricing of the services offered. if there is some site out there that is crushing the competition one way or another, I would like to know about it, and im sure anyone else in the market would as well!

Cheers

Load Metric
    you could use multiple free storage sites to back stuff up like box.com or surdoc, on top of an external or dropbox

Comments

Gordman: Thanks for the info

Thread Information