Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Investing in Jordan/Kobe/Lebron Sneakers

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Investing in Jordan/Kobe/Lebron Sneakers

So my gf son has been buying some of these Jordan "retro" sneakers for the past year and I have started to do some reading on some of this shit.

More or less all of the Jordan releases a pair of shoes every year. They started in like 1984 or 1985 or whatever. Now recently they started releasing all the different years in new color schemes like twice a month.

But here is the kicker that makes some of them "rare". They release online @ 8 AM eastern online and nike.com is a logjam. If you dont have what you want in your cart within 5-10 minutes they will sell out and sometimes u cant even get them in your cart @ 8:01. Not all Foot lockers and "sneaker" stores get these either. And if they do they usually get one in each size and sometimes not every size. Sometimes throughout the year they will restock the shelves but not a lot and they dont dump a ton more out there when they do.

So I was in need of a pair of sneakers so for a test I ordered myself a pair of these a couple months ago.

Ive maybe worn them twice but I liked the colors and as long as I keep them clean/keep the box etc.. they can be resold as long as I don't beat on them.

So today we were @ the mall and while my gf son was trading in all his xbox stuff for an Xbox1 I took a walk over to foot locker. I asked if they had any Jordan 3s that were released this morning and they told me no. I looked on their display and I saw Kobe 9 Elites which were released today. I read these were going to be semi/rare and a lot of sneaker heads would want them so I said fuck it and bought a pair for $225 in a size 10 cause I figure that is a somewhat common size.

As long as these dont touch anyones feet and they sit in the box (deadstock in sneaker world) they are valuable in the shoe world. On Ebay right now cheapest buy it now I see is $300 and they go as high as $500. I should have bought the last 3 pairs they had but I am going to do this as a trial. Maybe Ill sell them but maybe I'll prob stash them away and see how high they sell for. Some shoes can sell up to $5000 if there is enough demand etc...

Comments

Henry: not the right shoe

Load Metric
    i know collecting sneakers is huge these days but i dont know anything about it.

however i do have alot of experience with other collectables on ebay. to get a good gauge of true value click the completed listing box on ebay to see what they have actually sold for (sold items listed in green). anyone can list them for buy it now $500 but doesnt mean thats what they are worth.

Load Metric
    The sneakers you bought are the Kobe 9 "Perspective". Apparently the color scheme was inspired by Picasso's blue period. Picasso is probably rolling in his grave at the thought of his work serving as inspiration for sneakers. Anyways, I play basketball and my last pair of shoes were the kobe 6's and they were amazing. I kept really good care of them and only played indoor ball. I've been looking for a pair of kobe 9's but their sold out on Nike.com and at footlocker.

I'll take the shoes off your hand for 135 bucks china final offer
    Last edited by Krypt; 03-08-2014 at 08:40 PM.

Load Metric

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Is this bitcoins for negroes?
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    Paul george raw dogs strippers

And those ain't Kobe elites

Hope you saved the reciept doe

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Paul george raw dogs strippers

And those ain't Kobe elites

Hope you saved the reciept doe
    http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/

Says Kobe Elite "perspective" right under the picture.

Comments

Henry:

Load Metric
    Yeah, you're right

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric

SOLD OUT BITCHES

Comments

chinamaniac: obv

Load Metric
    China can you please give us a performance review after using them on the court.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    China can you please give us a performance review after using them on the court.

Haha I would IF they were a 14.

The shoes I currently wear for hoops are Nike "monarchs" because they come in 4e and I have wide feet. They only cost about $50 too. I lit up my mens league in those last year but I was certainly HURTING after every game.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post

Haha I would IF they were a 14.

The shoes I currently wear for hoops are Nike "monarchs" because they come in 4e and I have wide feet. They only cost about $50 too. I lit up my mens league in those last year but I was certainly HURTING after every game.
    I don't have wide feet, but my dad does and he really loves to play in the Nike Hyperdunks and says their the most comfortable shoes he's played in.

Comments

bukowski72: In high school I played in Nike's because they were the coolest looking although they were way too narrow.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    So my gf son has been buying some of these Jordan "retro" sneakers for the past year and I have started to do some reading on some of this shit.

More or less all of the Jordan releases a pair of shoes every year. They started in like 1984 or 1985 or whatever. Now recently they started releasing all the different years in new color schemes like twice a month.

But here is the kicker that makes some of them "rare". They release online @ 8 AM eastern online and nike.com is a logjam. If you dont have what you want in your cart within 5-10 minutes they will sell out and sometimes u cant even get them in your cart @ 8:01. Not all Foot lockers and "sneaker" stores get these either. And if they do they usually get one in each size and sometimes not every size. Sometimes throughout the year they will restock the shelves but not a lot and they dont dump a ton more out there when they do.

So I was in need of a pair of sneakers so for a test I ordered myself a pair of these a couple months ago.

Ive maybe worn them twice but I liked the colors and as long as I keep them clean/keep the box etc.. they can be resold as long as I don't beat on them.

So today we were @ the mall and while my gf son was trading in all his xbox stuff for an Xbox1 I took a walk over to foot locker. I asked if they had any Jordan 3s that were released this morning and they told me no. I looked on their display and I saw Kobe 9 Elites which were released today. I read these were going to be semi/rare and a lot of sneaker heads would want them so I said fuck it and bought a pair for $225 in a size 10 cause I figure that is a somewhat common size.

As long as these dont touch anyones feet and they sit in the box (deadstock in sneaker world) they are valuable in the shoe world. On Ebay right now cheapest buy it now I see is $300 and they go as high as $500. I should have bought the last 3 pairs they had but I am going to do this as a trial. Maybe Ill sell them but maybe I'll prob stash them away and see how high they sell for. Some shoes can sell up to $5000 if there is enough demand etc...

So that's a size ten in baby right? Or can you really palm a watermelon?

Load Metric
    Collectibles can fluctuate in value in a short period of time and are very prone to bubbles --beanie babies are the obvious example, but even vintage toys, trading cards, autographs, and memorabilia markets from once hot eras have dropped off a cliff (with some exceptions).

A lot of it has to do with people who now have disposable income wanting to recapture some aspect of their youth. So late 70's/early 80's toys and 80's/early 90's sports heroes are what is hot now. There isn't a high demand for Battlestar Gallactica lunchboxes and Bob Cousy autographs outside of serious collectors.

I wouldn't buy these to make money unless you are flipping them right away, like a baseball card it has no intrinsic value.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    "Investing" in shoes lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Maybe if you had some Yeezy's man. Most of the money made in shoes today is in the resell value of limited shoes. Most Jordan's sell out online within minutes. Most of these resellers have bot programs that automatically purchase the shoe you want in seconds which leaves the average consumer shit out of luck. Then they sell the 150.00 shoes for 280.00 on ebay because people will pay for them. A pair of Yeezy's cost 245 retail and are going for 4000-5000 on ebay. Your powder blue Jordan's aren't that high in demand as it wasn't an original color way. This years, tho, they are releasing a lot of the Jordan 11's which are some of the most sought after Jordan's. If you were able to get your hands on those you could def make some cash.

Also, don't bother with the Kobe's or Lebron's.
    Last edited by RichardBrodiesCombover.; 03-09-2014 at 08:38 AM.

Load Metric
    Unless theyrejordans dont bother. Only true name that will hold value. Ai. Barkleys. Lots of shoes that were the shit and expensive at the time. Only jordans have gone up
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    There is probably some money to be made in this but the best way to do it would be to flip and get the quick 50%.

The best way to "invest" in sneakers or baseball cards or anything else collectable is actually have an interest in what you are collecting. This way if the market crashes at least you have something you actually like.

I like to collect Gold/Silver coins. No matter what happens I have the intrinsic value of the metal as a backstop to the price and wont be left with a case of 1998 Topps cardboard.

Comments

JUSTIFIEDhomicide: 1990 Leaf cardboard rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Sneakers can always be worn so they will always have some value. Baseball cards/ beanie babies etc.... cant be worn. Sure sneakers can become less rare if a shitload are made but thats why if I buy I am going to target tougher releases. I'm not starting a big business here but may stash a few pairs to the side. If worst comes to worst I can always sell them for what I paid for them. Sure there is a chance they could go down in value but I dont think the ones I select to re-sell will go down in value.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Lots of money in sneakers due to the rarity of some pairs and the people who desperately want them.

I did see this episode of pawn stars where this dude wants $1 million for his collection. Video quality is shitty but oh well.

Thread Information