Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Malaysia Airlines plane gone AWOL

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I was using that tomnod thing yesterday and I could almost swear that the pic they are showing on tv is one of the pics I was looking at. i am sitting here aggravated because im trying to bring it back up but I think the site is swamped or down. Someone on another site had previously posted the link so i took a look. curious where the tomnod pics were focused from but it doesn't give coordinates or anything....just map numbers. that system is kind of neat, but I wish they would provide coordinates for the public, so people can have some type of reference point of what they are looking at

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Something on that email doesn't ring true.

The GPS coords are given as N08º 22' 30.23" E108º 42' 22.26" and it mentions "off Vung Tau"

You can see this location on google maps:

Name:  12-03-2014 21-47-39.png
Views: 607
Size:  905.6 KB

However if you google the location of the "Songa Mercur" it is drilling in the Ca Ngu-1 exploration well in Block 120 offshore central Vietnam. From this map you can see this is in a very different location to the GPS coords, much further North and not even close to Vung Tau.

Name:  Eni-Inks-Agreement-for-Two-Exploration-Blocks-Offshore-Vietnam.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  47.6 KB

Comments

NaturalBornHustler: GPS maritime coordinates rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I don't watch CNN very much at all, but just had it on for the past hour while I was doing shit.

Jesus can these stupid fuckers play the hell out of a news story any more? FUCK.... I'm waiting for them to start interviewing dolphins in the area or something.

I think their new tagline should be something along the lines of: "Tune in to CNN, we will give you the latest breaking news...and we will BEAT THE EVER-LOVING SHIT OUT OF IT for you until you are blue in the face, go into convulsions and have seizures."

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    I don't watch CNN very much at all, but just had it on for the past hour while I was doing shit.

Jesus can these stupid fuckers play the hell out of a news story any more? FUCK.... I'm waiting for them to start interviewing dolphins in the area or something.

I think their new tagline should be something along the lines of: "Tune in to CNN, we will give you the latest breaking news...and we will BEAT THE EVER-LOVING SHIT OUT OF IT for you until you are blue in the face, go into convulsions and have seizures."
    LOL I have had CNN on for the past few days, they are crushing the others on this story. The other 2 are usually focusing on politics for the large part of the day, CNN has been all in on this crash from jump street.

Load Metric

Comments

sonatine: anything having to do with gary numan reps

Load Metric
    Missing Airplane Flew On For Hours

http://online.wsj.com/news/article_e...MDEwMzExNDMyWj

...the plane flew for a total of five hours, based on data automatically downloaded and sent to the ground from Boeing 777's engines as part of a routine maintenance and monitoring program.
    U.S. counterterrorism officials are pursuing the possibility that a pilot or someone else on board the plane may have diverted it toward an undisclosed location after intentionally turning off the jetliner's transponders to avoid radar detection.
    ...investigators are actively pursuing the notion that the plane was diverted "with the intention of using it for another purpose".
    A total flight time of five hours after departing Kuala Lumpur means the Boeing 777 could have continued for an additional distance of about 2,200 nautical miles, reaching points as far as the Indian Ocean, the border of Pakistan or even the Arabian Sea.

Load Metric
    If any of the location information is remotely correct, my thoughts go to Kim Jung Un wanting a new luxury jet that nobody would sell to him so he snatched it. Or because he doesn't have a viable long range missile to deliver his very viable thermonuclear device. :tinfoilhat

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Something on that email doesn't ring true.

The GPS coords are given as N08º 22' 30.23" E108º 42' 22.26" and it mentions "off Vung Tau"

You can see this location on google maps:

Name:  12-03-2014 21-47-39.png
Views: 607
Size:  905.6 KB

However if you google the location of the "Songa Mercur" it is drilling in the Ca Ngu-1 exploration well in Block 120 offshore central Vietnam. From this map you can see this is in a very different location to the GPS coords, much further North and not even close to Vung Tau.

Name:  Eni-Inks-Agreement-for-Two-Exploration-Blocks-Offshore-Vietnam.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  47.6 KB
    Reminds me of my time over in that hellhole. Me and Charlie, we were eyeball to eyeball. That's fuckin combat. The man in the black pajamas, a worthy fuckin adversary.

Comments

DirtyB: Nice

nunbeater: I could feel myself getting weaker by the day rep

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Reminds me of my time over in that hellhole. Me and Charlie, we were eyeball to eyeball. That's fuckin combat. The man in the black pajamas, a worthy fuckin adversary.
    immediately thought of this

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    At this point, I would be very surprised if it wasn't either a hijacking or some weird attempt by the pilots to intentionally fly off course and disappear.

Not sure if everyone is alive or dead, but it is looking likely that the transponder going off was intentional, and that the plane was likely consciously flown to a different location.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    At this point, I would be very surprised if it wasn't either a hijacking or some weird attempt by the pilots to intentionally fly off course and disappear.

Not sure if everyone is alive or dead, but it is looking likely that the transponder going off was intentional, and that the plane was likely consciously flown to a different location.
    Yeah the transponder being turned off intentionally takes out the decompression theory, or pretty much any other mechanical one if it kept flying for hours on end.

I said days ago that only thing that made sense was cockpit breach and then who knows after that. Probably crashed somewhere, because I am not buying that a 777 was just able to fly around and land somewhere remote enough to not find it, or that the terrorists that took over the plane had the ability to even land the thing.

No manual/simulator is going to teach you how to land a 777. There is no way some clown ass terrorist could pull that off without crashing. GTFOH.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Name:  langoliers_hungry.gif
Views: 360
Size:  495.9 KB

Load Metric
    Man I just wish more people were regurgitating half baked DrudgeReport article headlines in this thread. Its so hard to take seriously otherwise,.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

Yeah the transponder being turned off intentionally takes out the decompression theory, or pretty much any other mechanical one if it kept flying for hours on end.

I said days ago that only thing that made sense was cockpit breach and then who knows after that. Probably crashed somewhere, because I am not buying that a 777 was just able to fly around and land somewhere remote enough to not find it, or that the terrorists that took over the plane had the ability to even land the thing.

No manual/simulator is going to teach you how to land a 777. There is no way some clown ass terrorist could pull that off without crashing. GTFOH.
    Possible that one of the pilots was still alive to do this?
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

After the crash in San Fran there was a lot of coverage on how pilots land large jets. They practically land themselves now so it's probably not as difficult as some might think. Also, yeah, you would think that there is a very large possibility that at least one pilot was left alive to land this thing if it was in fact hijacked.

This scenario is becoming more and more realistic as the days go by. I saw on CNN this morning that the reports that it flew for another 5 hours are accurate, so obv without question there were some major shenanigans going on. I think at this point saying this wasn't terrorist related would be the long shot scenario.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

After the crash in San Fran there was a lot of coverage on how pilots land large jets. They practically land themselves now so it's probably not as difficult as some might think. Also, yeah, you would think that there is a very large possibility that at least one pilot was left alive to land this thing if it was in fact hijacked.

This scenario is becoming more and more realistic as the days go by. I saw on CNN this morning that the reports that it flew for another 5 hours are accurate, so obv without question there were some major shenanigans going on. I think at this point saying this wasn't terrorist related would be the long shot scenario.
    The pilot being forced to do the landing is something that didn't cross my mind but yeah that would be plausible.

But you still have to get around the fact that it had to go somewhere that had enough flat long ground to land, and then after that deserted enough to not find it.

Still think all that is long shot, and this thing is crashed somewhere.

It would be totally fucking awesome though if these people were still alive in the mountains of Pakistan or something and we are about to get a call from the towel heads saying we have your people. Oh shit would that be ridiculous.

Load Metric

I haven't listened to any of the reports. I have read a couple threads on it. There is 2+2 poster that is a pilot and he posts in OOT, W0X0F, and if you read his AMA he describes the chances of somebody landing a large passenger jet and basically puts it at 0.0.

I don't believe they know for sure the plane flew on anther course for hours. If they really knew that to be true then by using whatever source that is they would know where the fucking plane is. I believe the simplest explanation, that the plane had a catastrophic failure and flew into the ocean. The failure may or may not be terrorist/hijacking related.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post

I haven't listened to any of the reports. I have read a couple threads on it. There is 2+2 poster that is a pilot and he posts in OOT, W0X0F, and if you read his AMA he describes the chances of somebody landing a large passenger jet and basically puts it at 0.0.

I don't believe they know for sure the plane flew on anther course for hours. If they really knew that to be true then by using whatever source that is they would know where the fucking plane is. I believe the simplest explanation, that the plane had a catastrophic failure and flew into the ocean. The failure may or may not be terrorist/hijacking related.
    The way they knew it flew on for another 5 hours is because of a transmitter in the engines for data collection. It continued to send out data for another 5 hours after the plane disappeared from radar. It would not have continued to send out engine data if the plane was sitting at the bottom of the ocean. What it doesn't do is send out data as to where the plane actually was, just info pertaining to the engines performance. From what I've read there were no signs of distress with the engines, so that would lead us to believe this thing continued on some sort of flight path.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post

Where the hell are you going to secretly land a 777? That's a big ass plane that requires a very serious runway- the kind where people notice when you unexpectedly land a 777. If it's #2 or #3, why has nobody made any demands or claimed responsibility?
    There's an airport here http://www.google.com/maps/@4.2528625,20.9754673,12z with a 10,500 ft asphalt runway which is in the middle of a jungle. Go figure.
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    The malaysians are fucking useless. Think its time they ask the u.s. army to send over their best radar experts to take over the investigation, along with boeing/rolls royce techs.
    Hard to believe you can manually turn off transponder and it cuts out 100% of location communication with all the planes various systems.

Thread Information