Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Malaysia Airlines plane gone AWOL

Load Metric

Malaysia Airlines plane gone AWOL

Malaysia Airlines says it has lost contact with a plane travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, with 239 people on board. The airline said in a statement that flight MH370 disappeared at 02:40 local time on Saturday (18:40 GMT on Friday). It was expected to land in Beijing at 06:30 (22:30 GMT). "Malaysia Airlines is currently working with the authorities who have activated their search and rescue team to locate the aircraft," the carrier said. "Our team is currently calling the next-of-kin of passengers and crew." The Boeing B777-200 aircraft was carrying 227 passengers, including two children, and 12 crew members. "We deeply regret that we have lost all contacts with flight MH370 which departed Kuala Lumpur at 12.41 am earlier this morning bound for Beijing," said the airline.

The flight went missing two hours after taking off from Kuala Lumpur. China's Xinhua state news agency said it was lost in airspace controlled by Vietnam. The aircraft did not enter airspace controlled by China and did not make contact with Chinese controllers, the agency added. Malaysia Airlines has told the BBC it will be holding a press conference later on Saturday. "Our thoughts and prayers are with all affected passengers and crew and their family members," said its statement. The airline is the national carrier of Malaysia and one of Asia's largest, flying nearly 37,000 passengers daily to some 80 destinations worldwide.

Load Metric
    UPDATE [12:37]: Tuoi Tre, a leading daily in Vietnam, reports that the Vietnamese Navy has confirmed the plane crashed into the ocean. According to Navy Admiral Ngo Van Phat, Commander of the Region 5, military radar recorded that the plane crashed into the sea at a location 153 miles South of Phu Quoc island.

UPDATE [12:01]: Altogether, 239 passengers & crew, from 14 different nationalities, including two infants. Passengers were from:
    1. China - 152 plus 1 infant

2. Malaysia - 38

3. Indonesia - 12

4. Australia - 7

5. France - 3

6. United States of America - 3 pax plus 1 infant

7. New Zealand - 2

8. Ukraine - 2

9. Canada - 2

10. Russia - 1

11. Italy - 1

12. Taiwan - 1

13. Netherlands - 1

14. Austria - 1

http://my.news.yahoo.com/mas-aircraf...023820132.html

Hate hearing about things like this.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Me too. But remember when we were kids and planes crashed all the time, from either accidents or bombings? Flying has become remarkably safe.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    Me too. But remember when we were kids and planes crashed all the time, from either accidents or bombings? Flying has become remarkably safe.
    For sure, but for some reason I'm still nervous every time I fly.

BTW, never fly after eating a bunch of pot brownies.

Load Metric
    Mechanical error or North Korean missile, no distress signal at all, they blowd up.

Comments

big dick: what a thing to say

DirtyB: 1000 miles away rep

Hockey Guy: Korea is a different country than Vietnam. They are also not really all that close to each other, at least not close enough for the shitty missles Korea has.

NaturalBornHustler: dumbest person on planet rep

LEVEL ACCOUNT: fuck the haters I like you Garrett even if your the worst poster :

Platinum
    Load Metric
    SHUTUP GARRETT

Comments

SrslySirius: for real

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Mechanical error or North Korean missile, no distress signal at all, they blowd up.
    Why, exactly, would North Korea blow up a plane full of Chinese people? Any explanation at all would be fun to hear.

Comments

vegas1369: Garrett's gonna Garrett.

garrett: tinfoil hat, mechanical failure if i was a betting man

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I feel horrible for each and every one of the four Americans on that flight. USA RULES!!!

Comments

varys: Ba zing

Load Metric
    Look at it this way. You are more likely to die in the car on the way to the airport than in the airplane.

Comments

vegas1369: Yup.

Load Metric
    Look at it this way. You are more likely to die in the car on the way to the airport than in the airplane.
    And Vegas is more likely to die from autoerotic asphyxiation then in car crash so it all works out

Load Metric
    http://my.news.yahoo.com/mas-aircraf...023820132.html

Looks like it went down in the water. Just awful. Everyone's worst nightmare.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    this should be :garrett

Comments

Hockey Guy: Six-packed rep

Platinum
    Load Metric
    The plane kept flying 2 hours after last communication. They had an airplane expert on and he basically said it has to be a criminal act considering there was no weather and the plane kept flying for a while before it went down at cruising altitude.

Planes like that don't just fall out of the fucking sky. Not these days.

I actually just saw a tv show on catastrophic plane incidents, and you would be amazed at what it takes to get one out of the air. These jumbo jets can take a massive disaster and things are in place to keep them in the air.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    The plane kept flying 2 hours after last communication. They had an airplane expert on and he basically said it has to be a criminal act considering there was no weather and the plane kept flying for a while before it went down at cruising altitude.
    Do you remember how Payne Stewart died? His private plane lost cabin pressure, knocking everyone on board unconscious. The plane flew across the country on autopilot for several hours before it crashed.

It's probably a lot harder for a 777 to completely lose cabin pressure than a private plane, but I don't see why it would be proof of a criminal act.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Do you remember how Payne Stewart died? His private plane lost cabin pressure, knocking everyone on board unconscious. The plane flew across the country on autopilot for several hours before it crashed.

It's probably a lot harder for a 777 to completely lose cabin pressure than a private plane, but I don't see why it would be proof of a criminal act.
    Of course I remember Stewart. But like you said, that was a tiny leer jet, not a massive commercial airliner. Also that happened right after takeoff, not just cruising along in the middle of the flight. That is when most accidents occur, at takeoff or landing.

Look at this link and start working back from 2014 and tell me what you see in all these accidents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rcial_aircraft

Find me a giant aircraft that just fell out of the sky cruising or had an incident not taking off or landing, that wasn't a hijacking or weather/terrain related (like flying into the side of a hill or something). It just doesn't happen.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/mis...t-plane-n47806

Two Listed on Missing Jet Had Passports Stolen, Were Not on Plane

Two people listed as passengers on the missing Malaysia Airlines jet were not on the plane and had their passports stolen, according to foreign governments and one relative.

Luigi Maraldi, 37, was the only Italian on a passenger manifest released by the airline after the jet disappeared over the South China Sea.

But his father, Walter Maraldi, told NBC News from Cesena, Italy: “Luigi called us early this morning to reassure us he was fine, but we didn’t know about the accident. Thank God he heard about it before us.”

The Associated Press quoted the Italian foreign ministry as confirming that account.

An Austrian was also on the passenger manifest, but Reuters and The Associated Press both quoted the Austrian foreign ministry as saying that he was safe in Austria. The ministry said that his passport was also stolen.

Load Metric
    They said that the plane was at about 35,000 feet then nothing...disappears out of the sky.
    There is another place like the Bermuda triangle but in Asia.

A plane mysteriously disappears in Asia.

Where have I seen this before?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    X factor link? That is very confusing.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric

Find me a giant aircraft that just fell out of the sky cruising or had an incident not taking off or landing, that wasn't a hijacking or weather/terrain related (like flying into the side of a hill or something). It just doesn't happen.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helios_Airways_Flight_522
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helios_Airways_Flight_522
    Happened on takeoff due to maintenance/human error on ground, alarms were going off as it was climbing to altitude. Not similar in any way to this flight.

Was not cruising at 35,000 feet 2 hrs into the flight. Once you get past taking off and are in stable conditions a de-pressurizing is almost impossible, because it would have happened earlier if something was wrong to cause that.

Thread Information