Thread: For APP developers

Load Metric

For APP developers

I have a idea for a new app for smartphones. I downloaded the new IOS a few months ago for one reason. The ability to block phone numbers. This is a great feature however I believe if a blocked number calls you they just get the voicemail but you never receive the message unless you look for it.

I want the people to know they've been blocked, however. We need a nice recorded female voice to answer the blocked calls and tell them they've been blocked in a snarky way. For example, Druff's girlfriend seemed to have a nice voice, or VWLs can answer..."Thank you for calling such and such. I'm very sorry to inform you that your ass has been blocked. Now have a great day."

I'd pay a dollar for that. Probably a million others would too.

Maybe somebody has already done this.

I think 5% of sales for this idea is appropriate.

Load Metric
    pay some hot broad with a great voice $5 on fiverr for the voice over

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    pay some hot broad with a great voice $5 on fiverr for the voice over
    Why would she need to be hot?

Comments

DRK Star: for the stake of communicating with her for the job
    Slava Ukraini!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Good app ideas are like good .com domain names at this point.

Unless it's really obscure, all of them have already been taken.

Yes, it's still possible to come up with a hot new app idea if it's something really groundbreaking that nobody would have previously thought of. In almost all cases, someone has thought of it much earlier and done it already.

I thought maybe I found an exception in a bitcoin-price-notification app idea (since bitcoin just recently captured the public's attention over the past 6 months or so), but I got laughed off this site when I posted my idea for that app. It had already been done several times over.

I have a call blocking app. It's for jailbroken phones. I didn't bother to look for non-jailbroken apps, but I heard something about needing to do that in order to get a call-blocking app.

However, iOS 7 phones already have a built-in blocking feature, and most people are now running iOS 7, so that's that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Yes, it's still possible to come up with a hot new app idea if it's something really groundbreaking that nobody would have previously thought of. In almost all cases, someone has thought of it much earlier and done it already.

I thought maybe I found an exception in a bitcoin-price-notification app idea (since bitcoin just recently captured the public's attention over the past 6 months or so), but I got laughed off this site when I posted my idea for that app. It had already been done several times over.

I have a call blocking app. It's for jailbroken phones. I didn't bother to look for non-jailbroken apps, but I heard something about needing to do that in order to get a call-blocking app.

However, iOS 7 phones already have a built-in blocking feature, and most people are now running iOS 7, so that's that.
    We need a "live update from Jasep's BAP/Charity" app, I bet there's not one of those already.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Ok. You read that I downloaded the iOS 7 in my post. What I am looking for is an app that tells the incoming caller that their asses are blocked. I know about the blocking feature. I also know that it is still possible to retrieve voice messages from them because they are not aware they are blocked. I want them to know it and in a snarky ass way. That's where people like you come in and make some money.

Load Metric
    lol, bitchin' betty for an iphone. I like it. 5K.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Druff is 100% right in that most good easy app ideas have been done, if you want to be a developer the key is to find something that can be done better and work on that. Another way to break in to the app space is with a game, even a simple game like Flappy Bird was able to make at ton of money before the developer lost it. And that is another area that your game my be similar to something else, so the key is to improve it or make it new in some way. The golden age for developing apps has definitely passed, but there is still room to join in the party.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by matos View Post
    Druff is 100% right in that most good easy app ideas have been done, if you want to be a developer the key is to find something that can be done better and work on that. Another way to break in to the app space is with a game, even a simple game like Flappy Bird was able to make at ton of money before the developer lost it. And that is another area that your game my be similar to something else, so the key is to improve it or make it new in some way. The golden age for developing apps has definitely passed, but there is still room to join in the party.
    How you make money in apps is to make shit that people appeal to and multiply it. Chasing lucky is the stuff of fools. Piggyback on imminent stardom and you win.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by matos View Post
    Holy shit, matos is here. How the hell are you man?

I once had a great idea for an app. After searching the app store there really wasn't one like it. But I don't know how to code apps so I hired someone. Bad decision. I paid him some money and it was a complete and total clusterfuck. Never got even close to finishing the app and never got my money back either. If you have a good idea for an app partner up with someone you already know and whose skills you trust or do it yourself.

Thread Information