Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: *** Buy a piece of Dan Druff for 2014 World Series of Poker ***

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** Buy a piece of Dan Druff for 2014 World Series of Poker ***

Update 4/6/2014: This list of events is now official. It has not changed, but prices are now listed.

Prices are per share, which is defined as 1% of my action. So if you buy 3 shares, you get paid 3% of what I cash in that event.

You cannot by fractional shares, EXCEPT for the $10k Limit, where you can buy multiples of half-shares.

A * next to an event means there is a fair chance I will miss it due to conflicting schedules. If I miss the event, you will get a full refund.

Please read the important disclaimers/purchase information on page 2: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...l=1#post236871

*** NOTE *** All events are sold out.

Sat May 31 11:00am Event #8A Millionaire Maker $1500 NL Holdem
    Sat May 31 4:00pm Event #8B Millionaire Maker $1500 NL Holdem *
    History: Cashed in this last year, when it was a new event. Did not play the "B" flight, as I didn't need it. Note that I will not play the "B" flight if I make it through the first 4 levels of the "A" flight.
    PRICE: $18/share for 8A
    PRICE: $18/share for 8B
    ($36/share for both)
    8A: 42 purchased - DID NOT CASH
    simpdog 5
    442xx 1
    KlownBuster 1
    Detroit 2
    Sandwich 2
    hotshott74 2
    belly buster 1
    handicapme 5
    limp donk bingo 2
    DutchDodo 1
    Daly 1
    PAINLESSWON 3
    Tuna 5
    system.out.println 2
    Sheesfaced 1
    mulhs82 1
    tradershky 2
    TyWeezy 2
    Benford 3

8B: 40 purchased - DID NOT CASH
    simpdog 5
    442xx 1
    KlownBuster 1
    Detroit 2
    belly buster 1
    DutchDodo 1
    Daly 1
    PAINLESSWON 3
    Tuna 5
    system.out.println 2
    Sheesfaced 1
    Vintage_One 4
    mulhs82 1
    tradershky 2
    TyWeezy 2
    Benford 3
    FR1GHT 1
    handicapme 4

Mon Jun 2 12:00pm Event #11 $1500 NL Holdem 6-Handed
    History: Only played this event a few times, but did cash in it in 2009. Will not play if I make Day 3 of the Millionaire Maker.
    PRICE: $18/share
    40 purchased - DID NOT CASH
    simpdog 5
    442xx 1
    KlownBuster 1
    Detroit 2
    belly buster 1
    DutchDodo 1
    Daly 1
    PAINLESSWON 3
    Tuna 5
    system.out.println 2
    DirtyErnie 1
    Sheesfaced 1
    Vintage_One 4
    mulhs82 1
    tradershky 2
    TyWeezy 2
    Benford 3
    Shizzmoney 2
    StopSPAM 1
    FR1GHT 1

Fri Jun 20 4:00pm Event #43 $1500 Limit Holdem
    History: Finished 3rd in 2005. Have inexplicably struggled to cash since then, including recently with few years in a row where I was the mid-Day-1-chipleader.
    NOT FOR SALE - Finished in 66th place out of 657, to cash $2501.

Sat Jun 21 12:00pm Event #44 $1500 NL Holdem *
    History: Finished 4th in 2006. Have cashed in six of these events lifetime. Will not play if I make Day 2 of the $1500 Limit Holdem event.
    40 purchased - DID NOT PLAY, WILL REFUND
    simpdog 5
    442xx 1
    KlownBuster 1
    Detroit 2
    Sandwich 1
    belly buster 1
    DutchDodo 1
    Daly 1
    PAINLESSWON 3
    Tuna 5
    system.out.println 2
    DirtyErnie 1
    Sheesfaced 1
    Vintage_One 4
    mulhs82 1
    tradershky 2
    TyWeezy 2
    Benford 3
    YUUP 2
    FR1GHT 1

Mon Jun 23 12:00pm Event #47 $1500 Ante Only NL Holdem
    History: Came close to cashing in 2012, when the event was new. Did not make it far in 2013, despite two very easy starting tables. Will not play if I make Day 3 of the $1500 NL Holdem Event #44.
    41 purchased - DID NOT CASH
    simpdog 5
    442xx 1
    KlownBuster 1
    Detroit 2
    smithbk 3
    Sandwich 1
    belly buster 1
    handicapme 5
    DutchDodo 1
    Daly 1
    PAINLESSWON 3
    Tuna 5
    system.out.println 2
    DirtyErnie 1
    Sheesfaced 1
    mulhs82 1
    tradershky 2
    TyWeezy 2
    Benford 3

Thu Jun 26, 12:00pm Event #51 $1,500 Monster Stack NL Holdem
    History: New event
    NOT FOR SALE - DID NOT CASH

Thu Jun 26 4:00pm Event #52 $10,000 Limit Holdem
    History: This is the $5,000 Limit Holdem, with a doubled buyin. Have played this event 6 times. I finished 19th to cash in 2008, bubbled in 19th in 2012, and 5th in 2013.
    PRICE: $122/share
    45 purchased - DID NOT CASH
    simpdog 5
    442xx 1
    KlownBuster 1
    Detroit 2
    belly buster 1
    DutchDodo 1
    Daly 1
    PAINLESSWON 3
    Tuna 5
    system.out.println 4
    Sheesfaced 1
    Vintage_One 4
    mulhs82 1
    tradershky 2
    TyWeezy 2
    Benford 3
    GambleBotsChafedPenis 1.5
    YUUP 1
    FR1GHT 1
    Thousand Tigers 2
    WillieMcFML 2
    Jew Magoo 0.5

Sat Jun 28 12:00pm Event #55 $1,500 NL Holdem
    History: See Event #44. Will not play if I make Day 3 of the $10,000 Limit Holdem.
    40 purchased - SOLD OUT
    simpdog 5
    442xx 1
    KlownBuster 1
    Detroit 2
    Sandwich 1
    belly buster 1
    DutchDodo 1
    Daly 1
    PAINLESSWON 3
    Tuna 5
    system.out.println 2
    Sheesfaced 1
    Vintage_One 4
    mulhs82 1
    tradershky 2
    TyWeezy 2
    Benford 3
    YUUP 2
    StopSPAM 1
    FR1GHT 1

Sun Jul 6 12:00pm Event #65B $10,000 NL Holdem Main Event
    History: Finished 88th (out of 7,319) in 2010. Got past 83-88% of the field in 2011, 2012, and 2013, but did not cash.
    NOT FOR SALE

So I'm planning upon 8 events, nine if you count the 8B if I fail to get very far in 8A (which obviously I hope doesn't happen).

I might add an additional $1500 NL event here and there, especially if I miss one or more of them.

I will not play any event if I feel sick or emotionally unready to do so.

Want to buy? Read here: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...l=1#post236871

Load Metric
    sign me up for 1% across the board again once you decide what you're selling.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    You forgot the DEALER's CHOICE event dude!
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    sign me up for 1% across the board again once you decide what you're selling.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Important questions for potential backers. What will your pregame weigh-in be? Set the over-under at 190?

What colour will your designer handbag be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Gold
    Load Metric
    What did 1% cost last year?

Load Metric

Smile

Dan:

Not surprising that you didn't cash after being the chip leader halfway through day one of the $1500 LH event. Unlike no limit, getting an early lead isn't much an advantage. As the blinds go up (particularly on day 2), the stacks seem to equalize relative to the blinds. The difference between a big stack and a small one is only about 3 extra hands. I finished 2nd in the event in 2011 and was the small stack at the start of the final table. I got the chip lead when we we were down to 3, but the blinds were so high, it only took a couple of losing hands to equalize the chips again. I never had an above average stack the entire tournament, until we were down to 5 players. IMHO, it is much more important to gradually increase your stack relative to the blinds through solid play. In a limit event, I couldn't care less if I win one hand in the 1st 4 hours. Eventually you will need to get a rush of cards, but the later in the tournament, the better. In the words of Tom McEvoy, "you have to give yourself a chance to get lucky". You may disagree with me, but I've had a lot of success in limit hold'em tournaments over the past 20 years, mostly playing smaller events.

I wasn't able to play the event the last 2 years, but I'll be at the Rio on June 20. Enjoy your forum. Good luck. I hope you finish second!

Comments

smithbk: sweet swop bio

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Dan:

Not surprising that you didn't cash after being the chip leader halfway through day one of the $1500 LH event. Unlike no limit, getting an early lead isn't much an advantage. As the blinds go up (particularly on day 2), the stacks seem to equalize relative to the blinds. The difference between a big stack and a small one is only about 3 extra hands. I finished 2nd in the event in 2011 and was the small stack at the start of the final table. I got the chip lead when we we were down to 3, but the blinds were so high, it only took a couple of losing hands to equalize the chips again. I never had an above average stack the entire tournament, until we were down to 5 players. IMHO, it is much more important to gradually increase your stack relative to the blinds through solid play. In a limit event, I couldn't care less if I win one hand in the 1st 4 hours. Eventually you will need to get a rush of cards, but the later in the tournament, the better. In the words of Tom McEvoy, "you have to give yourself a chance to get lucky". You may disagree with me, but I've had a lot of success in limit hold'em tournaments over the past 20 years, mostly playing smaller events.

I wasn't able to play the event the last 2 years, but I'll be at the Rio on June 20. Enjoy your forum. Good luck. I hope you finish second!
    Good luck this year Thomas.
    http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/resu...=821&tid=11445

You should start off the are you playing this year thread with your plans for this year.
    Last edited by Hockey Guy; 02-23-2014 at 04:39 PM.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookygook View Post
    What did 1% cost last year?
    1% was $158 last year.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Dan:

Good luck this year Thomas.
    http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/resu...=821&tid=11445

You should start off the are you playing this year thread with your plans for this year.
    I'll post my schedule but won't be tweeting during the events. Rule number one of tournament play is to be observant. I am amazed how many people are preoccupied with their iPhones and iPads during the tournaments at the WSOP, when they should be attempting to get a line on their opponents. Although I do listen to music, feign indifference, and appear to be in my own world, I am actually keenly watching everything that is going on. To quote TJ, "if a gnat fell off the end of the table, I'd notice it."

This is especially important when playing at a large event where you often play at the same table for several hours. Maybe today's younger players, many of whom got there experience on the net, don't feel the need to get a line on other's people's play. I guess they are so good and know it all already, but not me. When I pluck down a couple of grand to play an event, I am there to give it my all from hand number one.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Dan:

Yes, I know that an early lead doesn't have any correlation to big success in these limit events, but at the same time, it's pretty awful luck to be the mid-day-1 chip leader (around 21-27k) and not even cash for three years in a row.

These limit tournaments do have a flaw in that they are VERY card dependent at the final table. Basically, if all of the players are competent, it will come down to who runs the best.

On the flip side, fish are much less likely to cash in limit tournaments than NL tournaments, because they almost always get ground down to nothing by the time 90% of the field is gone.

BTW, I was down to 1500 in chips in the 2005 $1500 Limit Holdem event, when we were at 300-600 blinds. I then got it in preflop with A4 versus AJ, chopped with a double-paired board, and then proceeded to double up numerous times, eventually finishing 3rd. I also had many other short-stack moments in that tournament.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Assumiong Druff doesn't sell any of the main event, and plays only the events listed it'll be $90-100 a share. Will depend a lot if he sells any of the $10k LHE as well.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Dan:

Yes, I know that an early lead doesn't have any correlation to big success in these limit events, but at the same time, it's pretty awful luck to be the mid-day-1 chip leader (around 21-27k) and not even cash for three years in a row.

These limit tournaments do have a flaw in that they are VERY card dependent at the final table. Basically, if all of the players are competent, it will come down to who runs the best.

On the flip side, fish are much less likely to cash in limit tournaments than NL tournaments, because they almost always get ground down to nothing by the time 90% of the field is gone.

BTW, I was down to 1500 in chips in the 2005 $1500 Limit Holdem event, when we were at 300-600 blinds. I then got it in preflop with A4 versus AJ, chopped with a double-paired board, and then proceeded to double up numerous times, eventually finishing 3rd. I also had many other short-stack moments in that tournament.
    IMO, there are lots of fish in the limit hold'em events, many of whom are pretty good no limit "pros" who don't have a clue. That is why I play mostly limit events. When I played the 5k event 2 years ago, the 1st player out at my table was a "world champion" no limit player, who donked off this entire stack in 3 hours by continually trying to bluff a calling station on his left!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

IMO, there are lots of fish in the limit hold'em events, many of whom are pretty good no limit "pros" who don't have a clue. That is why I play mostly limit events. When I played the 5k event 2 years ago, the 1st player out at my table was a "world champion" no limit player, who donked off this entire stack in 3 hours by continually trying to bluff a calling station on his left!
    I've seen this, too. Most of the NL guys have no chance, unless they have some experience playing limit.

Look at the final tables of these limit events, and it's very rare to see a NL-only guy there.

For example, last year's $5k Limit event (where I made the final table), consisted of me, 3 Magic the Gathering players (all of whom learned limit from one another), Greg Mueller (originally a limit player), Ronnie Bardah (another limit player), two Commerce limit pros, and an old man who prefers limit (he won). Not a single NL guy in the bunch,

Load Metric
    Committing for 1% across the board again this year!

Once you post your events I will BOA transfer again this year..

#BringOnTheSweat

KlownBuster

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Hey, I'd like to know if the dates above are already final. Thanks.

Load Metric
    This is subject to change.

I will post info on the availability of pieces to buy from me later on.

A * next to an event means there is a fair chance I will miss it due to conflicting schedules.

Sat May 31 11:00am Event #8A Millionaire Maker $1500 NL Holdem
    Sat May 31 4:00pm Event #8B Millionaire Maker $1500 NL Holdem *
    History: Cashed in this last year, when it was a new event. Did not play the "B" flight, as I didn't need it. Note that I will not play the "B" flight if I make it through the first 4 levels of the "A" flight.

Mon Jun 2 12:00pm Event #11 $1500 NL Holdem 6-Handed
    History: Only played this event a few times, but did cash in it in 2009. Will not play if I make Day 3 of the Millionaire Maker.

Fri Jun 20 4:00pm Event #43 $1500 Limit Holdem
    History: Finished 3rd in 2005. Have inexplicably struggled to cash since then, including recently with few years in a row where I was the mid-Day-1-chipleader.

Sat Jun 21 12:00pm Event #44 $1500 NL Holdem *
    History: Finished 4th in 2006. Have cashed in six of these events lifetime. Will not play if I make Day 2 of the $1500 Limit Holdem event.

Mon Jun 23 12:00pm Event #47 $1500 Ante Only NL Holdem
    History: Came close to cashing in 2012, when the event was new. Did not make it far in 2013, despite two very easy starting tables. Will not play if I make Day 3 of the $1500 NL Holdem Event #44.

Thu Jun 26 4:00pm Event #52 $10,000 Limit Holdem
    History: This is the $5,000 Limit Holdem, with a doubled buyin. Have played this event 6 times. I finished 19th to cash in 2008, bubbled in 19th in 2012, and 5th in 2013.

Sat Jun 28 12:00pm Event #55 $1,500 NL Holdem
    History: See Event #44. Will not play if I make Day 3 of the $10,000 Limit Holdem.

Sun Jul 6 12:00pm Event #65B $10,000 NL Holdem Main Event
    History: Finished 88th (out of 7,319) in 2010. Got past 83-88% of the field in 2011, 2012, and 2013, but did not cash.

So I'm planning upon 8 events, nine if you count the 8B if I fail to get very far in 8A (which obviously I hope doesn't happen).

I might add an additional $1500 NL event here and there, especially if I miss one or more of them.

I will not play any event if I feel sick or emotionally unready to do so.

Any event I don't play will see a full refund to those buying pieces of me.

Load Metric
    Would you please reserve me 3% of all your events for me...I enjoyed following you last year...and visited u at ur final table....well done! glglgl...and maybe see u at Dodger opening day....

Bronze
    Load Metric

I'm in for 1% across the board as well.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Hi Druff,
    I am new to PFA. Love the radio show and would like to have someone to sweat during the series since i have to work and won't be able to make it.
    Is it possible for new members to buy pieces? I could obviously send the money tomorrow if need be to show I'm serious and reserve.
    I like the percent across the board idea so if you would accept a new member buying pieces pls PM me & let me know what 1% would cost and I could make a decision on how much to purchase. Also I heard on the radio show that there might be limits on what we could buy so that info would be great as well. Thanks in advance!

Comments

smithbk: noob rep

Thread Information