Thread: I'm being screwed by Mt. Gox.....

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

I'm being screwed by Mt. Gox.....

Druff, you were correct about Mt Gox...

I bought a few bit coins a year or so ago for something like $10 each. I used it to play on Seals for a while and then just forgot about them. When I heard at the end of the year that the price of bit coins was skyrocketing, I decided to check on Mt Gox to see, if by any chance, I still had any there. To my surprise, I actually had 1 bit coin...

So, I decided to sell 1/2 a bit coin and I sold it for somewhere around $500, I have that amount sitting in my account and a 1/2 of bit coin. As soon as I sold it, I tried to get my money...only to find out that I had not been "Verified" to transfer my money off the site. I submitted verification of my identification and a utility bill with my address...as requested. After a month I finally heard back informing me that I had not submitted sufficient documentation...OK, I resubmitted other documentation...only to be informed a few week later that again, I could not be "Verified" because I submitted altered documents (see below)

I have emailed them on numerous occasions, got a few responses that it would be looked into but nothing has been resolved.

Now when I try to log in to Mt Gox it shows "Loading" and then after a few seconds the LOG IN button reappears....

So now they have my money, my 1/2 a bit coin and I cannot get onto the site....

Email to Me:

Dear XXXX

We regret to inform you that the identification documentation you have submitted has been reviewed, and your request has been temporarily denied.

Reasons(s)

Only complete, unedited documentation may be accepted as residence proof.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but it would be greatly appreciated if you could resubmit/reupload to your MtGox account the requested clarification(s) above. (Please refrain documents attached to mails.

Thank you for your help in this matter,

What, I edited my documentation...you got to be fucking kidding me...

Her is my email to Mt Gox:

WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG FOR MY VERIFICATION. I HAVE SUMITTED PERFECTLY ACCEPTBLE DOCUMENTATION ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS AND YOU REFUSE TO ACCEPT WHAT I HAVE SUBMITTED. YOU ARE UNDOUBTLY JACKING ME AROUND FOR NO LEGITMATE REASON.

YOU HAVE FAILED TO RESPOND TO ME AND MY NUMEROUS EMAILS. WHY WILL YOU NOT RESPOND. HAVE YOU NOW STOLEN MY MONEY AND MY BITCOINS? IF NOT, WHY DO YOU RESFUSE TO GIVE ME WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY MINE.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON AT MT GOX?

Yes, I did YELL at them via email although I will probably not get a response.

I am pissed but only satisfied by the fact that anything I actually received over $10 would be a windfall...

Thanks for letting me vent

...and FUCK YOU MT GOX!!!!!!
    Last edited by Pokehermaniac; 02-23-2014 at 09:46 AM.

Load Metric
    Holy shit that sounds almost exactly like Lock Poker's e-mail apologies/denials/super sorrows that they can't get you your funds. What exactly did you edit where they use that as grounds to deny your withdrawal?

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    Holy shit that sounds almost exactly like Lock Poker's e-mail apologies/denials/super sorrows that they can't get you your funds. What exactly did you edit where they use that as grounds to deny your withdrawal?

I didn't edit anything...they are just being assholes and making things up. The worse part is, is that I sent them a copy of my CA driver's license...now, after the fact, I just can't believe I did that, boy am I dumb. I guess identity theft will be next!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokehermaniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post

I didn't edit anything...they are just being assholes and making things up. The worse part is, is that I sent them a copy of my CA driver's license...now, after the fact, I just can't believe I did that, boy am I dumb. I guess identity theft will be next!
    Damn, sorry to hear that. On the bright side I wouldn't really be worried about the identity theft stuff, it just sounds like you are screwed getting you money/btc. Shady motherfuckers.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Thanks for posting your story here.

I'm sure there are countless stories just like yours involving Gox.

They have apparently been cash-broke (or at least cash-poor) for a few months, and now bitcoin-broke. I am pretty sure this depressed market (where you can't take your coins off Gox) is a scheme for them to buy coins at a discount, sell them at other exchanges, and eventually reclaim enough money to be "whole" again.

So shady. Mark Karpeles and the rest there belong in jail.

Comments

Deal: Jen Larson must be consulting on their recovery. Shout out to Shane.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    My Gox is dead...

This is posted on home page:

Dear MtGox Customers,

In light of recent news reports and the potential repercussions on MtGox's operations and the market, a decision was taken to close all transactions for the time being in order to protect the site and our users. We will be closely monitoring the situation and will react accordingly.

Best regards,
    MtGox Team

Thread Information