Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KID SCREWED UT OF 10K

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

KID SCREWED UT OF 10K

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    That sucks especially if the rules weren't clear that shots had to be consecutive. If any guy can make the first three, miss the half court shot, run all the way down to get the ball, and put up a buzzer beater like that then they deserve the money since getting off two half court shots is much tougher hustling down and back.

I give it a good chance this kid will make at least $10k from this once people see the clip and ship him donations for being screwed.

Load Metric
    Even if they gave him a 5th shot, the clock clearly hit 0 even before he crossed back over half-court. The acoustics of the horn are off in the video, but watch the red clock. Kid choked. No fifth try. Fuck him.

Name:  Denied4-300x300.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  11.9 KB

Comments

Muck Ficon: :thisguy

DirtyB: Smokey, this is not 'Nam. There are rules.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Even if they gave him a 5th shot, the clock clearly hit 0 even before he crossed back over half-court. The acoustics of the horn are off in the video, but watch the red clock. Kid choked. No fifth try. Fuck him.

Name:  Denied4-300x300.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  11.9 KB
    Video and audio is so shitty it's impossible to tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    That's Lane Kiffin for ya.

Load Metric
    edit- was replying to Muck comment he edited. I just don't see any way. Clock at :03 before he sets foot on court. Can clearly see :01, it changes, and appears to go back to 1 after. Just don't see it with all those steps and having to spin and heave. Honky ain't Tyus Edney.
    Last edited by BCR; 02-19-2014 at 03:16 AM.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    edit- was replying to Muck comment he edited. I just don't see any way. Clock at :03 before he sets foot on court. Can clearly see :01, it changes, and appears to go back to 1 after. Just don't see it with all those steps and having to spin and heave. Honky ain't Tyus Edney.

misclick. Take the time to notice me flopping around in Brittney's shorts.

Load Metric
    Thought I was seeing things. Glad I'm not the only one.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: noose lol
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Went through the video frame by frame.

Clock went from 4 seconds to 3 seconds at 19:23
    3 seconds to 2 seconds at 20:23
    2 seconds to 1 second at 21:23

So........ 1 to zero should occur at 22:23..... but it doesn't... clock changes from 1 to zero at 23:23. Clock seems to zero out at 22:23 but it conveniently gets blurry then. Not blurry enough where you can't see that the clock was at zero though.

Comments

BCR: breaking it down high tech rep

Baron Von Strucker: noose lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    Went through the video frame by frame.

Clock went from 4 seconds to 3 seconds at 19:23
    3 seconds to 2 seconds at 20:23
    2 seconds to 1 second at 21:23

So........ 1 to zero should occur at 22:23..... but it doesn't... clock changes from 1 to zero at 23:23. Clock seems to zero out at 22:23 but it conveniently gets blurry then. Not blurry enough where you can't see that the clock was at zero though.

It appeared manipulated. When it clicked from 4 to 3, he had like a foot on the mat next to the doors leading out of the gym. When it went from 3 to 2, he was halfway between the baseline and FT line. Had he been shooting at opposite basket he may have been able to get it off just chucking while running at it. But having to cross midcourt and then pivot around and throw it back at the basket he came from? No fucking way. Glad you broke it down on film or I was going to have to show up at a high-school gym in the coming days with a stopwatch and grab a couple athletic teen-agers and satisfy my curiosity that it couldn't be done by anyone not named Lebron or Paul George. Would take unreal speed and strength to get out to mid-court and shoot back at that hoop in under 3 seconds. Go get in bed with Sallie Mae kid and get a loan like everyone else to pay for school, you didn't win shit.

Load Metric
    The clock hits 0, then goes back to 1. If the rules say you have to hit 4 in a row, then those are the rules. You don't deserve the prize anyways because what you did was pretty cool.

Load Metric
    Give him a $10 food voucher and pair of Dearfoam slippers.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Kids getting the money and free pizza for a year from this, so he winds up on top anyways.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...38--ncaab.html

Comments

IamGreek: I'm on my way to Pizza Hut rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The first time I watched it I was only half paying attention so I didn't really look at the clock. If the rules state four in a row then everything else is a irrelevant but if the clock starts screwing up giving him more time then he should have it becomes a slippery slope.

Regardless, I say give the kid a redo imo and if by miracle he wins then pay that man his money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    The first time I watched it I was only half paying attention so I didn't really look at the clock. If the rules state four in a row then everything else is a irrelevant but if the clock starts screwing up giving him more time then he should have it becomes a slippery slope.

Regardless, I say give the kid a redo imo and if by miracle he wins then pay that man his money.
    Give him a redo? If the rule was he had to hit four in a row, he lost. If the rule was he had to hit four in the given amount of time, he still lost.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fail View Post
    Kids getting the money and free pizza for a year from this, so he winds up on top anyways.

It's good PR for Pizza Hut to step in and pay this kid....fairly obvious that they didnt state the four IN A ROW rule because the dude would have stopped after missing the shot. Clock malfunctions happen and it's not on the kid for it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lvpkr1009 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fail View Post

It's good PR for Pizza Hut to step in and pay this kid....fairly obvious that they didnt state the four IN A ROW rule because the dude would have stopped after missing the shot. Clock malfunctions happen and it's not on the kid for it.
    Do you have a copy of the rules? Also, the clock didn't seem to malfunction, it seemed to go to zero right when it should have. Looks like someone edited the video.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

Give him a redo? If the rule was he had to hit four in a row, he lost. If the rule was he had to hit four in the given amount of time, he still lost.
    The only reason I'm even throwing the option out there is so apparently things were unclear about the four in a row otherwise he wouldn't have went after the ball in the first place and the clock is just brings more controversy.

As for what happened a redo wouldn't fix a conspiracy it's just one of them things some places do because it looks good to some people.

I originally thought he would get paid elsewhere and it appears to be the case so the kid should just take that money and be happy about it.

Load Metric
    I will post the link when I find it again, but the Yahoo story said that he signed a contract before the contest saying that he had unlimited tries within the time limit on everything except the half court shot as it had to be made on the first attempt.

Load Metric
    The contract he signed prior to participating in the contest dictated that he had as many tries as required at the layup, free throw and 3-pointer but he needed to have sunk the first attempt at the half-court shot to have won.

Bill Lavery, Jack's father, said his son didn't have time to read every detail of the contract since he was informed he had been chosen to participate from a random drawing about three minutes prior to halftime. Everyone in the gym assumed Lavery had won the prize because the emcee not only didn't stop the contest when Lavery missed the initial half court shot but also encouraged him to chase down the rebound and try again before the final buzzer.
    Seems pretty clear to me! Oh well, kid got the money and free pizza.

Thread Information