Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dirty Wars

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    After watching this documentary if find it fucking amazing that you people are disgusted about what the nazis did in WW2
    The US is doing some absolutely terrible things in a lot of places. The secret wars waged without even Congress knowing the details let alone the public and no civilian control whatsoever which is the essence of a democracy and certainly of the US Constitution, the disregard for civilians or any type of due process even when killing Americans who are due process before the government kills them. BUT, there is no comparison with the Nazis. The scale and context are just completely different. It's not even apples to oranges, it's apples to bowling balls. I understand your anger and disgust and I share them 100% but the word Nazi (or Stalin) has been thrown around a lot especially on the internet as a convenient emotional reference point for various forms of wickedness and what it does is it dilutes the historical and moral importance of what the world experienced with the Nazis. It takes a hell of a lot to move into the league with Hitler Stalin and Mao and as bad as what the US is doing right now is, it doesn't qualify. It's not even the worst thing the US has done--that would be Vietnam, which is probably in the second tier right under the big 3.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

I thought it was Austria and the Serbians that started WW1, the Germans pretty much supported Austria as they had a treaty, plus long standing ties.
    It had been building for decades if not centuries before this. The assassination of the Arch Duke didn't cause the war, the fallout afterwards did. Britain and France were concerned with a united German empire, which began 150 years prior when Fredrick the Great started consolidating territory (oddly enough invading Austria was the genesis of this) and uniting the numerous fiefdoms. The Napoleonic Wars in the early 19th century carved Germany into pieces again. This same issue was also the cause of the Franco-Prussian War in 1870; German unification.

During the 18th, 19th, and early 20th centuries Europe was constantly at war with shifting alliances, but if you want to know if another World War is coming just look to see if Germany is expanding
    Ironically Germany has come to dominate continental Europe's politics and economy by entirely peaceful means. But your point is well taken. Fucking Germans, give them an inch and they'll take Paris.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    After watching this documentary if find it fucking amazing that you people are disgusted about what the nazis did in WW2
    The US is doing some absolutely terrible things in a lot of places. The secret wars waged without even Congress knowing the details let alone the public and no civilian control whatsoever which is the essence of a democracy and certainly of the US Constitution, the disregard for civilians or any type of due process even when killing Americans who are due process before the government kills them. BUT, there is no comparison with the Nazis. The scale and context are just completely different. It's not even apples to oranges, it's apples to bowling balls. I understand your anger and disgust and I share them 100% but the word Nazi (or Stalin) has been thrown around a lot especially on the internet as a convenient emotional reference point for various forms of wickedness and what it does is it dilutes the historical and moral importance of what the world experienced with the Nazis. It takes a hell of a lot to move into the league with Hitler Stalin and Mao and as bad as what the US is doing right now is, it doesn't qualify. It's not even the worst thing the US has done--that would be Vietnam, which is probably in the second tier right under the big 3.
    Throw Pol Pot into that mixture of evil as well
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    One mans gass chamber is another mans cruise missile.
    Just because you are killing innocent people on a much smaller scale doest mean fuck all.
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric

Just because you are killing innocent people on a much smaller scale doest mean fuck all.
    uh, yes it does.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post

uh, yes it does.
    gotcha, so whats the magic number of innocent killed one shouldnt exceed?
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric

uh, yes it does.
    you're trolling but ill bite. there isn't a "magic number", but it's no where near the 6 million number which you're comparing it to. food for thought.

Load Metric

you're trolling but ill bite. there isn't a "magic number", but it's no where near the 6 million number which you're comparing it to. food for thought.
    throw some numbers at me I wanna know where you at
    Slava Ukraini!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    War is a waste as I served in the bush 45 years ago. We should of never set foot in Viet Nam as it was solely a CIA war and to make money for arms manufactors.

But the worse thing is when we did step into it we didn't fight it to win. When you do fight a war you kill everything and everybody who stands in your way. And this includes women and children, and the old. Then you raise the ground and move on to your next war if you really want one.

Today I laugh as I watch outside the U.S. in retirement and see what's going on. Because it's a continual repeat of what has been happening for hundreds of years. And the people never catch on as to how their leaders fool them time and again with lies lies lies.

Load Metric
    Please name a clean war....
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    Please name a clean war....
    well the pics that I posted are from Yemen where there is no war
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    can someone correct me if im wrong? didn't hitler get tired of the jews controlling the money in germany and said fuck these motherfuckers im gonna get rid of them?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    can someone correct me if im wrong? didn't hitler get tired of the jews controlling the money in germany and said fuck these motherfuckers im gonna get rid of them?
    Sort of.

Contolling the finances of Germany in WW1 they had the war ended. This caused a fury among the military who were actually doing well against the Allies.

But Anti-Jew feelings began hundreds of years before that. Jews were seen as a filth in Europe when they migrated there in the 13th century. Even today Jews aren't liked.

Hitler used this hatred of them to gain power. But after getting´power he should of stopped the offenses again them.

Jews were the leading scientists, educators, bankers, and tradesman around. And the majority of them were very nationalistic in their feelings for Germandy.

Einstein left and good thing as Germandy would of been the first to acquire the atomic bomb. End of story and we'd all being eating sauerkruat today.

But the Jews were killed by the millions and it took 15% of Germanys war economy to do it. So in a way the Jews did save the world.

Thing is Hitler had some good ideas. Problem was he was such a madman that he wouldn't listen to anyone. Least of all to his generals who commanded the best army the world has ever had.

And my daddy told me that as he went toe to toe with them at Omaha Beach. Big Red 1.

Comments

shortbuspoker: WW2 German army is not even top 5 all time

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post

I've seen and read plenty about ww1 and ww2 and yup the Germans started boath wars and FYI lost them boath too. Unfortunate that somany people had to die because of a bunch of greedy crouts.
    I thought it was Austria and the Serbians that started WW1, the Germans pretty much supported Austria as they had a treaty, plus long standing ties.
    Germany was the first to bust a move and start the war

this thread is just so sad. and we should never forget all these atrocities.
    Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 02-13-2014 at 05:42 PM.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    great hardcore history episodes up right now about WW1.

Episodes 50 and 51, parts 1-2 of The Blueprint for Armageddon.

http://www.dancarlin.com//disp.php/h...ne-Great%20War

http://www.dancarlin.com//disp.php/h...eddon-II/First World War-World War One-Great War

Load Metric
    I haven't seen the documentary but the book was pretty eye-opening.

Scahill (?) probably leans left but he excoriates the Obama administration pretty hard in the second half of the book, particularly over drone strikes.

I don't remember if Dirty Wars or Blackwater (another good read) covers the Somalian warlords but that part was pretty interesting.

Have a read if you want your jingoism ruined

Load Metric
    bump

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    bump
    big if true

Load Metric
    Never saw “Dirty Wars”. Queued up.

Magnificent Storyteller Soldier recounts what he saw in Vietnam. Gifted raconteur.

Vietnam or Afghanistan ... history repeats.

That hair happens only once every couple of generations.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

bump
    big if true
    i wonder who triggered him?
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Thread Information