Thread: Costco Gold membership - If you were thinking of getting one, you might want to jump on this

Platinum
    Load Metric

Costco Gold membership - If you were thinking of getting one, you might want to jump on this

I have a gold membership myself which is normally $110 (twice the cost of the regular membership) - it gives you a % back for purchases, so if you are a big spender, the gold is the way to go vs the reg membership (+ you would normally get $ back from your membership cost if you didn't spend enough)

in a nutshell, the offer below gives the gold for $55 and by the time you are done with the freebies, it basically pays for the membership if not more.

the nice thing too is that if you are not happy, Costco memberships are 100% refundable at any time throughout your membership.

And yes, the Kirkland AA batteries are a very good deal. I have used them before and they are just as good if not better than any other big name. And you obv get a huge pack here for free.

http://www.clarkhoward.com/news/clar...iscount/ndFz2/

By Clark Howard

ClarkHoward.com

Everybody knows I love shopping at Costco Wholesale. And right now, I have a sizzling deal for you on a 1-year membership!

Livingsocial.com is offering a Gold Star membership, plus a bonus cash card, coupons, and a ton of freebies thrown in that add up to $104 in value.

But your price through the daily deal site for this whole package? A scant $55, which makes it a 47% savings. This deal expires on Saturday, February 8 and is valid for new members only! Here's what you'll get:

$55 Gold Star Membership for 1 year
    $20 Costco Cash Card
    Free Kirkland Signature 48-pack of AA batteries (the best batteries in America, according to Consumer Reports!)
    Free rotisserie chicken
    Free Kirkland Signature case of water
    $4 off Kirkland Signature coffee
    $4 off Kirkland Signature albacore tuna

Here is the link for getting the membership: https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/1...ampaign=552179

EDIT: the membership for the promotion is a costco gold membership, not a costco EXECUTIVE membership.

member levels:

Costco Gold - this is actually the regular membership which costs $55

Costco Executive Gold - $110. this is the one with the % rebate for purchases.

Comments

LLL: This deserves rep even if I don't plan to get a membership.

PLOL: Jew rep

gauchojake: sweet deal

IamGreek: You didn't mention that yours is free if 3 of us sign up? Just sayin
    Last edited by Gordman; 02-06-2014 at 03:41 PM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I use like 3 AA batteries a year. I like Costco, but I am not stockpiling 48 AA batteries any time soon. Thanks though.

Comments

Muck Ficon: No one cares what type of batteries your dildo takes

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Note: someone is telling me that they were supposedly able to get this same deal when they went into the store to sign up. I can't claim this as fact though. Maybe call the store first to see.

Load Metric
    Looks like this is for Gold not Executive Gold which gets the rebate. Not for renewals either unfortunately. Still a sweet deal, though. I thought I was going to get over on Costco since my membership is up in March

Load Metric
    good

good

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Looks like this is for Gold not Executive Gold which gets the rebate. Not for renewals either unfortunately. Still a sweet deal, though. I thought I was going to get over on Costco since my membership is up in March

Oops, my bad. I forgot that there were 2 different memberships that were labeled gold. I don't know why the hell they dont just call it a costco membership instead of a costco gold membership. Imo that leads someone to think there is another level below the gold membership, which there isn't. Thanks for catching. I will edit in the op

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Name:  iamgreek.png
Views: 478
Size:  1.8 KB

Are you drunk or something?

WTF is this shit?

Maybe instead of being an idiot, you could explain to me how the fuck my membership would be free if 3 of you sign up???

You apparently must think im somehow doing this for myself, instead of simply helping my fellow comrades.

So now i challenge you, prove how im somehow benefiting out of my post. I will be willing to make a wager, and I will even escrow. How much would you like to bet??

Not everyone in this world tries to benefit from simply making a public service
    Last edited by Gordman; 02-06-2014 at 04:09 PM.

Load Metric

Talking

[QUOTE=Gordman;227013]Name:  iamgreek.png

WTF is this shit?

Maybe instead of being an idiot, you could explain to me how the fuck my membership would be free if 3 of you sign up???

You apparently must think im somehow doing this for myself, instead of simply helping my fellow comrades.

[B]So now i challenge you, prove how im somehow benefiting out of my post. I will be willing to make a wager, and I will even escrow.
    Just reading from the link you posted:

Costco Wholesale
    Costco Wholesale Membership + Bonus Costco Cash Card and Coupons
    $55

you got it!

47%
    savings
    3 days
    remaining
    want this deal for free?
    If three of your friends buy this deal, you get the deal for free! Just have them use the link below when they purchase.
    your personal link:
    copy
    share 7505 tweet 264 email
    popular right now

I apologize if you did not avail yourself of this opportunity. Perhaps if you had said " oh and by the way I am not getting mine free it is just a public service announcement".

and yes I am drunk but I am not an idiot--I am just an old fart and not a betting man with guys I do not know.

P.S. Thanks for the post, I purchased one so you would have been 1/3 of the way there. ROFL

Comments

Gordman: dumbest post I have seen at least this week rep

Load Metric
    does this work in the great white north of Canadia or US only?

Or are the memberships cross-border?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    [QUOTE=IamGreek;227017]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Name:  iamgreek.png

WTF is this shit?

[B]So now i challenge you, prove how im somehow benefiting out of my post. I will be willing to make a wager, and I will even escrow.
    Just reading from the link you posted:

Costco Wholesale
    Costco Wholesale Membership + Bonus Costco Cash Card and Coupons
    $55

you got it!

47%
    savings
    3 days
    remaining
    want this deal for free?
    If three of your friends buy this deal, you get the deal for free! Just have them use the link below when they purchase.
    your personal link:
    copy
    share 7505 tweet 264 email
    popular right now

I apologize if you did not avail yourself of this opportunity. Perhaps if you had said " oh and by the way I am not getting mine free it is just a public service announcement".

and yes I am drunk but I am not an idiot--I am just an old fart and not a betting man with guys I do not know.

P.S. Thanks for the post, I purchased one so you would have been 1/3 of the way there. ROFL

1)You post on forums etc so you obviously know some simple mechanics of how the internet works. You could have also done some very simple research that would have debunked your claim in a heartbeat. So yes, you are an idiot.

2) You are copy/pasting another part of the link page which even an 8 year old at this point could understand that it has nothing to do with what I posted.

3) " not a betting man with guys I do not know" .... yeah um....the link wasn't a bet, or remotely close to one. EDIT: oh, my bet about you proving me wrong? You don't know what escrow means, do you??

4) " I purchased one so you would have been 1/3 of the way there" ....so, after all of your happy horseshit you are spewing, you STILL even took advantage of this offer that I am supposedly "scamming, wagering, and somehow taking advantage of other people signing up"

5) Then at the end you decide to INSULT me because I didn't somehow take advantage of other people?!??

Im sorry to everyone else for the useless posts beating my drum but shit like this just really pisses me off beyond anything else. For most of you who know me, you know damn well that I don't post shit that monetarily benefits me; I never have in the 8 years I have been on the forums, and I probably never will - but if i did, I would be putting it up front in bold lettering. This was supposed to be a simple thread about a fucking Costco deal, but never fear, there are plenty of useless PFA fags that will fuck it up.

Load Metric
    Shut it down Gordo

Load Metric

Unhappy

[QUOTE=Gordman;227020][QUOTE=IamGreek;227017]

1)You post on forums etc so you obviously know some simple mechanics of how the internet works. You could have also done some very simple research that would have debunked your claim in a heartbeat. So yes, you are an idiot. I admit I am computer illiterate, no formal training and 1st forum I've ever posted in after being a lurker for a long time so you win this one.

2) You are copy/pasting another part of the link page which even an 8 year old at this point could understand that it has nothing to do with what I posted.See answer above and I don't even know how to post an avatar or pics so please accept my deficiency. You win based on the fact I am sure any 8 year old knows more about technology than I do.

3) " not a betting man with guys I do not know" .... yeah um....the link wasn't a bet, or remotely close to one. EDIT: oh, my bet about you proving me wrong? You don't know what escrow means, do you?? HAHAHA I win this one. That is and has been my profession for 50 years (Escrow Officer)

4) " I purchased one so you would have been 1/3 of the way there" ....so, after all of your happy horseshit you are spewing, you STILL even took advantage of this offer that I am supposedly "scamming, wagering, and somehow taking advantage of other people signing up" I said thank you, did I not? So I think I won this one

5) Then at the end you decide to INSULT me because I didn't somehow take advantage of other people?!?? I thought I was being funny and you would take that as part of the apology I offered in my response. We both lose.

OK so as I see things we have a draw. I apologized and am sorry that you did not accept it. I have to tell you though that I (and others here probably) resent the phrase of "PFA fags".

(IamGreek sitting in corner now--damn I wish I new how to post a pic here)
    Last edited by IamGreek; 02-06-2014 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Cuz I don't know what the fuck I'm doing

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    this is a good deal. costco has some great stuff

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    does this work in the great white north of Canadia or US only?

Or are the memberships cross-border?

Im not sure, but I did call my local store to verify for a friend that this promotion was going to be good for that store so there wouldn't be any hiccups for him

While the administration lady hadn't heard about this particular deal, she did say that if someone was purchasing it online like this, it should be good in any costco store. I didn't know they had costco in canada, but maybe just call the store and speak with the admin and see? i don't know

Load Metric
    five minutes left and i DID NOT GET SHUTOUT

thanks gordman

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    five minutes left and i DID NOT GET SHUTOUT

thanks gordman

No problem buddy, glad I could help!

Thread Information