Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just tried Taco Bell's Doritos Locos

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Just tried Taco Bell's Doritos Locos

I know these have been out for like a month, but I just tried them today.

My verdict: Decent, but nothing special.

They were $1.29 each, which is 30 cents more than the regular taco.

Tasted a little bit better than the regular taco. 30% better? I don't know.

Load Metric
    This is a level right???? you didn't really put one of those in your mouth????
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    "This is a level right???? you didn't really put one of those in your mouth????" -The early beta testers for Pac-Man left much to be desired

Load Metric
    I had pretty much the same reaction. I want my Doritos Locos to be made of an actual Doritos. Not sprinkled with Doritos flavoring.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Just eat some Doritos while you munch down the regular taco- problem solved. The Doritos Locos is obv a scam as it lacks all the delicious MSG yumminess of actual Doritos.
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post
    Just eat some Doritos while you munch down the regular taco- problem solved. The Doritos Locos is obv a scam as it lacks all the delicious MSG yumminess of actual Doritos.
    That is my thought every time I see that commercial where the guy drove 800 miles to try one. It is obv just a feeble attempt w/that chick, she is pretty hot, though.

I like the crunchy taco, no change to the original needed.
    Last edited by JimmyG_415; 04-20-2012 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Chick is pretty hot

Load Metric
    Volcano taco still the best.
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I don't really think you're thinking about this correctly, Druff. Say something tastes decent and is one penny, and something else tastes slightly better, but is two pennies. You should probably get the thing that costs 2 pennies even though it's twice as much without being twice as good. That's because the increase in value to you is greater than 1 penny. Maybe item A is worth $3.29 to you and item B is worth $3.65. If items A is being sold for $0.01 and item B is being sold for $0.02, it makes more logical sense to get item B.

Having said that, the biggest scam out there is the McDonalds Double Cheeseburger. Anybody who orders that is a big fish. The McDouble is $1 and the Double Cheseburger is $1.39. The only difference between the two is the Double Cheseburger has an extra piece of cheese.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    PLOL is one of, if not THE, leading fast food/chain restaurant strategists in the poker community. Everything from maximizing customer rewards to optimal in-store seating strategy, when this twink talks of topics from Taco Tico to tall toffee nut lattes, his words carry the weight of a man 3 times his size, at least.

BTW, McDouble's been off the menu from the McD's around me for a year or so, I think.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Taco Time Fish taco in a crunchy shell is god.

They have been around here for a long time they suck imo

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post

I don't really think you're thinking about this correctly, Druff. Say something tastes decent and is one penny, and something else tastes slightly better, but is two pennies. You should probably get the thing that costs 2 pennies even though it's twice as much without being twice as good. That's because the increase in value to you is greater than 1 penny. Maybe item A is worth $3.29 to you and item B is worth $3.65. If items A is being sold for $0.01 and item B is being sold for $0.02, it makes more logical sense to get item B.

Having said that, the biggest scam out there is the McDonalds Double Cheeseburger. Anybody who orders that is a big fish. The McDouble is $1 and the Double Cheseburger is $1.39. The only difference between the two is the Double Cheseburger has an extra piece of cheese.
    it depends if it's a real slice of cheese or a cheese flavored slice and
    actually the name is misleading it should be called a Doublecheese Burger
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I get those Doritos Locos from time to time. They seem bigger than the regular tacos and for some strange reason I like that Doritos sleeve they come in, they always try to get me to make the tacos supreme, I've declined so far. Supreme is 1.69 I believe, to steep of a price hike for sour cream imo.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post
    I think you're correct. How do you this shit?

The first time I drove up to a Taco Bell drive-thru menu, I noticed tacos were only .99. I ignored the rest of the menu and ordered 6 tacos with a coke.

Twenty minutes later I had to race home to take a 4-Alarm Dump.

I've never been back.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post

You're right, but I was just speaking in terms of the budget-conscious fast food orderer. I will probably still get the Doritos Locos instead of the regular taco, just because I did like it a little bit better.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Speaking of burger values, who remembers the Big n Tasty at McDonalds?

It was only 99 cents, and it was a quarter pound burger.

Oddly enough, the Quarter Pounder burger was like $3.29. The Big Mac, with 2 patties that totaled to equal 1/4 pound, was also substantially more expensive than the Big n Tasty.

The only way the Big n Tasty was inferior was that it only came with lettuce and tomato (I think cheese might have been a little extra), but I always like my burgers plain, so it was a no-brainer to order this one.

I worked right by a McDonald's at the time, so I ordered the Big n Tasty often.

Later, I found it vanished from the menu, and it turned out that a whole lot of people thought just like me, and it was destroying McDonalds' profits.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    By the way, if you do the drive-thru thing in fast food places, and just take the stuff home, there is an easy way to save money every time.

Just don't get a drink, and use your own drinks at home.

The drinks are marked up big time, even when they're part of a so-called value meal.

Let's say you want a burger, large fries, and a large drink. If you just order the burger and fries separately, and forego the drink, you'll typically save something like 75 cents. Unless you really have the need for a 32-ounce drink, you can just drink the same thing at home for much cheaper.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    At McDonalds your not getting scammed on the burgers, your getting scammed on the fries and drinks.

The markup on a burgers is about 50% and the markup on the fries and soft drinks is about 97%.

There's a reason they ask Do you want fries with that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    At McDonalds your not getting scammed on the burgers, your getting scammed on the fries and drinks.

The markup on a burgers is about 50% and the markup on the fries and soft drinks is about 97%.

There's a reason they ask Do you want fries with that?
    McDonald's fries are the best thing on the menu, and I can't make them myself, so I don't mind if that has a huge markup.

However, their Pepsi is the same Pepsi I can drink at home, so there's no reason to buy that unless I'm eating it there.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Speaking of burger values, who remembers the Big n Tasty at McDonalds?

It was only 99 cents, and it was a quarter pound burger.

Oddly enough, the Quarter Pounder burger was like $3.29. The Big Mac, with 2 patties that totaled to equal 1/4 pound, was also substantially more expensive than the Big n Tasty.

The only way the Big n Tasty was inferior was that it only came with lettuce and tomato (I think cheese might have been a little extra), but I always like my burgers plain, so it was a no-brainer to order this one.

I worked right by a McDonald's at the time, so I ordered the Big n Tasty often.

Later, I found it vanished from the menu, and it turned out that a whole lot of people thought just like me, and it was destroying McDonalds' profits.
    They now have a burger called the McDouble Daily or something like that which is basically like the double cheeseburger they sell for $1 but it includes lettuce, tomato, and mayo for 89 cent more which is such a ripoff when you could buy two double cheese burgers for just a dime more plus tax.

I rarely go to McDonald's maybe twice a year but I do like the egg sausage and cheese mcmuffins, however, the last time I actually went to get one they were $3.29 each while you could just get a Sausage and Cheese McMuffin without the egg for $1.00. Again, LOL @ McDonald's charging you $2.29 more for just an egg.
    Last edited by BeerAndPoker; 04-20-2012 at 09:04 PM.

Thread Information