• John Makdessi vs. Alan Patrick
    • Chris Cariaso vs. Danny Martinez
    • Nick Catone vs. Tom Watson
    • Al Iaquinta vs. Kevin Lee

UFC Fight Pass Prelims

• Clint Hester vs. Andy Enz
    • Tony Martin vs. Rashid Magomedov
    • Neil Magny vs. Gasan Umalatov

I don't know if Faber will win this, but I like watching him fight regardless. Horsemeat peed clean? First time for everything I suppose. Mir should have his way with him. Varner fight should be a barn burner.

Comments

simpdog: awesome post with vids. How all UFC cards should be posted

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Looking forward to this one since I'm a big fan of Aldo and Barao. I've always like Urijah Faber but I see him going down once again in a title fight.

This is a big fight for Overeem because another shit performance and Dana may fire his ass.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Horsemeat peed clean? First time for everything I suppose. Mir should have his way with him.
    Supposedly, Overeem has been in Thailand training for better cardio and that is why he is so much smaller. I saw a pic and he has lost a lot of muscle mass. He looks about the same size as when he fought Liddell in Pride. I agree that non-roided Reem is no match for TRT'd Mir.

Load Metric
    Someone post the lines on this card.

Load Metric
    Name:  download.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  33.9 KB

Those prices they have for Mir and Faber both look pretty good. If Mir decides to take Overeem down and not stand like a dumbass he should be able to win relatively easy. I think that Faber should be a bigger dog, but I think given the improvement he's made since they brought Ludwig to Alpha Male he can win also.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Horsemeat peed clean? First time for everything I suppose. Mir should have his way with him.
    Supposedly, Overeem has been in Thailand training for better cardio and that is why he is so much smaller. I saw a pic and he has lost a lot of muscle mass. He looks about the same size as when he fought Liddell in Pride. I agree that non-roided Reem is no match for TRT'd Mir.
    Lots of people on message boards claiming that Rheem was much smaller from pictures awhile back, which now was debunked at weighin. Just another reason why its stupid to try and judge these things based off of pics. Rheem coming it at nearly 260 pounds.

Name:  frank-mir-alistair-overeem.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  66.5 KB
    Last edited by BetCheckBet; 02-01-2014 at 10:52 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    To be fair, note how in the weigh-ins how Overeem stepped on the scale with his jeans and shoes on to inflate that number closer to the max.

Load Metric
    it's not that Reem is that much smaller but his muscle mass is definitely not what it was for the Lesnar fight

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Overeem's win over Lesnar was his only one since coming to UFC. He can be very careless and is his own worst enemy as we all have seen.

Because of this it sure looks like we have value on Mir but I think Juice boy takes this seriously and gets it done knowing his UFC career will be over if he don't win or at least give a great effort.

Load Metric
    it's not that Reem is that much smaller but his muscle mass is definitely not what it was for the Lesnar fight
    I believe both reem & Lesnar had to cut to make weight @ 265. Reem is obviously smaller since he didn't cut weight this time.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    To be fair, note how in the weigh-ins how Overeem stepped on the scale with his jeans and shoes on to inflate that number closer to the max.
    pretty sure reem always wears his jeans and shoes at every single weigh-ins, just as a lot of heavyweights used to (such as Fedor).

In my opinion, all y'all who think Mir has this locked up are seriously deluding themselves as to what Reem can still do, and what Mir cannot do.

edit: reem in jeans at the Lesnar weigh-in

Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 02-01-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Load Metric
    Mir has no chance against Reem. He wont make it out of the 1st round. Like 0.0

I like Faber and Lamas. Faber has to not break anything and he has a chance. The problem is he always breaks something.

Im not really sure how good Lamas is, but Aldo is looking past this fight to Pettis and vacating the belt. It doesnt mean he wont kill Lamas but I think its a bad spot for him. There has also been some question if hes heathly right now.

Im pretty hyped for this card especially the Faber fight. If Faber wins watch how fast Cruz will heal to fight him. I dont think he wanted any part of Barao.

Load Metric
    Which means hes smaller. Dont they teach this stuff down in alabamer?

Load Metric
    sorry, are we pretending that mir is going to survive the first 20 seconds of his back against the fence?

how quaint.

Comments

shortbuspoker: I choose to believe that Mir has learned his lesson and will try not to get put on the cage. Plus he's on the TRT know so maybe he's stronger.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    because you know, its not like mir has the worst clinch game in the sport and reem has the best in the sport.

or anything.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    STFU and get some reading comprehension skills you idiot. In case you didn't make it past the 6th grade, which is plausible from your posts, "that much smaller" speaks to the degree of size difference thus acknowledging that there is a size difference. Of course, I could post that ice is cold and your faggot ass will find a way to disagree.

Load Metric
    the only thing mir has going for him in this is his TRT exception, so if he can roid out the first 30 seconds he might be able to end this with an uppercut.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

STFU and get some reading comprehension skills you idiot. In case you didn't make it past the 6th grade, which is plausible from your posts, "that much smaller" speaks to the degree of size difference thus acknowledging that there is a size difference. Of course, I could post that ice is cold and your faggot ass will find a way to disagree.
    A 6th grade education in the midwest is about the same as 12th grade down south. Theres a reason we choose to live in shitty weather. If the south had any type of education we would all live there. When your kids can barely read in middle school just look at the bright side you have good weather. Im definitely jealous of that.

Comments

shortbuspoker: are you a Dirty B dupe?

Load Metric
    Jamie Varner -125

Alan Patrick +110

Chris Cariaso -165

Nick Catone +125

Thread Information