Thread: Scam Job Emails

Load Metric

Scam Job Emails

Curious, I keep getting forms of these job inquiries, this one seems a bit more subtle (usually all they inquire about is if you have a bank account and if you will process checks and accept packages), but basically I assume you end processing stolen credit cards for these "mystery shopper" guys or accepting fraudulent checks? anyone actually responded to one of these ever?

-----------------
    Greetings!
    Eaxxgle Exxye Rxxetail Ixxntelligence has a long standing background and history within the convenience store industry. Our founder worked her way up corporately in several of the nations top convenience store brands, and when she founded Eagle Eye her experience helped our services stand out. This foundation has lent itself well to other retail sectors. Eagle Eye Retail Intelligence works best with quick service establishments with large presence in a particular region of the country. Examples are convenience stores, grocery chains, fast food chains or quick service food chains, coffee chains, etc.

JOB REQUIREMENTS:

1) Computer with internet connection
    2) Ability to fill out a report online and share experience
    3) Has access to scanner or fax
    4) Has Microsoft Excel
    5) Possess the skills to navigate a Microsoft Excel workbook.

Please send resume for consideration, this assignment is something that is on-going. New routes come every week.

Send your resume to our hr departament by mailbox:

Load Metric
    ok, here is a good UN article on all of this, as suspected these job inquires are used to launder money. Interesting tie in to poker, online gaming in general and bitcoin. The article came out before Sheep market (someone here posted about Sheep, very interesting story) and a Costa Rica payment processing operation that was shut down last year (it reads like bitcoin today).

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1310/1310.2368.pdf

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I got something of the same sort last year. They ended up sending me a check for $3500 and some change and asked me to cash it and send 50% of it back. I knew better than to really do it but they used invisible ink on the check. I woke up the next day and the check was blank after already filled out.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The check scam is a popular one. I have a friend that is a manager of a bank and he said they get a bunch of those all the time which if people don't have the money in their account to cover it then they put a hold on it until it clears which these checks never will but for those who have the money then they can take the cash out and send them a cashiers check or money order for half on something that will bounce 100%.

I've been around the internet for a long time along and also have seen several mail order type of scams so I usually can figure out how one works very quickly. Almost all work at home jobs are scams on some level. The company might get you to send them a certain application fee then you either don't hear from them again or they send you some complicated packet of papers to fill back out just to try make it look legit,etc... In the end your going to be frustrated, out money, and will have wasted your time.

I remember some old school mail scheme from back in the day where the ad says "How to get one million people to send you $5. Learn my easy method plus proof it really works, send to: address". Well that one is a no brainer your to do the same advertising of this chain letter type scheme and the proof they give you is "see, you sent me $5 and now people will send that to you".

That was a popular one along with the five names on a piece of paper and you send $1 to each person removing the top one off the list and bumping everyone up a spot putting yourself at the bottom. I got that chain letter a few hundred times in the mail back in the day when I was doing various marketing stuff.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I also get a bunch of emails like that, I just marked it as spam and move it to the trash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

I remember some old school mail scheme from back in the day where the ad says "How to get one million people to send you $5. Learn my easy method plus proof it really works, send to: address". Well that one is a no brainer your to do the same advertising of this chain letter type scheme and the proof they give you is "see, you sent me $5 and now people will send that to you".
    Reminds me of the "lifelike copper portrait of Abraham Lincoln" for $25 which of course was a penny. The best I ever saw was in the back of Popular Science. It was an ad for a solar powered clothes dryer with the schematics and building materials for something crazy like $250 which of course turned out to be a clothes line and clothes pins(pure genius imo).

Thread Information