Thread: Doug McDermott

Load Metric

Doug McDermott

When is the last time we saw a white kid dominate college bball like Doug? 24 pts 7 boards and shooting nearly 50%. Obv faces all the typical whiteboy challenges for the next level like tweener size, not very quick, questions about D/softness.
    Funny thing I read before the season started... he gave up his scholarship to another recruit and his father, their head coach, is paying his sons tuition this year. Lol...nothing to see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    Reminds me of Wally Szczerbiak. Same position. Similar size. Similar scorer. Can't recall how Wally rebounded in college. Szczerbiak had a more NBA-ready body than this kid, and as you said, it didn't translate that well. He had close to a 10 year career, but disappointing for a lottery pick.

Load Metric
    Kids also been a winner his whole life. Played on same HS team as Harrison Barnes and two other D1ers in Bubu Palo and Andrew Burgason that went undefeated two years in a row and was ranked no. 1 in the nation his senior year. Hes projected mid first round so hopefully he lands on a team that can develop him into a solid role player

Comments

LegalizeMeth: dropping knowledge rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    Yeah, it's much better for him if he falls to an established team. He's going to really struggle guarding the athletic wings in the league. Even on the college level, he's more slick rather than a guy who can create his own shot. In the NBA, he's more of a guy who will have to hang on the perimeter for open looks and be opportunistic and back down smaller players when he gets a guard on him. Fun player to watch, and he's a coach's kid so he's heady as hell, but his best spot in being a contributor on a good team rather than a go to guy imo.

Comments

varys: greatwhitehope rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Reminds me of Wally Szczerbiak. Same position. Similar size. Similar scorer. Can't recall how Wally rebounded in college. Szczerbiak had a more NBA-ready body than this kid, and as you said, it didn't translate that well. He had close to a 10 year career, but disappointing for a lottery pick.
    Def the first name that came to mind after watching him. There have been some very good white guys in college hoops the past 10 or so years and Kevin Love is about the only one who has panned out as an elite player. That said I think Doug will be able to score at the next level but as someone posted he will prob get eaten up on defense but we will see. He sure can score and knows how to get open. Should be fun watching them possibly make a run in the ncaas

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Def the first name that came to mind after watching him. There have been some very good white guys in college hoops the past 10 or so years and Kevin Love is about the only one who has panned out as an elite player. That said I think Doug will be able to score at the next level but as someone posted he will prob get eaten up on defense but we will see. He sure can score and knows how to get open. Should be fun watching them possibly make a run in the ncaas
    i have been a Creighton fan for a long time since I am from Omaha, and Dougie is a better version of Kyle Korver, who is still in the NBA(almost a 10 year veteran).

Load Metric
    Makes me think of Steve Nash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    Makes me think of Steve Nash.

He's a 6'7 SF and an average ballhandler. It's very Canadian of you to think of Nash.

Load Metric
    I think its funny how he is only compared to white guys. Oh and for the record he's the best player in college basketball. Not to say he will be the best pro but he is the player of the year as of now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    I think its funny how he is only compared to white guys. Oh and for the record he's the best player in college basketball. Not to say he will be the best pro but he is the player of the year as of now.
    he is being compared to other white guys because he doesnt have the electric athleticism and quickness you see in most star basketball players and most of the good ones that fit that mold were white like Wally, Casey Jacobson, Adam Morrison etc... There is no doubt the guy can score

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    he is being compared to other white guys because he doesnt have the electric athleticism and quickness you see in most star basketball players and most of the good ones that fit that mold were white like Wally, Casey Jacobson, Adam Morrison etc... There is no doubt the guy can score
    I'm sure he will be labeled with a "high motor" a "gym rat" and all the other white guy sayings going into the draft.

Comments

varys: I'mrich white guy crying racism=gtfo

Henry: "high motor" lol too true

LegalizeMeth: dont forget gritty and gutty

Load Metric
    lol. I'm not crying racism. I was just saying its funny. I couldn't give a fuck less.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Is that Jimmer kid doing anything in the nba?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Is that Jimmer kid doing anything in the nba?
    Yes, having difficulty playing defense and getting himself open

Thread Information