Thread: Voting a player off table online

Load Metric

Voting a player off table online

I had a flashback today while playing - I just can't remember the site or how long ago that was.

Wasn't there a way to vote a player off a poker table back in the day?

If that player was playing too slow, being a moron in chat or just plain winning. Didn't matter. Players cast a negative vote. If a certain number was reached he was history.

Was that PokerRoom?

Load Metric
    heard of it being used on uk tv cash games but not on an actual online site

Comments

Crowe Diddly: Maple Leafs Fan Avatar rep

Load Metric
    Like my poker game, my interweb skills are fishy. Found this. Don't know how old it is and no reference to specific site.

Differences in Online and Offline Etiquette
    http://www.netplaces.com/online-poke...-etiquette.htm

When players want to vote someone off the table, you will see the player's screen name and how many votes have been cast against them in the chat box. To mute or vote off a player, simply click on their avatar and a window will open offering you the option of muting their chat or voting them out of the game.

I've played every third world poker site you can imagine over past 10 years. I can't even begin to remember them all.

This sounds exactly as I remember it. This was back when chat was unmoderated and wild.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Pretty sure it was pokerroom.com. It's an option which seems appropriate for people constantly tanking but some people will abuse it such as trying to kick a guy off who is crushing or verbally ranting in chat which most of the people who rant are on tilt now after losing a pot from a bad beat or unlucky spot so why try to get them kicked off?

Comments

pavoe: That is correct sir! Pokerroom.com

Sanlmar: Thx for ending my suffering. Thx for confirmation Pavoe!

rum dick: pokerroom rep

Load Metric
    I remember PokerRoom fondly.

I have a vague memory of almost daily rakeback. Was always checking my account for found money.

I also recollect having to move on from PokerRoom fairly early - seems well before UIGA. I have such a horrible sense of time. One big long game, for sure.

I don't remember too much abuse - or rather the abuse was usually pretty funny. There were always endless tables so who cared.

There were a few players who hurt me pretty good at $25-50. Many times I slammed the mouse screaming, "how do you make that call?" Now I can answer that question. Guys were ahead of there time - or ahead of my game.

I haven't played that big for years now.

The good old days...
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 01-23-2014 at 09:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I didn't play on PokerRoom that much but I do remember one time this guy who was a mega fish bought in several times and kept going off in chat the people were trying to get him off the table because he was annoying typing in all caps, cursing everyone out,etc... It's really hard to say in chat "STFU guys this person is a guppie whose making the game".

This type of experience only happened to me a few times and normally I don't remember these type of things but this guy wasn't like your one and done type of fish and not even your two and gets a clue but he probably bought in 7 or 8 times at the very minimum while a few people wanted him off the table a few buy ins before he left.

Load Metric
    I don't think kicking the fish off the table would happen today - for any reason - at any stakes, from 1c2c on up.

Your average freeroll player is better than people were back then.

So the fish may have gotten bounced but the other players weren't too advanced either apparently.

I was just thinking today that chat is dead. It used to be a much bigger part of the game.

Thread Information