Thread: Holy shit fuck eBay.

Load Metric

Holy shit fuck eBay.

10% listing fee on top of the 3% PayPal charge?

I cant even wrap my head around that, how long has that been there?

Comments

Daly: Fuck E-Bay in the ass Rep
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Banned
    Load Metric
    That eBay debilitates auto immune function has been common knowledge for years, braw.

EDIT: Also, PayPal is known to cause cell mutations, so watch yourself out there.
    Last edited by SrslySirius; 01-20-2014 at 11:31 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    eBay fees are insane. I made a nice sum of money about 13-15 years ago with them but gave up when they started hiking up rates making it not worth it to me anymore.

The rates were trending up horribly in that era and ever since have got way out of control which is why some people who would sell on eBay take the risk of being mugged selling on craigslist.

What is sad is that eBay runs a fucking monopoly and has for years. Despite the fact people bitch about the rate increases they continue to sell on the site. As much as it pains me to say it eBay knows how to extract max value from sellers which is extremely smart of them.

Load Metric
    I met a guy who works for eBay and he said if he wanted to sell something he'd never use eBay. Tells you all you need to know.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    I met a guy who works for eBay and he said if he wanted to sell something he'd never use eBay. Tells you all you need to know.
    Did he say how he would sell instead?

The fact that they charge final value fees on shipping is so wrong.

Load Metric
    Not to mention they auto take the side of the buyer if there is even the slightest problem. Also not to mention PayPal can and will freeze your balance for as much as 60 days if you sell some stuff out of the blue.

Two plus years ago I wanted to maximize selling a bunch of gold and silver coins and people were paying a solid 20% over spot value on ebay. I got fucked over for $800 from one guy in Chicago who said they never received the coins even though someone at his house signed for them. And then because of that and the fact that I didnt have a long selling history they froze $7K that I collected form the sales for 60 days.

Fuck E-Bay. Fuck them right in the ass. I'll never do business with them again.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Scam seller are fucking gross too. Bought a pilot script and was charged 15 for shipping and the mook paid 3-4 to ship.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: "and handling" rep

Load Metric
    And while we are at it - fuck the scam buyers too. I had a bunch of auctions where I was selling something and I'd get payment withing 2 minutes of closing with an extra $50 thrown in asking if I could deliver it within 12-24 hours. Sure enough 24-48 hours later I'd get a note from e-bay/PayPal not to ship anything to this seller and they are going to reverse the credit to my account. Thankfully I never sent anything until it was 100% cleared but this happened to me 3 different times.

Thread Information