Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Denver vs Seattle

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Personally I always thought the Superbowl should be played on Saturday. Nobody works on Sunday so they have it to stay out real late and recover while some might not be able to get Monday off.

I know the tradition is Sunday and a lot has to do with TV ratings which bring in the gold for the NFL but it's the Superbowl so ratings are not going to suffer and other revenue streams such as bar/restaurant sales, grocery sales (more beer will be bought), etc. will go up if people have less commitments the following day.

Regardless, the game will be played next Sunday and you can put everything you have on that.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Saturday Superbowls FTW

Load Metric
    I like the Broncos here (unless it is a blizzard), mainly for all the cliche reasons, i guess. Might be Peytons last chance for a 2nd ring, and he will be the best player on the field. Ref's might play a role of course, and I'd lean towards them starting to flag the D for the clutchy-grabby shit if Peyton starts complaining about it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I love a cold weather SB.

I always want the more physical team, and that NFC game was on another level.

Hoping it gets to seattle +3. Peyton threw for 400 yards and it was all short shit. I can't think of a team better suited to stop that than the Seahawks. They just have so much defensive speed. I don't see that team getting beat by a bunch of pick plays, which is Denver's offense. Peyton's arm is really weak at this point and he's floating everything. He's a genius and getting away with it because he's a step ahead and has perfect placement, but not in bad weather against that defense. My only worry is one of the Seahawks flunking a random PED test or getting arrested before the game.

There was some insane stat I saw earlier in the year. It was like tds thrown when the pass was less then 5 yards. Manning was so far ahead of everyone. The funny thing was the guy was crediting PM when to me it said more about their scheme or their wrs. I know PM is the best at changing the play at the line but from a pure passing stand point I dont think its a flattering stat for a qb. He had like 5x the next person so I see your point with that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I love a cold weather SB.

I always want the more physical team, and that NFC game was on another level.

Hoping it gets to seattle +3. Peyton threw for 400 yards and it was all short shit. I can't think of a team better suited to stop that than the Seahawks. They just have so much defensive speed. I don't see that team getting beat by a bunch of pick plays, which is Denver's offense. Peyton's arm is really weak at this point and he's floating everything. He's a genius and getting away with it because he's a step ahead and has perfect placement, but not in bad weather against that defense. My only worry is one of the Seahawks flunking a random PED test or getting arrested before the game.

There was some insane stat I saw earlier in the year. It was like tds thrown when the pass was less then 5 yards. Manning was so far ahead of everyone. The funny thing was the guy was crediting PM when to me it said more about their scheme or their wrs. I know PM is the best at changing the play at the line but from a pure passing stand point I dont think its a flattering stat for a qb. He had like 5x the next person so I see your point with that.
    But I wonder how many of those were plays that started inside the 5? I bet a lot.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    While he may have thrown a lot of short tds he threw some bombs as well. When you throw 55 tds your prob going to lead in most areas whether long or short

Load Metric
    I'm surprised by how many people are picking Seattle. I guess the recent examples of the Giants upsetting the Patriots twice is sticking in people's minds. I don't think this situation is all that similar.

A lot has been made of the 5 Super Bowls in which the top defense has faced the top offense. This sample size isn't large enough to really tell us anything. But beyond that, those teams with the top defenses also had good offenses. Here are the QBs of those teams: Starr, Bradshaw, Montana, Simms. Bradshaw won his game 35-31, not what I would call a defensive game. To me cherry-picking a small amount of this "historical" info is meaningless.

I'm not sure if even 47 Super Bowls is a large enough sample size, but... Here are the scores of every Super Bowl: http://www.superbowlhistory.net/superbowl/scores.php

From this you can see that Super Bowls have averged 46 total points/game. The long-term NFL trend for all games is 45 points/game. There are ups and downs but that is the long term trend. We are in an up trend in scoring right now due to rule changes but it will swing back down. There was a huge explosion of offense in the 40s, but the 70s were relatively lower scoring. There are just as many Super Bowls where offense took over as there are those where defense took over. So to me the old adage that "defense wins championships" is simply untrue. You can win them with offense or with defense but it is best to have at least some of both.

I'm not knocking Russell Wilson because I think he has tremendous talent, but he has made some really dumb decisions due to inexperience and over-reliance on his scrambling ability. His last 6-8 weeks have been horrible, and that's not going to get it done in this game. Denver's defense, lackluster during the regular season, has brought it to another level during the playoffs. Seattle's defense is good, but Denver is not San Francisco or even New Orleans. Denver has more weapons than anybody in the passing game and can run the ball too. Seattle thrives on pressuring the QB and sticking to receivers like glue, but pressure is negated when a QB releases quickly like Manning does, and Seattle doesn't have enough DBs to cover all of Denver's weapons on every play (unless they play a dime the whole game, in which case Manning will check to a run and gash them on the ground), and Denver is famous for pick plays that do a good job of taking DBs off the receivers.

I think it will be a good game but Denver will win.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    This is a major problem. If they want it in cold weather than I have no problem there. But they should deal with the elements. It would make for some awesome tv if it is a super bowl blizzard
    I know the NFL doesn't care, but how this will have a negative effect on businesses alone throughout the country is extreme arrogance on their part. This should not even be a consideration. I doubt it will happen, but the fact that this is a possibility is absurd.

I'm sure Dana White isn't happy about it either.
    This is probably the most overblown story about the upcoming super bowl. The game is being played Sunday with a kickoff of 6:18, and you can lock that shit up. 2-6-10 inches of snow throughout the course of the day isn't going to delay this game. Its going to need to be a 12 inch or greater Snowmageddon event for them to even start to consider it. Forget about the fans, forget about the players.... nobody in the league office gives a shit about any of that. It's all about the Tens of Millions of dollars in TV Advertising that's going to drive this decision. If they move the game all those TV Ad contracts get changed..... no fucking way in hell are they going to fuck with that.

Comments

Deal: Voice of reason

Load Metric
    Fuck the game - you guys need to pay attention to the important stuff.....

Under 32 Degrees at kickoff
    Under 28 Degrees During game
    Reference to #1 Seattle D more then Denver #1 Offense
    Under 27.5 "Omahas" by Peyton Manning (Already regret this one)
    Under 2 times "Beast Mode" be said during the game?
    Renee Fleming Over 2:25 national anthem
    Yes Renee Fleming will wear gloves while singing the national anthem
    Renee Fleming will NOT forget or omit at least 1 word of the official US National Anthem?\
    Yes Knowshon Moreno cry during the signing of the National Anthem
    Not more then 114 Million Viewers for the halftime show (this clown aint beating Madonna)
    Yes one of the Red Hot Chili Peppers being shirtless (half unit on this one)
    Bruno Mars will wear a Fedora to start the show
    Yes Bruno Mars and the Red Hot Chili Peppers play a song on stage at the same time
    More Interceptions then Henrik Zetterberg Points vs Washington
    Jeff Green Total Points vs Orlando > Wilson Completions

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

But I wonder how many of those were plays that started inside the 5? I bet a lot.
    After I posted I thought about it more and it was tds over x yards. I cant remember the yards but it took out the short td passes.

Load Metric
    kind of a long read but very very intresting.

http://spaces.covers.com/blog/Maximu...or-Profit.html

Comments

Sanlmar: Fun read. Threadworthy.

Load Metric
    Surprised the multitude of Seahawks suspensions for PED's hasn't been blown up yet.

Would set more of a stage for the 'good vs. evil' narrative that will inevitably emerge.

Go Seahawks regardless. Living out west has made me hate the Broncos and their fans quick.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Surprised the multitude of Seahawks suspensions for PED's hasn't been blown up yet.

Would set more of a stage for the 'good vs. evil' narrative that will inevitably emerge.

Go Seahawks regardless. Living out west has made me hate the Broncos and their fans quick.

Don't worry, they have two weeks to begin boring us with repetitions and I am sure this story will be one of them.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Von Miller, one of the best players on the Broncos defense, served a 6 game suspension for PEDs this year. He tore his ACL late in the year and isn't playing in the Super Bowl, but the Broncos as an organization are not squeaky clean.

Comments

varys: one of?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    Von Miller, one of the best players on the Broncos defense, served a 6 game suspension for PEDs this year. He tore his ACL late in the year and isn't playing in the Super Bowl, but the Broncos as an organization are not squeaky clean.
    Didnt it come out that his suspension was for not complying with required drug treatment due to dropping dirty for pot last year?
    Maybe it was peds but im pretty sure something like this is what happened
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post

Didnt it come out that his suspension was for not complying with required drug treatment due to dropping dirty for pot last year?

I assumed that he cheated on the pee test because of PEDs. Upon further review it is believed to have been regular old drugs. My point is that besides Manning, they're not a bunch of choir boys.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Fuck the game - you guys need to pay attention to the important stuff.....

Under 32 Degrees at kickoff
    Under 28 Degrees During game
    Reference to #1 Seattle D more then Denver #1 Offense
    Under 27.5 "Omahas" by Peyton Manning (Already regret this one)
    Under 2 times "Beast Mode" be said during the game?
    Renee Fleming Over 2:25 national anthem
    Yes Renee Fleming will wear gloves while singing the national anthem
    Renee Fleming will NOT forget or omit at least 1 word of the official US National Anthem?\
    Yes Knowshon Moreno cry during the signing of the National Anthem
    Not more then 114 Million Viewers for the halftime show (this clown aint beating Madonna)
    Yes one of the Red Hot Chili Peppers being shirtless (half unit on this one)
    Bruno Mars will wear a Fedora to start the show
    Yes Bruno Mars and the Red Hot Chili Peppers play a song on stage at the same time
    More Interceptions then Henrik Zetterberg Points vs Washington
    Jeff Green Total Points vs Orlando > Wilson Completions
    Some of these are hard to judge.

What counts as an Omaha? Usually Manning had been saying "Omaha! HUH" and the snap would come on the HUH. But against the Patriots he changed it up a bit, sometimes saying "OmaHUH" with the snap coming right then. He especially did this near the goal line. Would that count?

What's an omission in the national anthem? Almost all of them mispronounce "perilous" as pare-ool-us when it should be pare-ill-ous.

Chili peppers bet would be funnier if the bet was offered will one of them come out on stage wearing only a sock on his cock?

Overall I like your bets.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post

I assumed that he cheated on the pee test because of PEDs. Upon further review it is believed to have been regular old drugs. My point is that besides Manning, they're not a bunch of choir boys.
    Dirty rotten cheaters if you ask me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    kind of a long read but very very intresting.

http://spaces.covers.com/blog/Maximu...or-Profit.html
    That's the biggest load of horse shit I've read since the last time I read PFA. Lots of innuendo, zero facts.

Load Metric
    Im not saying it's rigged. I just found it to be an intresting read

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Denver had 200 people sending them off to NY today, Seattle had 30k LOL.

We were there and I'll post the videos later. An incredible scene at the airport today.

http://nesn.com/2014/01/seattle-seah...enver-broncos/

Last edited by tony bagadonuts; 01-26-2014 at 10:14 PM.

Thread Information