Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Borgata Finds "Significant Number of Counterfeit Chips," Cancels Event 1

Load Metric
    Just wanted to see what was up today, and the pokernews livefeed had an interesting message.

Event 1: Play Suspended for 24 Hours

Tournament officials have suspended play in the $2 Million Guaranteed Big Stack No-Limit Hold'em event here at the Borgata Winter Poker Open.

A resolution should be reached by tomorrow, after the conclusion of a 24-hour joint investigation by Borgata officials and the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (NJDGE), said Joe Lupo, Senior Vice President of Operations for Borgata.

"We have reason to believe the tournament was compromised," Lupo said. "There's nothing more important than ensuring the integrity of the tournament. All other tournaments are moving forward with full confidence."

I have a good friend there I am waiting to hear back from, but he wrote one thing, "Borgata Winter Circus"

Sounds like some crazy chip dumping, something scammy went down. All spec obv, but stay tuned, something interesting in the poker world developing it seems.

http://www.pokernews.com/live-report...prelim-events/

Comments

sonatine: you have no good or even bad friends

Load Metric
    Yeb and I are in Atlantic City this week. Just saying!!

Comments

Crowe Diddly: how could you? rep

Load Metric
    Men the master must be at this event.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    No joke my friend just tweeted me back, honestly not ever sure if he is joking but he said

"Yes sir. Fake or stolen chips
    Put in to event 1. They paused day 3 for 24 hours to investigate and identify culprit. Men the master"

"Men the master busted last night in 28th place right before they bagged for the nihht"

he said Men the master too, or is this just the joke? Stillwaiting for reply to that question. Like too hof if true.

Load Metric
    ups double post

Comments

simpdog: double post. LOL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    No joke my friend just tweeted me back, honestly not ever sure if he is joking but he said

"Yes sir. Fake or stolen chips
    Put in to event 1. They paused day 3 for 24 hours to investigate and identify culprit. Men the master"

"Men the master busted last night in 28th place right before they bagged for the nihht"

he said Men the master too, or is this just the joke? Stillwaiting for reply to that question. Like too hof if true.
    I was joking but it wouldn't surprise me.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Here's one of the fake chips. TWO RACKS of these were smuggled in. It boggles the mind that this wasn't caught sooner.

Comments

garrett: The right one is obv fake

Load Metric
    lol eagle eye award goes to garrett

thanks for pointing that out

Comments

Muck Ficon: LOL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    lol eagle eye award goes to garrett

thanks for pointing that out
    What would we do without Garret?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    May not be Men, unless he is playing it cool, or been told by Borgata/officials not to leave the Borgata Property. Friend just said

"Lol just saw men. He's looking for his seat in today's tourny"

We shall see. Surely all eyes are on him.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: s

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    May not be Men, unless he is playing it cool, or been told by Borgata/officials not to leave the Borgata Property. Friend just said

"Lol just saw men. He's looking for his seat in today's tourny"

We shall see. Surely all eyes are on him.

Name:  oub7ybr.png
Views: 1904
Size:  128.4 KB

Load Metric
    Woah apparently the AP just ran story.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/fake-...-poker-tourney

""The Division of Gaming Enforcement and New Jersey State Police are aware of a situation involving counterfeit chips," said Lisa Spengler a spokeswoman for the gaming enforcement division. "The matter is currently under investigation." She declined further comment.

Somebody is going to jail, and most likely will be banned from A.C and every other MGM/Boyd property in the world. If it was Men surely Borgata would have ruled him out rather quick, not saying it isnt, but my freind said hes seated and playing right now in front of hundreds of other players.

That place would literally erupt if Men was handcuffed and detained for cheating.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: "place would literally erupt" neg-rep

Load Metric
    there were over 4,800 entries and you think Men is the only person who would try something like this?

If the rumors are correct and they are all 5k chips that would be two racks, pretty sure it's going to turn out to be a group of about 20 players all adding chips here and there. Easiest way imo would be when you sit at a new table.

Also, the chances the cameras catch anything are pretty slim. tourney's like this are held in convention halls and such, and the chips have no real value, so far less scrutiny.

Comments

lewfather: hows your boy jasep doing?
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    there were over 4,800 entries and you think Men is the only person who would try something like this?

If the rumors are correct and they are all 5k chips that would be two racks, pretty sure it's going to turn out to be a group of about 20 players all adding chips here and there. Easiest way imo would be when you sit at a new table.

Also, the chances the cameras catch anything are pretty slim. tourney's like this are held in convention halls and such, and the chips have no real value, so far less scrutiny.

In any 4800 person group, Men would be the most likely to try this in approximately all of them.

Comments

ThreeBet: LOL
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

In any 4800 person group, Men would be the most likely to try this in approximately all of them.
    Not to mention he already has a group of 20+ working with him already in place for such a scam.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Not his style
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Not his style? You mean he changed his m.o. since the last time he tried this exact scam?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Banned
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Here's one of the fake chips. TWO RACKS of these were smuggled in. It boggles the mind that this wasn't caught sooner.
    I find it rather scandalous that you're now referring to yourself as a pearl-clutcher on 2+2 without a proper nod to Sonatine for introducing you to that rather obscure expression. I think dropping his name in your next video would be nice.

Comments

sonatine: keeping motherfuckers honest

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    I find it rather scandalous that you're now referring to yourself as a pearl-clutcher on 2+2 without a proper nod to Sonatine for introducing you to that rather obscure expression. I think dropping his name in your next video would be nice.
    I did?!

Comments

BCR:

Thread Information