Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Borgata Finds "Significant Number of Counterfeit Chips," Cancels Event 1

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by haleylh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Wars View Post
    Haley, you are quite correct. I see he is still in a federal prison facility in SC. I wondered about him, did a search for prisoners in NJ and saw that he was "released"...so my bad in reporting that he was out and thanks for the update. But it seems that if did not pirate the DVDs, he would actually be out right now, no? Because the DVD pirating is the federal crime, and the chip counterfeiting was a state offence? If that is correct, he's still getting off lightly for the chip counterfeiting/tourney cheating IMHO.
    I doubt it, but I also can't think doing time in a South Carolina federal prison would be a fun thing. There are multiple possible explanations for why he was sent to SC, and it could be as simple as him having family in NC. There are some other things I'm looking into as well.
    Feds do "try" to put you in a facility within 500 miles of home or immediate family. They also do all kinds of strange things like move prisoners around during audit time. They receive money based on number of inmates at the facility and at times will move prisoners around temporarily to fill facilities to receive maximum dollars for that facility. Unusual to me that they wouldn't move him to FCI Ft Dix which has an attached low security camp to it (unsure if the ones in SC have a camp).

Poker Investigative Journalist
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lvpkr1009 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by haleylh View Post

I doubt it, but I also can't think doing time in a South Carolina federal prison would be a fun thing. There are multiple possible explanations for why he was sent to SC, and it could be as simple as him having family in NC. There are some other things I'm looking into as well.
    Feds do "try" to put you in a facility within 500 miles of home or immediate family. They also do all kinds of strange things like move prisoners around during audit time. They receive money based on number of inmates at the facility and at times will move prisoners around temporarily to fill facilities to receive maximum dollars for that facility. Unusual to me that they wouldn't move him to FCI Ft Dix which has an attached low security camp to it (unsure if the ones in SC have a camp).
    He's in the medium-security facility at Edgefield, not the attached work camp. I've been able to confirm that much.

Poker Investigative Journalist
    Load Metric
    I hemmed and hawed on this one for many weeks and finally decided to share what I think is the strangest little bit of the Lusardi tale. As Druff could vouch, certain stories are a tough call when they involve unusual behaviors. This certainly qualifies. However, I've come to the conclusion, after careful consideration, that Lusardi had demonstrated enough serial-criminal behavior and that enough other people were harmed by his actions that what's in here is open to reporting.

http://www.flushdraw.net/news/cheate...disposal-tale/

Thread Information