Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why legalized marijuana is terrible and going to destroy this country

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by son of lockman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    In an effort to capture market shares, significant R&D will be devoted to creating superstrains of marijuana. The metrics for success will be the intensity of the experience.

1 in 10 people with drivers licenses can be diagnosed as schizophrenic by certain state standards.

With super-pot legal and available to everyone, including the mentally ill, there will be bloody murders. As soon as a mentally ill black kid smears his homeroom with a couple of Uzi's and they find superpot in his system, the middle class will collectively shit itself. There will be 'enhanced sentencing guidelines' like the crack v powder ones in the 80s, you can also expect a calculated erosion of personal privacy rights.

But whats really going to be interesting is when the right wing captures a huge swathe of the center by portraying this initiative as a liberal nightmare unleashed on God fearing Americans who can no longer protect their children.

This could easily turn into Obama's WMD/Iraq.
    sonatine your #ss is dripping buttermilk. Prohibition didn't fly in the 1920s and pot was legal until the mid 1930s. So now we have half the prison population nade up of drug users costing untold billions of dollers each year housing them. Plus tens of billions paying worthless prison guards to watch over them. Cartels make hundrens of billions a year tax free importing this drugs into the United States.

Why not legalize it and tax the crap out of it. Take money and educate a child one hour a day for 12 years on why drugs and alchohol are bad. Teach them family values and respect for others. How to balance a checkbook and apply for employment. In 50 years you could have a revised culture in the United States. And that's just about the amount of time it's taken to sink this country with it's rediculous laws regarding drugs.

And don't blame drugs for murder and violence. Blame the idiots who make this violence with their idiotic ways of viewing the right way to run a society.

''1 in 10 people with drivers licenses can be diagnosed as schizophrenic by certain state standards?'' lol as 1 in 10 can barely read the signs telling them what to do when behind the wheel of a car. As education is so bad.

Do you think these people who would have gone to jail because of pot are now all of a sudden going to become doctors and lawyers? Yeah, the fact that pot was illegal was the only thing holding them back in life.

I agree with tine that the most dangerous thing is changing the current culture/environment/infrastructure. The people and resources involved with that don't just suddenly disappear.

Load Metric
    What blows my mind about it is of all of my liberal/democrat friends (or republican for that matter), not a single one of them has ever been like WOW WE SHOULD REALLY GET MARIJUANA LEGALIZED.

No one has the slightest idea how this ended up on a referendum.
    You're right, it wasn't your friends, it was mine. There were a handful of political activists that came together and solicited contributions from people who were interested in 'legalized pot', hard sell to make, I know. From this, those people put together a Bill that then needed to get on a ballot, this was done by getting people to go out and collect signatures of individuals that were of a like mind. I didn't have any problem, sans 2 people with getting them to sign to put medical marijuana on the ballot. All those people then went and voted because that one topic was gonna be on there, ok, stem cell research was on there too, but you get the drift.

But i'm sure to your original post, it's all just a big misunderstanding.

Load Metric
    FWIW the first 27.5 million made from taxes on pot will go to education/schools etc.

I don't think legal pot is a bad thing. It is going to create a ton of revenue from taxes.

As Lockman said these stupid people sitting in jail because of pot will stop costing us as much and we can also fill jails with real criminals.

The cartels are gonna cartel' anyway whether pot is legal or not. I am sure that when they are sending 500 lbs of pot, that same shipment already contains heroin etc.

It's not going to increase trafficking really at all. Out of state users can only buy 1/4 ounce at a time. It's not like people are coming in from New Mexico and buying 5 lbs legally. Sure, idiots will come here to buy it and try to drive home, but that's on them.

It's good that it's happening here, now, it's a good test to see how it's all going to work out.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    This is the best level since PeterDC.

Comments

NaturalBornHustler: Hook line and sinker, nothing ever gets by PFA

Load Metric
    SIMMER DOWN JUNKIES.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    This is the best level since PeterDC.

I said level first but he certainly threw a few tidbits in that he actually believes. 10 gets you 100 on that.

Load Metric
    its going to be super awkward for you nerds when you start getting piss tested during traffic stops.

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: shit

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric

Comments

BCR: move along, no hypocisy here
    Last edited by bukowski72; 01-21-2014 at 12:55 AM.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I haven't used any substance including alcohol in over eight years so I'm at this point not bias in this subject matter cause I smoke or drink ect.

I personally don't see a problem with legalization or at least decriminalization of marijuana. As long as there are some rules in place that prevent young kids from buying it or people from using it while they drive (which driving a little stoned is not nearly as dangerous as driving after taking a few drinks) I think its fine.

Load Metric
    Ordered some Super Lemon Haze off of SR. Should get it today. Its a strong Sativa that is supposed to give you energy. I'll update in a few days with a review.

Load Metric
    http://reason.com/blog/2014/01/22/wt...-illinois-says

and so it begins.

i predict this 'guns or pot' play will soon become a national referendum.

Load Metric
    http://reason.com/blog/2014/01/22/wt...-illinois-says

and so it begins.

i predict this 'guns or pot' play will soon become a national referendum.
    Patients who want to qualify for medical marijuana in Illinois would have to be fingerprinted for a background check and pay $150 a year — and give up their right to own a gun, state officials proposed Tuesday.
    Lol, only thing wrong with this is the presumption that some lesser body than the Constitution can take away your right to own a gun. You cannot just 'sign away' your freedom, no matter how cleverly worded. Just more racist bs from the left.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    Ordered some Super Lemon Haze off of SR. Should get it today. Its a strong Sativa that is supposed to give you energy. I'll update in a few days with a review.
    Havent tried it yet, but the shit came fast and super stealthy. Nothing to worry about if you wanna order shit off of there.

Load Metric
    Havent tried it yet, but the shit came fast and super stealthy. Nothing to worry about if you wanna order shit off of there.
    Did it come by Fedex?

Comments

sonatine: flawless

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    In an effort to capture market shares, significant R&D will be devoted to creating superstrains of marijuana. The metrics for success will be the intensity of the experience.

1 in 10 people with drivers licenses can be diagnosed as schizophrenic by certain state standards.

With super-pot legal and available to everyone, including the mentally ill, there will be bloody murders. As soon as a mentally ill black kid smears his homeroom with a couple of Uzi's and they find superpot in his system, the middle class will collectively shit itself. There will be 'enhanced sentencing guidelines' like the crack v powder ones in the 80s, you can also expect a calculated erosion of personal privacy rights.

But whats really going to be interesting is when the right wing captures a huge swathe of the center by portraying this initiative as a liberal nightmare unleashed on God fearing Americans who can no longer protect their children.

This could easily turn into Obama's WMD/Iraq.

called it.

Load Metric
    RIP OLD FRIEND. ENJOYED HAVING DINNER WITH YOU IN SO-CAL BACK IN THE DAY. REMEMBER I PAID SO DRINKS ON YOU NEXT TIME WHEN WE MEET IN HEAVEN.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    RIP OLD FRIEND. ENJOYED HAVING DINNER WITH YOU IN SO-CAL BACK IN THE DAY. REMEMBER I PAID SO DRINKS ON YOU NEXT TIME WHEN WE MEET IN HEAVEN.
    Zero chance this happened obv.

What a weird little man you are.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Thread Information