Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Adult Swim - Rick and Morty

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Wow... really like 18 months between seasons, huh?

That's brutal.

Can't Turner give this damn thing a budget, since everyone loves it?
    Considering South Park kicks an episode out in 6 days..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I realize that there are a lot of animation effects that make this a lot more difficult to produce than the typical cartoon, but still... 18 months for 10 episodes?

BTW, it's getting about 1.8 million viewers or so per episode, on average.

That's about equivalent to what Robot Chicken is getting, so it's not killing it ratings-wise.

Still, they know it has a loyal following, and lots of merchandising possibilities as well (where something like Robot Chicken doesn't).

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I realize that there are a lot of animation effects that make this a lot more difficult to produce than the typical cartoon, but still... 18 months for 10 episodes?

BTW, it's getting about 1.8 million viewers or so per episode, on average.

That's about equivalent to what Robot Chicken is getting, so it's not killing it ratings-wise.

Still, they know it has a loyal following, and lots of merchandising possibilities as well (where something like Robot Chicken doesn't).
    On the level of difficulty scale, Archer is up there with all the 3D shit they do. Rick and Morty and South Park are about the closest in production value. South Park does a couple of difficult shots per episode but some of the whacky shit in Rick and Morty has to take some time to draw out.

God did not Cronenberg the world in 6 days.

Load Metric
    I have to assume they were being sarcastic about the 18 months line, even tho it took 15 months for season 2 to drop.

Apparently they had like serious, not joking, omg its time to die writers block writing the first ep of season 2, and at some point toward the end of the season they discovered ritalin and realized they had been beating themselves up for absolutely no reason. Basically it sounds like they have their process worked out to some degree.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Banned
    Load Metric
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure they were just fucking with the audience. They did a lot of that this season.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure they were just fucking with the audience. They did a lot of that this season.
    http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/ri...-series-38368/
    The Rick and Morty season two finale aired October 4, 2015, on Adult Swim, which shares channel space with Cartoon Network. The Hollywood Reporter (THR) and TV Insider are running interviews with co-creators Dan Harmon (Community) and Justin Roiland. The year and a half wait between seasons one and two could have led fans to believe the adult animated series had been cancelled, so Harmon and Roiland make sure to mention that they are already thinking about season three. And yes, there will be third season of Rick and Morty. Adult Swim has already renewed the show.
    Co-creator Roiland voices the title characters. The vocal stylings of Chris Parnell, Spencer Grammar, and Sarah Chalke have also appeared in every episode to date. When asked by THR if the duo has any plans to become less hands-on with Rick and Morty, Roiland’s answer was emphatic enough that Harmon had to serve as the voice of reason:
    Roiland: No. We really have an opportunity to grow this thing and make it insane — we have a real thing in our hands. It’s just exciting to see that people love it still — it keeps growing and growing. That’s going to be a big priority above anything else, for me anyways. Not to get too inside, (in mischievous voice) but obviously there’s going to come a time when can renegotiate our contracts, and if the show’s still really successful, we might be able to get a lot more money, and all that stuff.
    Harmon: (Jokingly cutting him off.) All right.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/ri...lt-swim-37734/

Adult Swim has ordered a third season of their intergalactic TV series, Rick and Morty. The show airs on Sunday nights at 11:30pm. Here’s the announcement:
    “Rick and Morty” Renewed For Third Season of Intergalactic Adventures
    Series Continues Network’s Original Programming Success with Season Two Triple-Digit Growth
    Adult Swim has announced that they are ordering more intergalactic adventures with the season three pickup of the original hit animated comedy series, Rick and Morty. New episodes of the series air Sundays at 11:30 p.m. ET/PT.
    The series’ season two premiere on Sunday, July 26, ranked #1 in its time period among all key adults and men and charted triple-digit delivery gains over its prior season premiere (P18-24 +154%, P18-34 +117%, P18-49 +121%). The television audience continued to grow in the series’ second week, charting week-over-week gains of up to 27% among all key demos. The season two premiere of Rick and Morty fueled Adult Swim’s video streams in July’15, with an overall total of 29.7M streams, up +12% month-to-month. (Source: Nielsen Media Research Data, Omniture and YouTube Analytics)
    “It’s an honor to see Rick and Morty join the exclusive club of shows with over nineteen episodes,” said co-creator and executive producer Dan Harmon. “It’s time to demand that the network allow us to draw the characters going to Hawaii.”
    “I am blown away by the seemingly instant success of Rick and Morty. I look forward to continuing their adventures!” said co-creator and executive producer Justin Roiland.
    In season two, Rick Sanchez (Justin Roiland) is still living with his daughter Beth’s (Sarah Chalke) family and causing more trouble than ever. This season the rest of the family, his son-in-law Jerry (Chris Parnell), grand-daughter Summer (Spencer Grammer) and grand-son Morty (Justin Roiland) are dragged into Rick’s intergalactic adventures, as he faces new threats and mysteries of his secret past are revealed. Can the family survive Rick’s insanity and all the chaos the universe throws at them?
    Created and executive produced by Dan Harmon (Community) and Justin Roiland (Adventure Time), the half-hour animated series airing on Sundays at 11:30pm ET/PT follows a sociopathic genius scientist who drags his inherently timid grandson on insanely dangerous adventures across the universe.
    Adult Swim (AdultSwim.com), launched in 2001, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s network offering original and acquired animated and live-action series for young adults. Airing nightly from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. (ET/PT), Adult Swim is basic cable’s #1 network with persons 18-34 and 18-49, and is seen in 96 million U.S. homes.
    Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    1-844-MORERICK connects you to some crappy, 1980s-style PBX phone system with a message starting with "Press 1 for Rick, Press 2 for Morty", but then if you press those numbers (or any number) you get a legitimate "Invalid extension, please try again" and the message starts over. If you listen longer, it tells you, "Just kidding, your buttons won't do anything", but the "invalid extension" thing isn't a gag -- it's really the crappy PBX voice mail being unable to ignore your button presses.

I tried to press * to see what kind of password input it would ask for (or if that was even enabled). However, the system auto-disabled it because phone nerds like me had already tried to hack it unsuccessfully. It gives a message to "contact your system administrator to re-enable this feature" due to "unsuccessful password attempts" -- which again was a legit message, and not a gag.

To me it looks like they are using one of the extensions over at Adult Swim/TBS in Atlanta, and just forwarded 1-844-MORERICK to it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    The Rick and Morty season two finale aired October 4, 2015, on Adult Swim, which shares channel space with Cartoon Network. The Hollywood Reporter (THR) and TV Insider are running interviews with co-creators Dan Harmon (Community) and Justin Roiland. The year and a half wait between seasons one and two could have led fans to believe the adult animated series had been cancelled, so Harmon and Roiland make sure to mention that they are already thinking about season three. And yes, there will be third season of Rick and Morty. Adult Swim has already renewed the show.
    Co-creator Roiland voices the title characters. The vocal stylings of Chris Parnell, Spencer Grammar, and Sarah Chalke have also appeared in every episode to date. When asked by THR if the duo has any plans to become less hands-on with Rick and Morty, Roiland’s answer was emphatic enough that Harmon had to serve as the voice of reason:
    Roiland: No. We really have an opportunity to grow this thing and make it insane — we have a real thing in our hands. It’s just exciting to see that people love it still — it keeps growing and growing. That’s going to be a big priority above anything else, for me anyways. Not to get too inside, (in mischievous voice) but obviously there’s going to come a time when can renegotiate our contracts, and if the show’s still really successful, we might be able to get a lot more money, and all that stuff.
    Harmon: (Jokingly cutting him off.) All right.

Adult Swim has ordered a third season of their intergalactic TV series, Rick and Morty. The show airs on Sunday nights at 11:30pm. Here’s the announcement:
    Series Continues Network’s Original Programming Success with Season Two Triple-Digit Growth
    Adult Swim has announced that they are ordering more intergalactic adventures with the season three pickup of the original hit animated comedy series, Rick and Morty. New episodes of the series air Sundays at 11:30 p.m. ET/PT.
    The series’ season two premiere on Sunday, July 26, ranked #1 in its time period among all key adults and men and charted triple-digit delivery gains over its prior season premiere (P18-24 +154%, P18-34 +117%, P18-49 +121%). The television audience continued to grow in the series’ second week, charting week-over-week gains of up to 27% among all key demos. The season two premiere of Rick and Morty fueled Adult Swim’s video streams in July’15, with an overall total of 29.7M streams, up +12% month-to-month. (Source: Nielsen Media Research Data, Omniture and YouTube Analytics)
    “It’s an honor to see Rick and Morty join the exclusive club of shows with over nineteen episodes,” said co-creator and executive producer Dan Harmon. “It’s time to demand that the network allow us to draw the characters going to Hawaii.”
    “I am blown away by the seemingly instant success of Rick and Morty. I look forward to continuing their adventures!” said co-creator and executive producer Justin Roiland.
    In season two, Rick Sanchez (Justin Roiland) is still living with his daughter Beth’s (Sarah Chalke) family and causing more trouble than ever. This season the rest of the family, his son-in-law Jerry (Chris Parnell), grand-daughter Summer (Spencer Grammer) and grand-son Morty (Justin Roiland) are dragged into Rick’s intergalactic adventures, as he faces new threats and mysteries of his secret past are revealed. Can the family survive Rick’s insanity and all the chaos the universe throws at them?
    Created and executive produced by Dan Harmon (Community) and Justin Roiland (Adventure Time), the half-hour animated series airing on Sundays at 11:30pm ET/PT follows a sociopathic genius scientist who drags his inherently timid grandson on insanely dangerous adventures across the universe.
    Adult Swim (AdultSwim.com), launched in 2001, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s network offering original and acquired animated and live-action series for young adults. Airing nightly from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. (ET/PT), Adult Swim is basic cable’s #1 network with persons 18-34 and 18-49, and is seen in 96 million U.S. homes.
    Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.

Yeah everyone pretty much knows its got a 3rd season signed, we were talking about Poopy Butthole's prediction that it wont come for 18 months.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

Yeah everyone pretty much knows its got a 3rd season signed, we were talking about Poopy Butthole's prediction that it wont come for 18 months.

I dug and dug, that's all I could find. Looks like you didn't do any better.

Banned
    Load Metric

Comments

sonatine: doing work but should have been 20 minutes longer

Dan Druff: lol

lewfather: nh

RichardBrodiesCombover.: that was great

Banned
    Load Metric
    sonatine: doing work but should have been 20 minutes longer
    I didn't make that, but am tempted to do something similar with SMB3.

Load Metric
    Well I didn't know that this was a thing, but it's got over a million views so maybe it has some kind of merit?

Comments

lewfather: lol

Banned
    Load Metric
    Well, I guess this is a thing now.

Comments

sonatine: wowwwwwww

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Well, I guess this is a thing now.

Fuck it's been in my head since i've seen the lion king one, I may do Spaceballs "cool transition". Wish me luck.

Load Metric
    Name:  tumblr_n4gt6ovlIX1s9ojojo2_500.gif
Views: 6083
Size:  573.3 KB

Banned
    Load Metric
    Kinda want to turn it into a screaming moon and make it harmonize with Fart, but I'm so laaaazzyyyyy

Banned
    Load Metric
    fuck it

Comments

4Dragons: hahaahhahaahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

gauchojake: well played

Load Metric
    Ok, my turn:

Comments

SrslySirius: niiiice

gauchojake: lol

Load Metric