Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Adult Swim - Rick and Morty

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    (I'm) a little preoccupied in Thailand right now

Hello everyone.

I know that several members of this forum are interested in Rick and Morty, so I put out some feelers in Hollywood. Unfortunately, as Adult Swim is based out of Atlanta, my reach was limited, but I was still able to get some tidbits of information.

Season 4 is said to be dropping around November of this year. At the moment, the brass at Adult Swim have expressed the desire to air the Season 4 premiere on the Friday after Thanksgiving. It is not clear if this will be complete by then.

Some bigwigs at Adult Swim are reportedly unhappy about the long gaps between seasons. While interest in the show has remained high despite these gaps, there is some fear that the enthusiasm is slowly starting to peter out, and that Harmon and Roiland are ruining the series' momentum with these delays. One executive reportedly has claimed that failure to start airing Season 4 in 2019 will be "catastrophic" to the public interest in the series.

Some of you are probably aware that Adult Swim ordered 70 more episodes in May 2018. That's approximately enough for 7 more seasons. However, at the rate they have been going, those 7 seasons would take until 2031 to complete, which Adult Swim finds unacceptable.

There is some pressure on Roiland and Harmon to churn out one season of 10 episodes per year, but there has been some resistance to it. However, they have agreed in theory to stop taking breaks in between seasons (as they had before), and to simply take a vacation and get back to work after a season concludes. Part of the reason for the long breaks is because Roiland and Harmon would demand downtime from the series for awhile. That apparently is going to stop.

I will give you updates in a few months, or if I hear something sooner.

Comments

nunbeater: wow what an asset

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Hollywood View Post
    Hello everyone.

I know that several members of this forum are interested in Rick and Morty, so I put out some feelers in Hollywood. Unfortunately, as Adult Swim is based out of Atlanta, my reach was limited, but I was still able to get some tidbits of information.

Season 4 is said to be dropping around November of this year. At the moment, the brass at Adult Swim have expressed the desire to air the Season 4 premiere on the Friday after Thanksgiving. It is not clear if this will be complete by then.

Some bigwigs at Adult Swim are reportedly unhappy about the long gaps between seasons. While interest in the show has remained high despite these gaps, there is some fear that the enthusiasm is slowly starting to peter out, and that Harmon and Roiland are ruining the series' momentum with these delays. One executive reportedly has claimed that failure to start airing Season 4 in 2019 will be "catastrophic" to the public interest in the series.

Some of you are probably aware that Adult Swim ordered 70 more episodes in May 2018. That's approximately enough for 7 more seasons. However, at the rate they have been going, those 7 seasons would take until 2031 to complete, which Adult Swim finds unacceptable.

There is some pressure on Roiland and Harmon to churn out one season of 10 episodes per year, but there has been some resistance to it. However, they have agreed in theory to stop taking breaks in between seasons (as they had before), and to simply take a vacation and get back to work after a season concludes. Part of the reason for the long breaks is because Roiland and Harmon would demand downtime from the series for awhile. That apparently is going to stop.

I will give you updates in a few months, or if I hear something sooner.
    Thank you sir. Your work does not go unnoticed.

Load Metric
    Season 4 is said to be dropping around November of this year.

Comments

sonatine: my body is ready

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    That Harry Hollywood just can't stop being right.

Amazing connections that guy must have.

What an asset to the forum!

Comments

nunbeater: you brought this on yourself

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Season 4 is said to be dropping around November of this year.
    My Man!

Load Metric
    nov 10.

5 episodes.

after 2 years.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    nov 10.

5 episodes.

after 2 years.
    5 now, 5 later. its 10 episodes in a split season, second half in the spring most likely. it's by far the most popular adult swim show, they want to spread it out as long as they possibly can. Same type of shit AMC did with Breaking Bad at the end.

Load Metric
    nov 10.

5 episodes.

after 2 years.
    5 now, 5 later. its 10 episodes in a split season, second half in the spring most likely. it's by far the most popular adult swim show, they want to spread it out as long as they possibly can. Same type of shit AMC did with Breaking Bad at the end.

i mean... "spring most likely" is a dangerous thing to put faith in given recent history with this show, nahmean?

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

i mean... "spring most likely" is a dangerous thing to put faith in given recent history with this show, nahmean?
    not really, I don't think. This wouldn;t be the first split season they've done, and its also not that new anymore for networks to do this with their biggest shows. When they announced the new deal in spring of last year, they also announced a November 2019 premier. They're hitting that date. They also aren't taking other jobs while doing this anymore, which is why they waited for the 70 ep extension & the money that came with it to even start thinking about season 4 in the first place. Also, pretty sure Dan wanted to do more than 10 eps in season 4, like 14 or whatever, but that was pared down to 10 so as to avoid the same mistake as they made in season 3. So, folly or not, I'm pretty confident they're on a good track now, at least for this upcoming season.

Load Metric
    just admit that they are never doing another episode and they hate me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Harry Hollywood is going to need to come out and explain this split season, and whether it's intentional or because Harmon and Roiland are slacking again.

Load Metric
    Wubalubadubdub!!

Load Metric

Load Metric
    I love the fucking Venture Bros. and they also take fucking forever between seasons. I'm fine with that as long as they keep up the quality. I know some people bitch about the wait. Yeah it sucks to have to go so long between seasons but after watching the late term abortion that was Game of Thrones go from wearing it like a suit of armor to I dun want it she's muh queen I'm fucking happy to wait it out.

Also I need need need to see Rattlestar Ricklactica

Load Metric
    season starts tonite.

Comments

sonatine: !!!!

Load Metric
    My impression of sonatine after watching last night's episode

Name:  worst-episode-ever.jpg
Views: 949
Size:  28.4 KB

It was actually pretty funny though. I enjoyed it.

Load Metric
    they had me at fascist morty. that it was hilarious and was both relieved and impressed that they are somehow still coming with heat.

Load Metric
    they had me at fascist morty. that it was hilarious and was both relieved and impressed that they are somehow still coming with heat.
    Hopefully they didn't blow their load in one episode.

Load Metric
    ep 1 of the season 4 companion podcast

Thread Information