Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Adult Swim - Rick and Morty

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo.
    That's the squanchiest thing I've read all week.

Load Metric
    Name:  21616222_1436423153145632_3644436345404930229_n.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  24.7 KB

Comments

Daly: Druff but fair
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This weird "series" (which, all episodes combined below, lasts for 20 minutes) is the reason Rick and Morty exists.

Justin Roiland was only 23 in 2005, and was a nobody in the entertainment industry. He created a short series called "House of Cosbys", which was basically just an absurdist comedy about a house full of various clones of Bill Cosby. Dan Harmon was the site administrator on Channel 101, the site where it aired.

After 4 episodes, Roiland received a cease-and-desist letter from Cosby's attorneys:

Dear sirs,
    we are lawyers for Mr. William H Cosby, Jr. We have just learned that you offer a deeply offensive animated film that you created, entitled House of Cosbys. [...] As you are certainly aware, none of you are licensed or in any way authorized to use Mr. Cosby's voice, name, or likeness. [...] Therefore, we demand that you immediately cease and desist from any use of our client's name, voice, and likeness, including the development and distribution of the House of Cosbys series.

Very truly yours, John P. Schmitt

They got scared and both ceased production and took down the episodes. However, they eventually put the episodes back up, resulting in Cosby's attorneys then going to Channel 101's host, who forced them to take it down.

However, the publicity surrounding this got attention for Roiland, and was signed to United Talent Agency.

Were it not for House of Cosbys, there would likely be no Rick and Morty.

Load Metric
    FLY FISHING RICK IS CLEARLY GOD.

Comments

WillieMcFML: it's like christmas for you

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Yes I went out of my way to a participating mcdonalds. No im not waiting in line until 2pm.

Girl said they had to take the phone off the hook. And they are saying straight out it's one per person and there is a chance that the special delivery may not happen before 2pm so you wait at your own risk.

And yes they are giving away the stupid poster so that they could limit the handout of the sauce.

Name:  IMG_3779.JPG
Views: 329
Size:  2.12 MB

Comments

lewfather: lol hof so you didnt get it?

Load Metric
    This was the location I was at.....

After waiting in line for hours just to get their hands on one small packet of the sauce and learning that they ran out, many fans quickly accused McDonald’s of false advertising and started gathering at certain fast food outlets. Things got so heated at a McDonald’s in Wellington, Florida that the police had to show up and shut down the event. Apparently, fights started breaking out over the sauce and the line in front of the restaurant was so big that it started blocking the traffic.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

After waiting in line for hours just to get their hands on one small packet of the sauce and learning that they ran out, many fans quickly accused McDonald’s of false advertising and started gathering at certain fast food outlets. Things got so heated at a McDonald’s in Wellington, Florida that the police had to show up and shut down the event. Apparently, fights started breaking out over the sauce and the line in front of the restaurant was so big that it started blocking the traffic.

That's fucking amazing. This is why we can't have nice things, people.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    This weird "series" (which, all episodes combined below, lasts for 20 minutes) is the reason Rick and Morty exists.

Justin Roiland was only 23 in 2005, and was a nobody in the entertainment industry. He created a short series called "House of Cosbys", which was basically just an absurdist comedy about a house full of various clones of Bill Cosby. Dan Harmon was the site administrator on Channel 101, the site where it aired.

He followed it up in 2006 with this short-

"I actually made this as a way to poke fun at the idea of getting cease and desist letters. At the time (October 2006) I had nothing to lose and my original intention was to call this "back to the future: the new official universal studios cartoon featuring the new Doc Brown and Marty McFly" and then I'd just sit back and wait for a letter from their lawyers to arrive. That's actually why it's so filthy. I was just looking to "troll" a big studio."

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

That's fucking amazing. This is why we can't have nice things, people.
    Seriously tho, it's McD's dipping sauce. "Nice things?" We can't even have generic corporate shitty things.

Load Metric
    I dont think this is a case of 'people taking mcd's sauce seriously' as much as its 'America is a fucking tinderbox because almost half its population thought electing a senile racist reality tv star was going to fix their lives and boy o boy did it ever not'.

So yeah, honestly? Expect a lot more shit like this as it gets worse and worse.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Only the highest IQ R&M connoisseurs can watch this video.

Load Metric
    There was a Rick & Morty marathon on teletoon in Canada yesterday.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Name:  IMG_3791.JPG
Views: 236
Size:  89.6 KB

Comments

DRK Star: Saucy

Load Metric

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Was wondering wtf was going on at mcdonalds, stopped to get $1 drinks (no Pepsi, sorry druff) and they had a sign that said we are out of buttermilk chicken tenders...this was at 9:30 in the morning...I was wondering who eats chicken tenders for breakfast.

Banned
    Load Metric
    those chicken tendies are legit tho

Load Metric
    I’m going to be straight with you, Thomas

normally “chicken tendies” would have gotten you an insta-neg rep, but I like you so we are going to pretend like it never happened

still...

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    I’m going to be straight with you, Thomas

normally “chicken tendies” would have gotten you an insta-neg rep, but I like you so we are going to pretend like it never happened

still...
    Holy shit. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken tendies and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken tendies out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from the results tonight. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the fucking fuck is he losing? This can't be happening. I'm having a fucking breakdown. I don't want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Bernie to be president and fix this broken country. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought he was polling well in New York???? This is so fucked.

Comments

DRK Star: inevitable

Thread Information