Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Adult Swim - Rick and Morty

Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    (I'm) a little preoccupied in Thailand right now

Hello everyone.

I know that several members of this forum are interested in Rick and Morty, so I put out some feelers in Hollywood. Unfortunately, as Adult Swim is based out of Atlanta, my reach was limited, but I was still able to get some tidbits of information.

Season 4 is said to be dropping around November of this year. At the moment, the brass at Adult Swim have expressed the desire to air the Season 4 premiere on the Friday after Thanksgiving. It is not clear if this will be complete by then.

Some bigwigs at Adult Swim are reportedly unhappy about the long gaps between seasons. While interest in the show has remained high despite these gaps, there is some fear that the enthusiasm is slowly starting to peter out, and that Harmon and Roiland are ruining the series' momentum with these delays. One executive reportedly has claimed that failure to start airing Season 4 in 2019 will be "catastrophic" to the public interest in the series.

Some of you are probably aware that Adult Swim ordered 70 more episodes in May 2018. That's approximately enough for 7 more seasons. However, at the rate they have been going, those 7 seasons would take until 2031 to complete, which Adult Swim finds unacceptable.

There is some pressure on Roiland and Harmon to churn out one season of 10 episodes per year, but there has been some resistance to it. However, they have agreed in theory to stop taking breaks in between seasons (as they had before), and to simply take a vacation and get back to work after a season concludes. Part of the reason for the long breaks is because Roiland and Harmon would demand downtime from the series for awhile. That apparently is going to stop.

I will give you updates in a few months, or if I hear something sooner.

Comments

nunbeater: wow what an asset

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Hollywood View Post
    Hello everyone.

I know that several members of this forum are interested in Rick and Morty, so I put out some feelers in Hollywood. Unfortunately, as Adult Swim is based out of Atlanta, my reach was limited, but I was still able to get some tidbits of information.

Season 4 is said to be dropping around November of this year. At the moment, the brass at Adult Swim have expressed the desire to air the Season 4 premiere on the Friday after Thanksgiving. It is not clear if this will be complete by then.

Some bigwigs at Adult Swim are reportedly unhappy about the long gaps between seasons. While interest in the show has remained high despite these gaps, there is some fear that the enthusiasm is slowly starting to peter out, and that Harmon and Roiland are ruining the series' momentum with these delays. One executive reportedly has claimed that failure to start airing Season 4 in 2019 will be "catastrophic" to the public interest in the series.

Some of you are probably aware that Adult Swim ordered 70 more episodes in May 2018. That's approximately enough for 7 more seasons. However, at the rate they have been going, those 7 seasons would take until 2031 to complete, which Adult Swim finds unacceptable.

There is some pressure on Roiland and Harmon to churn out one season of 10 episodes per year, but there has been some resistance to it. However, they have agreed in theory to stop taking breaks in between seasons (as they had before), and to simply take a vacation and get back to work after a season concludes. Part of the reason for the long breaks is because Roiland and Harmon would demand downtime from the series for awhile. That apparently is going to stop.

I will give you updates in a few months, or if I hear something sooner.
    Thank you sir. Your work does not go unnoticed.

Season 4 is said to be dropping around November of this year.

Comments

sonatine: my body is ready
    @CursedDiamonds on twitter

Blog Entries
    That Harry Hollywood just can't stop being right.

Amazing connections that guy must have.

What an asset to the forum!

Comments

nunbeater: you brought this on yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Season 4 is said to be dropping around November of this year.
    My Man!

Thread Information