Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New iPad... Not that impressed

Load Metric

New iPad... Not that impressed

Playing on one of the new iPads and I have to say I don't see much difference between this one and the iPad 2. Kind of disappointing. Anyone else expecting more as well?
    Last edited by Vwls; 04-17-2012 at 07:00 PM.
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post
    Playing on one of the new iPads and I have to say I don't see much difference between this one and the iPad 2. Kind of disappointing. Anyone else expecting more as well?
    Only the Apple drones expected more than the same fucking thing repackaged to make you go out and worship at the alter of the forbidden fruit to the tune of $500.

Just bend over and take it, that is what happens every time you buy Apple.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Playing on one of the new iPads and I have to say I don't see much difference between this one and the iPad 2. Kind of disappointing. Anyone else expecting ore as well?
    An iPad is only a small computer that can't even match a good laptop's performance.

What you and countless others fail to see is that Steve Jobs was a modern day P.T. Barnum. He's a conman, King of the 18 month con.

In less than two years you will purchase another Apple frauduct and be disappointed once again.

I'm sorry but your iPad won't even make a good boat anchor.

Load Metric
    I like many of the features of the iPad- the touch screen in that size is definitely cool. The fact that I can't Photoshop on it is a huge detraction for me of its utility, but I can enjoy what it has to offer and just go back to my laptop for more versitilty. My point is that usually when Apple comes out with a new version, it's a substantial upgrade- example is the iPhone 4S over the iPhone 4. The addition of SIRI was pretty major. But with the new iPad, I'm not seeing the value.

Load Metric
    I'm not a big apple guy and have mainly android/windows products in my house, but I bought the new iPad and like it. Display is super crisp, the processor is faster than a laptop I bought recently, and it has some pretty cool features but it's not like the thing sucks your dick for you. It is what it is...a really good tablet.

Load Metric
    Yes but the iPad 2 is a really good tablet. What makes the iPad 3 worth buying if you're already a proud owner of the 2?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I like the iPad, but there is no difference between the ipad2 and the new one.

Maybe some people have some kind of super hero eyesight that can tell the difference, but I can't.

Another downside is you can't create at all with the iPad, it's 100% a consumption device. Granted most of the population doesn't care, but for those who actually need to work and be productive it's useless in that regard.

That said it's a great entertainment device. Get the ipad2 though as there is zero difference between it and the new one.

Load Metric
    Yes but the iPad 2 is a really good tablet. What makes the iPad 3 worth buying if you're already a proud owner of the 2?
    I admit that Vwls is dead on in her assesment. I admit that I am an Apple fanboy and will continue to be one. However Apple really had no reason to release the IPhone 4s or the IPad3. They really should have sold Siri as an optional add-in and because the IPhone 4s did not support 4G out of the box. Same goes with the IPad. So we got a better screen a better camera and even though it supports 4G out of the box, there should have been more innovations to make it worth purchasing.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Load Metric
    I think if you already own 2 it's probably not worth upgrading but I don't own any of the previous models. I did take a look at a first generation and that shit has crazy pixels. The Flash issue is pain in the ass though.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    I think if you already own 2 it's probably not worth upgrading but I don't own any of the previous models. I did take a look at a first generation and that shit has crazy pixels. The Flash issue is pain in the ass though.
    Apple seriously needs to address the Flash issue in their next IOS update. This is getting ridiculous.
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    I admit that Vwls is dead on in her assesment. I admit that I am an Apple fanboy and will continue to be one. However Apple really had no reason to release the IPhone 4s or the IPad3. They really should have sold Siri as an optional add-in and because the IPhone 4s did not support 4G out of the box. Same goes with the IPad. So we got a better screen a better camera and even though it supports 4G out of the box, there should have been more innovations to make it worth purchasing.
    Do people actually use the camera on the iPad?

You're right about them not really adding anything groundbreaking in the iphone4s and new iPad, but the pathetic thing is they don't have to as nobody else has leaped ahead.

The apple strategy is to just keep staying a little ahead. I wonder how long they can do it though, without Jobs the pipeline might not be able to be the front runner much longer.

Does anyone really use Siri much? I use it to set my alarm but for everything else it's too much of a pain as siri doesn't understand 90% of what I ask.

Load Metric
    Question for apple fan boys.

Is it pointless to just buy one apple device and still use all the other non apple things that I have or am I better off waiting awhile and then buying all the shit at once (iMac, apple TV, Ipad, Iphone)?

My phone is continually fucking up on me and I am considering just buying an iphone but I kinda want a full technology overhaul as well.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post

Is it pointless to just buy one apple device and still use all the other non apple things that I have or am I better off waiting awhile and then buying all the shit at once (iMac, apple TV, Ipad, Iphone)?

My phone is continually fucking up on me and I am considering just buying an iphone but I kinda want a full technology overhaul as well.
    It really doesn't matter. It pains me to say his but if you want a new phone and an IPad, I would seriously look into the Google Nexus. It puts my IPhone 4 to shame.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Stueyivey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post

Do people actually use the camera on the iPad?

You're right about them not really adding anything groundbreaking in the iphone4s and new iPad, but the pathetic thing is they don't have to as nobody else has leaped ahead.

The apple strategy is to just keep staying a little ahead. I wonder how long they can do it though, without Jobs the pipeline might not be able to be the front runner much longer.

Does anyone really use Siri much? I use it to set my alarm but for everything else it's too much of a pain as siri doesn't understand 90% of what I ask.
    Google Nexus is about to blow shit up the current Google Nexus phone is great and we will soon see the Google Nexus tablet in July. Apple should have waited to respond to the Nexus with the IPad3 but they blew their wad way too early.
    Last edited by Bootsy Collins; 04-17-2012 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Sometimes typing on the IPad sucks

Bronze
    Load Metric

I have an iMac, iPad, and iPhone but don't really take advantage of the integration besides sharing apps between the iPad and iPhone.

It's not required, but if you're going to overhaul the hardware anyway you might as well go all apple. Unless you need something windows has that doesn't work on a Mac why not.

I went apple 3 years ago and there is nothing I miss from windows and I have far less problems.

Load Metric
    As far as phones go, I would go with a non apple product. 4G is faster than a lot of residential cable Internet connections. Most of the technology integrates these days anyway so there probably isn't a need to consolidate brands.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I use an Iphone, couldnt be happier with what I need from a phone and it is easy as hell to learn and use

apple tv I dunno what this is , reg hd tv works fine for me

macs seem bomb but fuck I am not dropping 2k on a PC or laptop or whatever they cost. 300$ lappy is fine and 700$ PC is fine for me

Ipads are nice to have lying around if u have money to blow but pointless for me. Would be ideal on a plane , other than that wtf good is the thing?

Just grab an Iphone, GODLY Phone IMO but I have never owned an android etc.. I like it cause I can jam 3k songs in it and it suits all of my needs

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    It's great to have all apple products if you utilize the icloud for your music. It's fantastic to have all 17k+ songs available on 2 phones, 2 ipads, and most importantly the apple tv, which connects via hdmi to my receiver and then to the tv. Also terrific for buying/renting movies and tv series, it's how I've been able to watch the first 2 seasons of Justified in hd.

*giggling*
    Load Metric

first of all, im no apple fan boy, but all of you have missed the point

the ipad was never intended to replace a desktop/laptop, and it is not suitable for everyone

its more of a lifestyle choice, lying on the sofa, killing time, reading and so on. I use mine when i couldnt be bothered firing up my desktop, or use my laptop which i find too cumbersome.

apple dont give a shit about cameras on their tablets, i never use it, but there would have been more of an outcry if their was no camera. Their competitors would have used that as a marketing ploy

i currently have 3 ipads, the 1, 2, which the kids use, and the latest generation which is a big step up from the 1, in terms of speed and screen resolution, but not so much over the 2. But let me say that the retina display is unbelievable

so would i upgrade from the 2 to the latest, no...but i am not the target market.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    I'm not a big apple guy and have mainly android/windows products in my house, but I bought the new iPad and like it. Display is super crisp, the processor is faster than a laptop I bought recently, and it has some pretty cool features but it's not like the thing sucks your dick for you. It is what it is...a really good tablet.
    just need an attachment braj

Name:  78662ee008f69a945d66c76397cb5316.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  44.8 KB

Thread Information