Thread: Happy New Year from Harrah's! Here's some sewage to start the year off right...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Happy New Year from Harrah's! Here's some sewage to start the year off right...

We had a nice New Year's Eve in New Orleans.

First, we went to a good Argentinian steakhouse in New Orleans called "La Boca", which somehow squeezed us in at 9pm despite it being New Year's.

Then, we watched the New Year's fireworks at midnight from the warmth and comfort of our 25th-floor room at Harrah's, without having to deal with the crowds or the cold. Benjamin especially enjoyed them.

Here was the view we had. The fireworks were to the right of the building, over the river. We had a clear view of them (they hadn't started yet when this picture was taken):

We went to sleep by about 1am, and woke up at around 10am to the sound of banging... and not the good kind of banging.

It sounded like banging against pipes. "Oh, there must be a plumbing problem somewhere", I thought to myself.

Awakened by the noise, we got up and walked into the bathroom.

And we saw this:

That's right. Black sewage was filling our shower, and it was also bubbling through the drains of the sink and bathtub.

Apparently there was some plumbing problem in the room next door, and the plumbers didn't realize that their attempt to fix it would affect our room.

It got on some of our clothes that were hanging on the side of the bathtub. It also seeped through the wall and got the floor wet next to one of the beds, also getting clothes wet/dirty.

This was the day before we were returning, so I totally didn't feel like packing everything up and moving rooms, but I had no choice.

They moved us to a nice suite, but it wasn't worth it for all of the hassle. I talked them into a $150 food credit for the trouble, but again, it still wasn't worth it to me, given the grossness of the situation and the fact that we had to pack and unpack an extra time, just one day before our vacation was ending anyway.

Just in case Harrah's thought I hadn't experienced enough fail on the first day of 2014, one of their affiliated restaurants on Fulton Street (Grand Isle Seafood) also hit me with a shocking and unexplained computer addition error!

Look at this receipt:

The subtotal came to $131.85, but that was wrong! Add it up yourself and you will see that it should have been $127.85. I still can't figure out how a computer could have made such an error. Was this a case of the Grand Isle "Superman III"-ing their customers?

You'll see at the bottom of the receipt that they charged off $4 after I caught it and complained. Nobody could explain how it happened.

Great start to the new year!

Banned
    Load Metric
    I love that you are addicted to Pepsi but the jew in you refuses to pay Restaurant prices for said drink.

4 waters (free) $0.00

Name:  ryan-gosling-01-245x200.gif
Views: 286
Size:  484.5 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    I love that you are addicted to Pepsi but the jew in you refuses to pay Restaurant prices for said drink.

4 waters (free) $0.00

It's more because I've been cutting down on Pepsi/Coke over the past year, in an attempt to lose weight.

Also, I actually like water with dinner. When I really crave the Pepsi/Coke/orange juice is when I am thirsty and not hungry, and want to drink something with flavor. Everyone else usually likes water, too, and with Benjamin he eats better when he drinks water with dinner because it doesn't fill him up.

Comments

lewfather: just bustin your balls druffski lol

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post

4 waters (free) $0.00

It's more because I've been cutting down on Pepsi/Coke over the past year, in an attempt to lose weight.

Also, I actually like water with dinner. When I really crave the Pepsi/Coke/orange juice is when I am thirsty and not hungry, and want to drink something with flavor. Everyone else usually likes water, too, and with Benjamin he eats better when he drinks water with dinner because it doesn't fill him up.
    Benjamin should be drinking Milk !!!!! WTF

Milk, it does a body good and shit.

Load Metric
    I once worked at a marina in Light House Point, Fla when i was a kid.. One of the jobs was to pump out the shitter on these yachts.. All the captain has to is open the "Y" valve. Opening the line allowing the shit to move freely out the vessel .. Well the guy said, but never did that. Sending the machines into a frenzy blowing the connecting hose lose spraying shit all over me...... I jumped into the Inter-coastal, then left to take a shower.... I could smell someones else's shit on me for three days.. Sad thing is even with this horrific ordeal. This was one of my favorite jobs.. Paid good in tips, & the ladies that would come in on the weekend where hot moms, with even hotter daughters. So even tho i got shit on, the job remained plus equity..

Thread Information