Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Dont Stay at the Cosmopolitan Las Vegas

Load Metric

Hey Dont Stay at the Cosmopolitan Las Vegas

Wow, what a difference a year makes with this place

The place is turning into Planet Holllywood. It is almost as if they tried for a year or two to get high rollers and when that failed they gave up on the property.

I am a platinum member and always get free offers which is why I stay here. I had an offer for a wrap around suite this week which I took because it is a nice room and it is CES which makes this room at least 1k a night if you can get it.

So I check in and the guy gives me my key. The guy at the front desk says nothing so I just assume the room I am getting is the one in my confirmation email. I get up to my room and it is a one bedroom terrace suite which is still a nice room but is nothing compared to the wrap around. I call down and they tell me they are sorry and that on check in they should have told me that there were no more wrap around (even though that is what my fucking confirmation emails says). I bitch and complain, text message my host. Nothing comes of it and I am stuck. Apparently in the fine print they can change it. Total BS, but I have a ton of shit to do so decide not to press it anymore.

1. They apparently do not have "Do no Disturb" signs anymore at this property as there was not one in my room nor did anyone else on my floor have one. I asked house cleaning for one and they said they didnt have any. I ended up making one out of paper and putting it on the door.

2. Room service took an hour and a half when they said it would take 30 mins

3. A dealer made a mistake nearly costing me 2,000 dollars. He had 18 and I had 19 and took my money away. When I protested that he fucked up he gave me attitude. I had to call the pit boss to go through the cards to find his error.

4. The Asian Blackjack dealer had 16 I had 10 and doubled for 20. She of course pulls 21 and laughs at me. I almost straggled her. That was 3k loss.

5. Roulette guy paid me 2300 on a 100 hit on 32 shorting me over 1k

6. The remote in my room didnt work. I had to call down 2 times until someone showed up

7. My Internet was taking 6 hours to download a 200 meg file. I called the front desk and was told internet support was not available.

8. There is a fucking dog that is barking next door. Yes a fucking dog. I didnt even know they allowed Dogs in the Cosmo.

9. It is just dirty everywhere now even in the rooms. I think that is the biggest thing i noticed. It is almost as if they cut half of their cleaning crew from a year ago. If you got to the Wynn , Bellagio you will notice they are immaculate. The Cosmo used to fit into that category but within a year took a nose dive.

Anyway, I probably come off as a bit of an asshole but the Cosmo tries to promote itself as one of the premiere hotels on the strip. If you are going to pay the money they charge you are much better off at the Aria, Wynn, Encore, Bellagio and maybe even Caesars. This place is quickly falling apart.

Comments

Belly Buster: straggled made me lol

JSTAT: Reviewing this place is now on my bucket list

4Dragons: TR rep
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    Im wondering if any of this has to do with resolutions regarding the whole 'we sold condos then decided to keep renting them indefinitely' situation, particularly fucking you out of those wrap-around terrace rooms. I stayed in the one facing the Bellagio fountains and although the view was lovely, I also remembered thinking that this wasnt a room that was going to stand up to the test of time well. It looked instantly dated and cheap and the furniture looked like it had been picked up at one of those no-credit-necessary rental shops.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Banned
    Load Metric
    real talk though jace your face is a no credit rental shop KABOOM SON

Comments

sonatine: SHOTS FIRED

Load Metric
    Pretty bad but the dealer mistakes/attitude are inexcusable.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Pretty bad but the dealer mistakes/attitude are inexcusable.
    Agree - these are the worst. Also such fuckwit mistakes.

If you've got chips littered all over the splits and corners on roulette, that's one thing. But $100 straight up - wtf? Also 18 > 19 lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    A CES cmoney trip report would be pretty cool, ahem.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: see if micon is trolling the butterfly labs booth rep

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

4. The Asian Blackjack dealer had 16 I had 10 and doubled for 20. She of course pulls 21 and laughs at me. I almost straggled her. That was 3k loss.
    Imagine it was your job to play rigged games all day and constantly win and take peoples money and they kept coming back anyway. I don't think I could help laughing in their faces.

Load Metric
    The only thing worth going to Cosmo for is Secret Pizza.

Comments

4Dragons: shhhhhhhhhhhh! it's a secret!

Walter Sobchak: +1 Secret Pizza is the nuts

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Interesting.

First off, I LOVE cmoney's Vegas posts. I never get tired of reading those trip reports. I 100% believe everything he wrote here.

Recall this thread I made about the Cosmo in June, 2013: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...rs-are-treated

At that time, I was already noticing the vanishing Do Not Disturb signs. I didn't mention it, but like you I noticed it missing, and they brought one up to me when I complained (took about 45 minutes though). Really a bad sign that they are just simply out of them now, and aren't re-ordering.

I also remember you posting about a Cosmo host harassing you just because you didn't play one time you were there.

I remember hearing from someone that Cosmo hosts are under huge pressure to "produce" and there is a large turnover there, thus putting all of the hosts in a perpetual bad mood.

I am surprised I am still getting offers from the Cosmo to stay there for free, as I haven't played anything there since they removed the limit holdem bot a number of months ago. Also, my status degraded from Platinum back to the bottom level.

Cosmo also acted extremely shady with how they treated their original condo buyers.

However, I don't know whose side to take in this labor dispute. Modern labor unions are extremely corrupt and tend to be more about serving the interests of longtime employees while screwing everyone else. When I see a business attempting to fight unionizing of its employees, I can't blame them.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    Always better than drunk breakfast.

You can go there at 4AM and get a slice and keep on trucking well into daylight.

Load Metric
    Interesting.

First off, I LOVE cmoney's Vegas posts. I never get tired of reading those trip reports. I 100% believe everything he wrote here.

Recall this thread I made about the Cosmo in June, 2013: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...rs-are-treated

At that time, I was already noticing the vanishing Do Not Disturb signs. I didn't mention it, but like you I noticed it missing, and they brought one up to me when I complained (took about 45 minutes though). Really a bad sign that they are just simply out of them now, and aren't re-ordering.

I also remember you posting about a Cosmo host harassing you just because you didn't play one time you were there.

I remember hearing from someone that Cosmo hosts are under huge pressure to "produce" and there is a large turnover there, thus putting all of the hosts in a perpetual bad mood.

I am surprised I am still getting offers from the Cosmo to stay there for free, as I haven't played anything there since they removed the limit holdem bot a number of months ago. Also, my status degraded from Platinum back to the bottom level.

Cosmo also acted extremely shady with how they treated their original condo buyers.

However, I don't know whose side to take in this labor dispute. Modern labor unions are extremely corrupt and tend to be more about serving the interests of longtime employees while screwing everyone else. When I see a business attempting to fight unionizing of its employees, I can't blame them.
    Did you earn status by the bot or did you status match with Total Rewards and then keep status?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    Interesting.

Did you earn status by the bot or did you status match with Total Rewards and then keep status?
    I did both.

Unfortunately the TR match didn't do me much good, because shortly after I did that, I earned it through the bot anyway.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I didn't understand the hype about Secret Pizza.

It was expensive, greasy, and while decent, nothing special.

I left wondering what the hype was all about.

Load Metric

Pizza in Vegas.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric

Better than Caesar's cafe/food court pizza.

Not that great and even more expensive than Secret Pizza

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post

Pizza in Vegas.

Sometimes you need greasy food at 4AM in Vegas.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post

Pizza in Vegas.

Sometimes you need greasy food at 4AM in Vegas.
    No doubt. Just the concept of pizza in Vegas is funny. I'm close to NYC so it's a snob thing.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Vegas has a ton of pizza places, many of which are 24 hours (uncommon in other western US cities).

This is largely because of the onetime-large mafia presence in Vegas.

Unfortunately, all of the places suck, and many have switched ownership over the years, so even the once-good Italian-owned places have gone downhilll (while maintaining their Italian names).

Load Metric
    Five 50 is the absolute nuts though.

Thread Information