Thread: arizona card rooms

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

arizona card rooms

Considering spending an extended period of time in the phoenix/scotsdale area and curious if anyone has had any experience playing at the card rooms down there. Not so much interested in hearing about the resort at Talking Stick (though thats welcome) but dont they have card clubs down there?

Also im pretty sure they still only offer SL games down there and curious if thats still the case

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ajfsports View Post
    Considering spending an extended period of time in the phoenix/scotsdale area and curious if anyone has had any experience playing at the card rooms down there. Not so much interested in hearing about the resort at Talking Stick (though thats welcome) but dont they have card clubs down there?

Also im pretty sure they still only offer SL games down there and curious if thats still the case

There are a few card rooms however the bloody indian tribes along with Harrahs Akchin made such a stink there was a mass raid of at least 2 to 3 that I know of in the area that got them shut down for violating the AZ Gambling laws (good ole rake rule got em again). I used to be on the Facebook mailing list for a couple now they've dropped off the face of the earth. Much as I hate to suggest it check the 2+2 section under Mortar and Brick (NOT B&M) totall diff section you might find some useful info there as well as status about any card rooms running. Yes technically its Spread Limit there but its so high that it essentially is NLHE I mean when youve got a top bet limit thats essentially 200bbs in alot of cases its not much of an issue and that doesnt even mean true capping if somebody did cap say a 1/2 at 300 bet the next could raise another 300 much like limit so like I said it plays essentially like NLHE.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ajfsports View Post

There are a few card rooms however the bloody indian tribes along with Harrahs Akchin made such a stink there was a mass raid of at least 2 to 3 that I know of in the area that got them shut down for violating the AZ Gambling laws (good ole rake rule got em again). I used to be on the Facebook mailing list for a couple now they've dropped off the face of the earth. Much as I hate to suggest it check the 2+2 section under Mortar and Brick (NOT B&M) totall diff section you might find some useful info there as well as status about any card rooms running. Yes technically its Spread Limit there but its so high that it essentially is NLHE I mean when youve got a top bet limit thats essentially 200bbs in alot of cases its not much of an issue and that doesnt even mean true capping if somebody did cap say a 1/2 at 300 bet the next could raise another 300 much like limit so like I said it plays essentially like NLHE.
    Yeah, the spread limit game at Talking Stick plays like NL. Don't bother on the card clubs. TS is best bet.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I played about a year ago at Talking Stick.

Played both 40-80 limit and 5-10 NL.

I remember an obnoxious policy about paying time (I think I had to pay as soon as I sat down) but other than that, it was a pretty standard poker experience.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Thanks for the info

Probably going to stick with talking stick and ask around down there if theres anything else worthwhile.

Druff good news is they arent doing time...bad news is that they rake every pot including chops according to 4 which is not only odd but PFA report worthy

Thread Information