Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daily Fantasy Sports space desperately needs regulation, big scandal breaking on fanduel

Load Metric

Daily Fantasy Sports space desperately needs regulation, big scandal breaking on fanduel

Apparently the biggest whale in all of Daily Fantasy Sports across all sites was able to change his lineups after contests locked last night, and was busted by numerous people last night AFTER the sites l.u locked.

The player is "Condia" who probably makes up ~10-15%+ of fanduels entire rake annually so their is incentive. He switched out Jarrett Jack/Tim Duncan for Goran Dragic/Taj Gibson last night.

The reason its significant is bc Jarrett Jack ended up being owned in over 60% of lineups while Dragic was only in 20% (huge edge on the field vs the other 60% of lineups with Jack) and same with his swap of Gibson for Duncan. Its easy to make these proper moves AFTER everyone else's lineups lock and you are able too see the owned % of said players, then switch out the lower owned guy with reasonably the same expectation.

The sad part is, it is starting to look like someone at fanduel possibly the "Manager" of support or some other bad seed is leaking this massive whale insider information, and allowing him a gross advantage. Do the people at the top know they have a mole among them, who knows, but this inst going anywhere. Truly the first major scandal on the biggest Daily Fantasy site in the world. Should be interesting to watch unfold.

Apparently people are calling the FBI and chit, no lie... its really gross he would have this edge, especially him because he plays EVERYTHING, all buy in levels, all contests, and literally cleans people out but obv. is getting help from the inside, a gross unfair advantage.

Moral of the story, Daily Fantasy Sports needs legitimate regulation, and this may have just been the exact undeniable proof people need to make the case for it.

Rotogrinders massive thread with first hand accounts AND proof in pictures of his lineup at 6:00 and then again at 6:01 post lock with the optimal lineup switch.

Not a fan of this site, but because it is quite a big scandal possibly I will link it, threads on fire explains all of what im talking about-

http://rotogrinders.com/threads/Cond..._mid_ga-217383

Is fanduel contributing to the cheating with house moles squealing to "friends" more, possibly, like who there big $ HU opponents are using that night(opponents l.u)?

This can really get dirty, it seems someone working for fanduel is an absolute scumbag, and it may be the customer support people.

People literally reporting fanduel to the FBI apparently. With proof now, of suspect insider type trading practices.

Comments

Pooh: kill yourself

Hockey Guy: Offset pooh rep

vegas1369: This is actually pretty interesting.

ftpjesus: Could this be a UB/AP type situation. Maybe this whale actually works for the company and is playing under a family members name or something..

nunbeater: actually a proper post
    Last edited by garrett; 01-05-2014 at 05:27 AM.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I suppose it is just ironic that Martha Stewart's middle name is Condia.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Fanduel has a superuser. Awesome.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I can confirm this screenname is all over draftday as well...

during football season (and now that basketball is in full swing) he is registered from everything from $2.20-$500...all game types from HU to 3-6 max, to hundred-plus player games...

interesting shit there...

Load Metric
    I actually heard this guy interviewed with high praise on the Rotogrinder's show on Sirius. Dude is making over a mil a year playing fantasy sports and is obv a big deal to these guys. Just like with the poker sites, when there is big money involved and no regulation it's only natural there is going to be some big time scamming going on. So yeah, NaturalbornHustler nailed it, we have our first version of a superuser in fantasy now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Lol , knew this was gonna happen . Still funny tho , and yet people will continue to give obv cheating sites business lol . A fool and his money are soon parted !

Load Metric
    fanduel responds with some lol generic response, pretty much expected.

A technical glitch obv. bc he has so much volume, it took a LONG time for all HIS lineups to be corrected. Really awful response. Keep in mind, NO one else had this issue but condia, and many people play very high volume as well. Smells awfully fishy, and a total cover up type response. Like the kind of response they had scripted and in the reserve for the very day what they hoped didnt happen, did.

"The issue was that some users saw Condia’s lineup change after games had started. Specifically, it appeared as if Jack was replaced with Dragic and Duncan was replaced with Gibson. Rest assured this was not a late edit, but rather an issue with our live scoring system not showing an edit that was made close to game start due to technical issues (complete explanation below).

We understand this looks concerning, however this was purely a display issue and our system never, under any circumstances, allows an edit to be made once games have started.

Condia’s pre-edit lineup scored a total of 346.4. The updated lineup, again, submitted before game start, scored 347.5, a difference of 1.1 points. To compensate the small number of users who would have won based on the rosters they were seeing on screen, we are paying those players as if they won.

We have taken technical steps to ensure this will not happen again. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and confusion this has caused."

link with entire response-
    https://www.fanduel.com/insider/2014...ue-resolution/

Plausible, or sounds like a CYA (cover your A$$) type response?

Just very interesting this glitch they refer too happened to NO one BUT Condia.
    Last edited by garrett; 01-06-2014 at 01:48 PM. Reason: typos

Load Metric
    One more funny caveat to this whole story but interesting is, all of the technical jobs (glitch) ever listed are in Ireland. They may be licensed by the Alderney Gambling Control Commission =)
    Last edited by garrett; 01-06-2014 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Scottland

Silver
    Load Metric
    Name:  tumblr_lw5umvdBnG1qd1n3fo1_500.gif
Views: 5658
Size:  493.1 KB

garrett.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    I actually heard this guy interviewed with high praise on the Rotogrinder's show on Sirius. Dude is making over a mil a year playing fantasy sports and is obv a big deal to these guys. Just like with the poker sites, when there is big money involved and no regulation it's only natural there is going to be some big time scamming going on. So yeah, NaturalbornHustler nailed it, we have our first version of a superuser in fantasy now.
    I have to ask how the hell is this possible?

do that many high stakes games really run over all these sites?

I just question there actually being that much high stakes fantasy liquidity out there...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    I have to ask how the hell is this possible?

do that many high stakes games really run over all these sites?

I just question there actually being that much high stakes fantasy liquidity out there...

Since you apparently are not aware, daily fantasy sports functions just like online poker.

You can play heads up contests, sit n go type contests from 3player contests to 250 player contest, as well as big fields similar to the Pokerstars guarantees/Sunday Million etc. The big money is in the big fields, lower risk/high reward type contests like the NFL 90k guarenteed $10 buy-in (fanduel) every Sunday during NFL season. Much more variance in the big fields no different than a big field MTT. NBA season every Tuesday (tonight) and Fri night is massive $25 90k guarenteed and 10k up top. They also have a $25 NFL Bomb 300k guarenteed, which is like 13k entries 25k up top.

Big money in this chit, BIG money. The huslers/grinders play lots of Heads up contests on sites like fanduel because they are the most liquid of any site. Bumhunters a plenty just like online poker. Having said that, the scummy tactics the "experts" are allowed to employ is ridiculous, especially HU. They often wont play each other or certain accounts, just like at poker bc they have no real edge, if they play a big enough sample they will essentially just trade money back and forth, while only paying rake (net loss). Only one who wins in that case is the house so certain "clans" agree not to take one anothers game. Daily Fantasy is very sordid in that sense, and the high stakes is a very small group, and they all know one another, very much like poker in that sense also. Many are essentially filling the void left by having no online poker, with husling Daily Fantasy Sports effectively.

Except that is where it gets kind of scummy, and regulation is needed. Their is no policy against lineup sharing, which is insane so you could assume you are spreading your variance in some HU contests playing what appear to be "different" accounts (people), only to find out when lineups unlock you realize that even though you are playing what appear to be separate accounts, they are running the same lineup vs. you. You are playing the same lineup/person/brain, just on 2 accounts. That can be used to scumbag EV from contests. Totally scummy and a mistake most only make once. They are essentially "clans".

Take Condia for example, he and the account "1lucror" are the same. NBA NFL any contest, they run the same lineups, although they will run a few diff lineups to control variance on a particular night, but fact is if you are playing Condia, essentially the same brain. Incredibly this is ALLOWED. Another example of why regulation is needed. Forgot about that, yes people lineup share and angles-hoot the f out of people with this. Its really fd up its allowed.

To sum it all up, where do you think many of the online poker minds went who gave up on online poker and offshore sites? They run their game on fantasy sports, and yes their is PLENTY of liquidity/action in Daily Fantasy Sports on fanduel, all functioning through paypal. Easy money on, easy money off with fast payouts.
    Last edited by garrett; 01-07-2014 at 07:54 AM. Reason: typos

Load Metric
    Is nothing sacred! Daily Fantasy Sports not safe? But this was carved out from UIGEA as legal! lol

[disclaimer: I only play NFL at the lowest of levels.]

I only started playing daily fantasy football in 2012 on Draftstreet. Condia was one of the first names I learned. He was in every game I played with 20+ entrants. And I noticed he was playing great. Last year, I branched out to FanDuel and DraftKings. Condia was on FD but not DK. It's funny, I never sat down with Daniel on PokerStars, but I could hardly get away from the poster boy for daily fantasy sports!

Now FanDuel is an interesting site. For Football (and I assume basketball), you can see your opponents' whole lineups as soon as the tournament locks with the earliest game's start time. (On other sites, only players whose games are starting are shown. If someone has players going Monday night, they are hidden Thursday and Sunday.) So as soon the Thursday night game starts, people start posting links to Condia's lineup in the chat box. Now Condia never went crazy with Thursday night players, so one could (in effect) steal his lineup and use it for the tourneys that start Sunday! Fantasy writer David Dodds mentioned this Thursday night information gathering (not Condia, but overall player distribution) as a key personal strategy.

So this Condia scandal surprises me for two reasons. One: on FanDuel, everyone can see lineups as soon as the game starts. Two, everyone is looking at Condia's lineup immediately and intently! Further, FanDuel has to be just printing money. Based on Fantasy Football, Condia didn't NEED to cheat. But greed is a powerful thing, who knows. People hate on Condia in chat (shocker, right?) all the time and accuse other accounts of being his dupes.

Cliffs:
    - I'm a loser who spent much too much time playing fantasy football
    - Condia is a boss, and ubiquitous to boot
    - Condia would seem to be the easiest guy to catch cheating

PS. Anyone playing NBA, fill in the gaps, please.

Load Metric
    LOL @ FanDuel....

FanDuel's "Guaranteed" tournaments dont really have 5000 or 10000 players, 80-90% of these "players" are company accounts. This is why most of the winners in their larger tourneys on any given night are guys with 0-10 wins yet have been members of the site for 2-4 years, somehow have the perfect lineup, always cash out, never chat (they since removed the chat feature) and you never see them play again. Go look at the results for any of their large games tonight, note the large amount of accounts that have these same things in common.

If you do play there, stick to h2h and smaller games, never large leagues or tourneys.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    i play on draftday and condia plays everything from 1-1050 but i think dude just puts in sick volume and has a nice bankroll
    hes not that great but overall hes solid, i find the user RexGrossman to be the best in NBA on draftday at least.

Load Metric
    This is interesting, just noticed on top of the fanduel home page, Washington State residents can no longer play for real money.

"We regret to announce that we are no longer able to accept paying players from Washington state.

We constantly monitor the legal environment in which we operate. This means in the last 2 years we were able to open up to two previously restricted states, Maryland and Vermont, who passed legislation allowing fantasy sports.

However in a recent legal review our lawyers have advised us that we should exit Washington for paid games. Note, there is no specific event that has caused us to make this change. This means Washington joins Arizona, Iowa, Louisiana and Montana on the list of states that we must restrict. The change now brings our list of excluded states in line with major fantasy providers like CBS Sports.

The restriction affects both new and existing players.

We sympathize with players in Washington who have enjoyed playing for real money on FanDuel. We are currently working with the Fantasy Sports Trade Association to get the laws changed or clarified in these five restricted states. In the meantime we invite you to enjoy free games on FanDuel, and of course to withdraw your account balance if you have one
    ."

Is this just Washington State residents on fanduel, or is this across all Daily Fantasy Sports sites?
    Last edited by garrett; 02-15-2014 at 07:00 AM. Reason: added entire quote

Load Metric
    Bump

Almost 2 year old thread but is relevant given the recent DFS scandal breaking on insider trading/moles in DFS.

It's disgusting and sadly for anyone who has been playing a while now, you kind of just always knew it existed and had no choice but to accept it. I mean really who are you going to complain too, regulators (who don't exist)?

Load Metric
    I will never understand how fantasy sports are legal in all states except Washington yet regulated online poker is only available in a few states.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    I will never understand how fantasy sports are legal in all states except Washington yet regulated online poker is only available in a few states.
    They also aren't offered in Arizona, Iowa, Louisiana, and Montana.

Michigan is also being cut off in some of the smaller sites like Stars Draft because of a potential new law and statement from the gambling control board head honcho stating DFS should be considered illegal.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Looks like DFS sites doing damage control and not not allowing any of their employees to play on either site.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/06/sp...vals.html?_r=0

what a clusterfuck this is

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    ^^^

That sounds great moving forward but a lot of damage has already been done so if they think this will make it right now after the fact then that is hilarious.

This is not going to end well and will fuel people to come against them whether it be in large class action lawsuits or other forms of legal ramifications.

No employee should have access to key information like this which I mentioned earlier they can easily sell it, give it to a friend to play for them to profit that way,etc...

Their already were people selling various tips from within the sites themselves whether it be to the open market or to a few people who were willing to pay for it. It's a dangerous game they have been playing and it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Who knows what information and how many people have access to it within these DFS sites?

I was really just starting to get into DFS this year nd now I'm not going to redeposit anymore just playing out what I have in small tournaments for fun and where the shark insiders are less likely to be targeting.

Thread Information