Thread: I Predict the new "CHiPs" movie is going to be major fail

Load Metric

I Predict the new "CHiPs" movie is going to be major fail

Thing comes out in 8 weeks and not a single trailer for it exists.. Apparently Larry Wilcox (the original John Baker) is furious at the pile of steaming shit Dax Sheppard has put out.. (What could go wrong with Dax Sheppard and Michael Pena as Baker and Ponch right).. Dax even got his wifey a part (Kristen Bell) guessing shes playing the blonde bimbo CHP officer that's was supposed to be Eye candy in the TV Show... In fact the only remotely ironic and intriguing part is Vincent D'Onfrio playing the lead bad guy an ex cop (Ok the ironic twist that we find out he's really a pissed off former NYPD cop going nuts would be perfect given his part on Law and Order CI). Anyway I predict this steaming pile of crap will last couple weeks in the theaters and be out on DVD by May. (if they somehow don't decide to just screw the whole theatrical release)

Silver
    Load Metric
    Damn, now that's a hot take!

Load Metric
    I think Todd already covered this in one of the other fail sequel threads.

When will Hollywood learn.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Should be a hit.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyMonkeyBaby View Post
    Thing comes out in 8 weeks and not a single trailer for it exists.. Apparently Larry Wilcox (the original John Baker) is furious at the pile of steaming shit Dax Sheppard has put out.. (What could go wrong with Dax Sheppard and Michael Pena as Baker and Ponch right).. Dax even got his wifey a part (Kristen Bell) guessing shes playing the blonde bimbo CHP officer that's was supposed to be Eye candy in the TV Show... In fact the only remotely ironic and intriguing part is Vincent D'Onfrio playing the lead bad guy an ex cop (Ok the ironic twist that we find out he's really a pissed off former NYPD cop going nuts would be perfect given his part on Law and Order CI). Anyway I predict this steaming pile of crap will last couple weeks in the theaters and be out on DVD by May. (if they somehow don't decide to just screw the whole theatrical release)

Would still make it better than the original series.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I agree it sounds like a fail.

Many times these modern remakes of '70s and '80s shows fail to understand what was charming about the original in the first place, and they completely fail to re-create that element.

The perfect film remake of these series would keep the general tone/feel/characters of the original, while updating it so as to not look dated.

"Miami Vice" was a perfect example of how they screwed this up. They pretty much threw away everything that was good about the original series, and presented a lousy, confusing, generic cop action film. No chemistry between Crockett and Tubbs, paper thin supporting characters, and perhaps worst of all, most of the movie didn't take place in Miami! It was a travesty.

Thread Information