Thread: Your cinnamon rolls are too cinnamony- EU lulz

Load Metric

Your cinnamon rolls are too cinnamony- EU lulz

I hope this isn't the direction that the United State is headed. You would think that they would have bigger fish to fry over there given the economic situations in some of the countries.

http://news.msn.com/offbeat/danish-c...ny-says-the-eu

Denmark may soon have to say farvel* to everyone's favorite Danish pastry, the kanelsnegle — a luscious cinnamon bun Europe's food authorities say exceeds the EU limit of cinnamon per treat. We're not making this up.

Cassia cinnamon, the most common strain, contains an ingredient called coumarin that has been found to cause liver damage in a small group of susceptible people. Coumarin is only dangerous in high doses. Because of this, EU officials decided in 2008 to cap use of the ingredient — and therefore, cinnamon — to between five and 50 milligrams per kilogram of food. The ban traditionally is relaxed around the holiday season, when cinnamon takes center stage, but a recent Danish surveyfound that nearly half of the pastries tested for coumarin levels were way past the legally allotted amount. Now, Danish bakers have been asked to tone it down. But they're not giving up without a fight.

Load Metric
    At one point or another these insolent lib's will ban life, because ultimately life will lead to death.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    I hope this isn't the direction that the United State is headed. You would think that they would have bigger fish to fry over there given the economic situations in some of the countries.

Denmark may soon have to say farvel* to everyone's favorite Danish pastry, the kanelsnegle — a luscious cinnamon bun Europe's food authorities say exceeds the EU limit of cinnamon per treat. We're not making this up.

Cassia cinnamon, the most common strain, contains an ingredient called coumarin that has been found to cause liver damage in a small group of susceptible people. Coumarin is only dangerous in high doses. Because of this, EU officials decided in 2008 to cap use of the ingredient — and therefore, cinnamon — to between five and 50 milligrams per kilogram of food. The ban traditionally is relaxed around the holiday season, when cinnamon takes center stage, but a recent Danish surveyfound that nearly half of the pastries tested for coumarin levels were way past the legally allotted amount. Now, Danish bakers have been asked to tone it down. But they're not giving up without a fight.
    Too late, from today: http://townhall.com/tipsheet/sarahje...lions-n1769326

Not even vending machines are outside the scope of Obamacare mandates. Under the bill's new labeling regulations nutrition information must be placed next to each slot of candy bars, chips, peanuts and cracker-jacks.

Around 457 pages into Obamcare, section 4205 stipulates:

"the vending machine operator shall provide a sign in close proximity to each article of food or the selection button that includes a clear and conspicuous statement disclosing the number of calories contained in the article."

fucking joke
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    Just wanted to let you all know, that, despite these issues with Cinnamon, you can NEVER have enough GINGER.

:realtalk
    Last edited by DRK Star; 12-28-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

"the vending machine operator shall provide a sign in close proximity to each article of food or the selection button that includes a clear and conspicuous statement disclosing the number of calories contained in the article."

fucking joke

Why is this so bad to have calories per each snack displayed next to it? Seems like a good thing to me.

FUCKING JOKE THEY PUT THIS BAG OF CHIPS HAS 350 CALORIES HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHY DID I HAVE TO KNOW THAT?

i really don't understand your point here.
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post

fucking joke

Why is this so bad to have calories per each snack displayed next to it? Seems like a good thing to me.

FUCKING JOKE THEY PUT THIS BAG OF CHIPS HAS 350 CALORIES HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHY DID I HAVE TO KNOW THAT?

Ok, from now on, whatever your business is that you're in, you now have to carry around a 350 lb sign that describes in detail what your business does, and the government is not going to help you design, construct, carry or fund that sign. That's why, because it's fiat. Now go clean your room, because I said so.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

Ok, from now on, whatever your business is that you're in, you now have to carry around a 350 lb sign that describes in detail what your business does, and the government is not going to help you design, construct, carry or fund that sign. That's why, because it's fiat. Now go clean your room, because I said so.
    Somehow packaged foods have been doing it for the past 40 years without going bankrupt. Several cities have started requiring calorie and fat content to be posted on fast food menus, and I haven't heard of any of them going bankrupt. The places that really need to show calorie values are casual dining places like TGI Fridays. They have salads that are 1000 calories. An Outback Bloomin Onion is 2000 calories and that's an appetizer. I think these places should be able to serve whatever crap they want, and people should be free to buy them (those Bloomin Onions are fucking good). But at least follow the same rules that apply to packaged food.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post

Somehow packaged foods have been doing it for the past 40 years without going bankrupt. Several cities have started requiring calorie and fat content to be posted on fast food menus, and I haven't heard of any of them going bankrupt. The places that really need to show calorie values are casual dining places like TGI Fridays. They have salads that are 1000 calories. An Outback Bloomin Onion is 2000 calories and that's an appetizer. I think these places should be able to serve whatever crap they want, and people should be free to buy them (those Bloomin Onions are fucking good). But at least follow the same rules that apply to packaged food.
    Again, you go for detail when I was being broad. He stated he didn't get why not so I gave him the alternate way of looking at it. I mean I like that food has labels and I wish it would go a step farther with meat and veg in that the label tells me what farms it was sourced from. But that is a decision I make as a consumer, not my all knowing what's good for me, mommy and daddy government telling me that eating food can kill me. Next thing is a huge red label proclaiming 'studies have shown that meat with bones in it is a choking hazard'. At some point it is completely insane. People like you don't know where that fucking line is.

Load Metric
    A number containing the number of a calories seems to be to be only a good thing. I think that transparency for consumers is almost always a good thing.

Keep going with the slippery slope/strawmen though - they are super relevant to this posted calorie number.
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    People like you don't know where that fucking line is.
    -

I think he has a good fucking idea where the line is. And all of your fantasy-land stuff is on the other side of it

Load Metric
    People like you don't know where that fucking line is.
    -

I think he has a good fucking idea where the line is. And all of your fantasy-land stuff is on the other side of it
    Go back to Dirty B's comment about 40 years of labels, then go back the 1+ million before that when we didn't have any. Go look at a pack of cigs. Who is that label for? The guy who doesn't care or the imbecile that can't read it because he never got out of 3rd grade reading? The assumption is that people other than you or me or B. are complete and utter idiots that need a label to tell them this stupid shit that anyone should know anyway. The only thing it does is make people like YOU feel better because the guy that the label is for... HE AIN'T READING IT, JACK.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Go look at a pack of cigs. Who is that label for? The guy who doesn't care or the imbecile that can't read it because he never got out of 3rd grade reading? The assumption is that people other than you or me or B. are complete and utter idiots that need a label to tell them this stupid shit that anyone should know anyway. The only thing it does is make people like YOU feel better because the guy that the label is for... HE AIN'T READING IT, JACK.

Yeah agree about cigarette label - that is pretty stupid. I'm not sure about the history of it, but wasn't that in part a reaction to all of the $ cigarette co's were spending to claim that they did not cause health problems? I could be way off here, I literally don't know the history.

As for calorie stuff on packaged food. I mean it is kind of hard to estimate calories in a packaged food item. I honestly feel like I would use this information for me. I'm not trying to help poor old dumb fuck billy who could give 2 shits. And the #1 thing in maintaining/losing weight is # of calories you eat, I feel like just having the # there would be good for everyone.

I think all chain restaurants serving standardized food should have calorie info available too (it doesnt have to be right next to the item, but buried in the back of menu would be fine). In Oregon, all chain restaurants have to have this, and it is honestly useful to me, as someone who tries to eat x calories per day. I mean some restaurant that changes it's food every day shouldn't have to figure it out daily, but all chains already know this info.

I mean I do see where you are coming from, but raw calorie numbers are v useful, and agree warning labels are stupid

Load Metric

fucking joke

I actually agree with you to some extent especially since implementing this isnt all that hard to do.

But I hate seeing the rules being made up for small businesses after they already spent a lot of money and resources into building their infrastructure. Now they need to take on this expense to comply.

If they want to do this for new vending machine companies then so be it. At least then the new company knows the rules beforehand and can decide if the business can be viable with this new expense before investing in it

I do find it sad, however, that we have gotten to the point the government has this much contempt for its citizens that they find doing this necessary. It show just how fucking stupid the majority of the population is. Or how stupid the government thinks the population is. Either way it is shitty.
    Last edited by cmoney; 12-28-2013 at 04:43 PM.
    :freelewfather

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    What else are you supposed to do with them ffs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric

I actually agree with you to some extent especially since implementing this isnt all that hard to do.

But I hate seeing the rules being made up for small businesses after they already spent a lot of money and resources into building their infrastructure. Now they need to take on this expense to comply.

If they want to do this for new vending machine companies then so be it. At least then the new company knows the rules beforehand and can decide if the business can be viable with this new expense before investing in it

I do find it sad, however, that we have gotten to the point the government has this much contempt for its citizens that they find doing this necessary. It show just how fucking stupid the majority of the population is. Or how stupid the government thinks the population is. Either way it is shitty.
    Cities that have required putting calories on menus have put in exemptions for restaurants that have a small number of locations or take in below a certain level of revenue.

For as much as people like to bitch about the potential for "socialized health care" in the US, we already have two massive government health care programs in Medicare and Medicaid. Overweight people are costing those programs an absolute fortune. My first job was doing data analysis for a company that contracted to do questionaires for like 10,000 workers at a client company that tried to get them to lose weight and generally be healthier. If you can prevent a handful of people from developing diabetes, or heart disease, or having strokes, you can cut millions of dollars from your insurance costs.

If we can do little things that can prevent huge costs on our economy and our society, it makes sense to me.

Load Metric

Cities that have required putting calories on menus have put in exemptions for restaurants that have a small number of locations or take in below a certain level of revenue.

For as much as people like to bitch about the potential for "socialized health care" in the US, we already have two massive government health care programs in Medicare and Medicaid. Overweight people are costing those programs an absolute fortune. My first job was doing data analysis for a company that contracted to do questionaires for like 10,000 workers at a client company that tried to get them to lose weight and generally be healthier. If you can prevent a handful of people from developing diabetes, or heart disease, or having strokes, you can cut millions of dollars from your insurance costs.

If we can do little things that can prevent huge costs on our economy and our society, it makes sense to me.
    Listen, libs that are in control hate humans. Libs like you that buy their lies don't understand that. When you start justifying cost controls over freedom you have lost the game. It's just one decimal point from saying who gets surgery and who gets the pain pill. Oh wait, some jonny b doogooder already used that phrase to justify not taking care of the poorist and weakest of us. Sounds great as a speech, as implemented we get Sibelious telling a family that their 10 year old daughter that she isn't getting a kidney. It manifests itself with power hungry 'cost savers' like Mayor Bloomberg that try to 'save lives' by limiting how large a container of a beverage you can purchase, with your own money, a legal substance, in the United States of America.

You don't like it? You can fuck off out of here. Freedom, not freebies.

Load Metric

Unfortunately, we DO have socialized health care. We have long ago gone down the slippery slope.

Yeah, losing weight will increase your chances to remain healthier longer and reduce costs.... but let that be the insurance and policy holders concern... mutual (policy holder owned USAA, State Farm, etc.) insurance companies are more than capable of working that shit out.

Unfortunately, it is too late for enterprising Americans to creatively meet the needs of society through free enterprise.

In an unforseen stroke of luck, we find ourselves living in a golden age of government. The "best and brightest" minds have chosen a life of public service and are selflessly looking out for our best interests.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

Too late, from today: http://townhall.com/tipsheet/sarahje...lions-n1769326

Not even vending machines are outside the scope of Obamacare mandates. Under the bill's new labeling regulations nutrition information must be placed next to each slot of candy bars, chips, peanuts and cracker-jacks.

Around 457 pages into Obamcare, section 4205 stipulates:

fucking joke

the Mafia owns a ton of the vending machines (especially the ones in bars), they are not going to be very happy
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    It may just be me but I don't think nutritional info on a vending machine will make a difference. People who are eating from a vending machine probably don't care what it is as long as they get something in their stomach quickly.

Thread Information