• Wolf of Wall Street

10 50.00%
  • Other

3 15.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coin Flipping On Which Movie To See At The Show - Discuss

Load Metric

Coin Flipping On Which Movie To See At The Show - Discuss

So what will it be and why? Wolf of Wall Street or Hobbit II? Either way i'm in for 3 hours of glory.

Last edited by 4Dragons; 12-28-2013 at 08:37 AM.

Load Metric
    DVD Screener season is kicking in

Smaug is popping up all over today online (watching a stream in background right now actually).

Im torn on this one, because I cant stand the thought of that assclown in Wolf of W.S. openly celebrating how he ripped all those people off. The guy still owns money to his victims.

Go with Smaug. Its always better to take advantage of the movie theater (large screen and sound) for the movies that have special effects. Wolf can be enjoyed just as much at home on flatscreen on couch.

Edit: Agreed. I was still adding more when you commented. Take advantage of 3D at theater for Smaug.

Comments

4Dragons: DAT 3D THO

Ryback_feed_me_more: Smaug is the sure fire winner. Saw it in Imax 3D and it fucking was awesome.. Couple seems almost felt like I was gonna fall outta my seat and wasnt even drunk hahaha

Load Metric
    Go with the Wolf
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post
    Go with the Wolf
    Yeah, it's looking that way. Curious to know what the 2 votes that said 'other' wanted me to see? To not specify is really a crappy thing to do. Left me hangin'.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Go with the Wolf
    "SHIIIITT, NEGRO.....THATS ALL YOU HAD TO SAY!"

ftfy

Comments

nunbeater: legit lol rep

Load Metric
    Go with the Wolf
    Yeah, it's looking that way. Curious to know what the 2 votes that said 'other' wanted me to see? To not specify is really a crappy thing to do. Left me hangin'.

Didn't vote, but I really enjoyed American Hustle. I'm in the minority that isn't a huge fan of the Hobbit movies, so my choice of those 2 is obvious, but I didn't vote because if you're contemplating the sequel, you're a fan.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Didn't vote, but I really enjoyed American Hustle. I'm in the minority that isn't a huge fan of the Hobbit movies, so my choice of those 2 is obvious, but I didn't vote because if you're contemplating the sequel, you're a fan.
    That, and I know someone that worked on the fx, so i'm curious to see more of the stuff he did, I mean, outside hand punching the hair into the hobbit foot prosthetics.

Load Metric
    Out of The Furnace was great. Bale, Casey Affleck

Secret Life of Walter Mitty looks good

and as someone else said, American Hustle
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Teddy Monroe does the coin flipping around here.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    I slept through the Hobbit but the wife liked it.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Hobbit in HFR 3d (IMAX if possible). Don't see it unless it's 3d HFR as you won't be seeing the real movie.

Comments

Ryback_feed_me_more: +1 IMAX 3D rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Hobbit in HCY 3d (IYEB if possible). Don't see it unless it's 3d HCY as you won't be watching a movie that is super moist.
    OIC

Comments

tony bagadonuts: I don't understand the corrections but I should rep

bukowski72: bring earplugs...heard it was FUCKING LOUD at the IMAX

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post

"SHIIIITT, NEGRO.....THATS ALL YOU HAD TO SAY!"

ftfy
    save for future use:

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    Wolf because it's Martin Scorsese.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    just about every showtime was sold out @ 2 theatres yesterday, also tried getting celtics tickets for yesterdays game ( and they suck) and decent seats were going for $350 lol

Load Metric
    Hobbit in HFR 3d (IMAX if possible). Don't see it unless it's 3d HFR as you won't be seeing the real movie.

I guess thats why I slept through most of it. The action scenes just went on forever and at 1 point it looked like a video game. Just shit thats too unreal for me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    American Hustle DVD Screener has been leaked on the internet today.

http://tv-release.net/239081/America...20AAC-AVeNGeRZ

Load Metric
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-street-667837
    Electus
 CEO Chris Grant is planning an uplifting show that sees former financier Jordan Belfort stepping in to help others who have hit rock bottom.

The real-life inspiration for the hard-partying financial swindler played by Leonardo DiCaprio could be TV’s next reality star.

From the first pages of Jordan Belfort’s outrageous 2007 memoir, The Wolf of Wall Street -- in which he shares staggering tales of drug-taking excess as he scammed investors out of $110 million throughout the 1990s -- Electus
 CEO Chris Grant was hopelessly smitten with its larger-than-life narrator.
    “I knew without even seeing a picture of him that he could be a talent
 both behind and in front of the camera,” says Grant, an enthusiastic book collector who runs the Ben Silverman founded studio behind such series as Fashion Star and Mob Wives.

Grant tracked down Belfort, 
who, after serving 28 months for his crimes, now works as a successful motivational speaker based out
 of Manhattan Beach, Calif. The pair then worked together to devise a pitch tailored to Belfort’s “unique set of business skills.”
    The result is an uplifting show that sees Belfort, now 51, stepping in to help others who, like him, have hit rock bottom but still hold out some hope for redemption.
    Interest has been high for the project among those networks that already have met the author, says Grant, who describes the reaction of several execs to Belfort’s magnetic, made-for-reality personality: “He was described to 
us after leaving the room as ‘TV gold.' "
    Since its Christmas Day release, the Martin Scorsese-directed Wolf of Wall Street has grossed north of $30 million at the stateside box office. The R-rated film was widely praised by critics but has also seen some backlash over the portrayal of Belfort's crimes.

Christina McDowell, who stated that Belfort had once been chosen to testify against her father, wrote a critical open letter published in L.A. Weekly addressed to the filmmakers. "Your film is a reckless attempt at continuing to pretend that these sorts of schemes are entertaining, even as the country is reeling from yet another round of Wall Street scandals," she argued.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    DVD Screener season is kicking in

Smaug is popping up all over today online (watching a stream in background right now actually).

Im torn on this one, because I cant stand the thought of that assclown in Wolf of W.S. openly celebrating how he ripped all those people off. The guy still owns money to his victims.

Go with Smaug. Its always better to take advantage of the movie theater (large screen and sound) for the movies that have special effects. Wolf can be enjoyed just as much at home on flatscreen on couch.

Edit: Agreed. I was still adding more when you commented. Take advantage of 3D at theater for Smaug.
    He's not seeing a dime of this money if that helps you feel better about seeing it. From a recent FB post:

As you can imagine, I am very busy right now, but I owe this post to all my loyal friends and fans who have supported me since the beginning: For the record, I am not turning over 50% of the profits of the books and the movie, which was what the government had wanted me to do. Instead, I insisted on turning over 100% of the profits of both books and the movie, which is to say, I am not making a single dime on any of this. This should amount to countless millions of dollars and hopefully be more than enough to pay back anyone who is still out there. I thought this was already public information, as I have already said it publicly numerous times, but apparently there is so much NOISE right now that it has gotten lost in the shuffle. So, again, for the record: I am not making any royalties off the film or the books, and I am totally content with that. My income comes from new life, which is far better than my old one. (Although I will admit the Quaaludes were kind of fun, at least in the beginning. Thankfully, they’re illegal! and impossible to find!)
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    Well, skip Wolf of Wall Street.

I feel like I was swindled out of $12. I was poised to love this movie and I came out feeling like I wasted 3 hours on a Saturday night.

A real thin Goodfellas with no energy, bite or tension. Yeah, it displayed Belfort's wretched excess but after the first half hour I was bored.

Scorcese's worst movie in 50 years.

Characters are one dimensional. No character development. Nothing interesting or compelling about Belfort or his sidekick played by Jonah Hill.

Include me on the list for restitution.

Thread Information