Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: THE UFC 168 OFFICIAL THREAD

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

THE UFC 168 OFFICIAL THREAD

Card:

Event: UFC 168: "Weidman vs. Silva 2"
    Date: Sat., Dec. 28, 2013, at 10 p.m. ET on pay-per-view (PPV)

Main Event:

185 lbs.: UFC Middleweight Champion Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva

Pay-Per-View Main Card (10 p.m. ET):

135 lbs.: UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate
    265 lbs.: Josh Barnett vs. Travis Browne
    155 lbs.: Fabricio Camoes vs. Jim Miller
    145 lbs.: Diego Brandao vs. Dustin Poirier

FOX Sports 1 Prelims (8 p.m. ET):

185 lbs.: Uriah Hall vs. Chris Leben
    155 lbs.: Michael Johnson vs. Gleison Tibau
    145 lbs.: Manny Gamburyan vs. Dennis Siver
    185 lbs.: Siyar Bahadurzada vs. John Howard

Facebook Prelims (7 p.m. ET):

170 lbs.: William Macario vs. Bobby Voelker
    145 lbs.: Estevan Payan vs. Robbie Peralta

For those who either didn't see or want to again the first time Silva vs. Weidman went down here:

As for the main event I've watched the fight a couple times and Silva's head was NEVER in this fight at all. He was clowning 100%.

Silva is -130 to -180 favorite and deserves to be so. The question becomes if Silva brings it to the level he is capable then can Weidman compete since he really wasn't tested at all in the first fight so nobody can really go off of that?

Load Metric
    silva at -380 would be tempting. silva at -180 or better is just a huge sack of money with a $ painted on the side.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Don't forget that Kountermove is doing a huge $25K fantasy tournament for it too. $10 buy in with $5K for fitrst. It's a good cheap way to sweat the fights. I'm in and usually Crowe, Hockey, Kuntmissioner and a few other locals get in.

https://www.kountermove.com/join/189...-silva-2-T-10/

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    silva at -380 would be tempting. silva at -180 or better is just a huge sack of money with a $ painted on the side.
    I thought that the first time. I also thought the real JDS would show up in the rematch vs Cain. Everything points to it being a destruction but who knows. Talent wise theres no comparison and I said that before the 1st fight. If AS fights his best he beats him 9 out of 10 and probably 10 out of 10.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    If AS fights his best he beats him 9 out of 10 and probably 10 out of 10.
    What is Silva's best now? If it's a quarter step slower than it was a few years ago, Silva loses again. There's no gradual downslope in a position like this, at the top of 185. If Silva has started his slide, he may as well fall off the cliff. Either way, for sure, he doesn't take this 9 out of 10 times.

16 years fighting professionally. This ain't a forever job, and Andy's lasted way longer on top than anyone else. Like an nfl receiver who's lost just a fraction of a step, that's pretty much all it takes.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    What is Silva's best now? If it's a quarter step slower than it was a few years ago, Silva loses again. There's no gradual downslope in a position like this, at the top of 185. If Silva has started his slide, he may as well fall off the cliff. Either way, for sure, he doesn't take this 9 out of 10 times.

16 years fighting professionally. This ain't a forever job, and Andy's lasted way longer on top than anyone else. Like an nfl receiver who's lost just a fraction of a step, that's pretty much all it takes.
    Silva still beats him 9 outta 10
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    If Silva loses its only because I said he almost certainly wouldnt and couldnt lose.

Comments

shortbuspoker: kiss of doom rep

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    That's good too. They spotted me a $10 credit for some reason or another so I'm actually freerolling the $25K also. I hate to say it but I took Anderson.

Load Metric
    If it's a quarter step slower than it was a few years ago, Silva loses again. There's no gradual downslope in a position like this
    For further proof of this look no further that Chuck Liddell. He spent his entire career beating people with his counter-punching ability. Then he was a second slow to the punch against Rashad and his career was basically over. He went from the LHW goat to punch drunk in a split second.

Load Metric

Dude you're smoking some shit. Of course anyone can get caught but hes light years ahead of Weidman as a fighter. Weidman looked scared Silva literally stood right in front of him with his hands down and Weidman still couldnt do anything until the 1 punch connected perfectly. If Silva is dumb enough to do that again then I hope he gets knocked out again, but it wont happen.

I expect Silva to throw tons leg kicks and pick him apart on their feet. Unless CW can hold him down for 5 rounds like Chael he will lose barring a 1 punch ko that can happen to anyone.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

If it's a quarter step slower than it was a few years ago, Silva loses again. There's no gradual downslope in a position like this
    For further proof of this look no further that Chuck Liddell. He spent his entire career beating people with his counter-punching ability. Then he was a second slow to the punch against Rashad and his career was basically over. He went from the LHW goat to punch drunk in a split second.

Except CL lost 2 of his last 3 fights heading into that fight. Thats really an awful comparison.

Load Metric
    i expect we will see the return of silva's muay thai plum.

Load Metric
    I just get the feeling that this will just end up on the ground as a rolly polly match for Silva to win. I like the idea that they do this standing, but now that Silva has been ko'd once, these guys just never seem to recover from it. I guess the other way I see it going would be a >1min ko from Silva out of the gate, just to rub the kid's nose in it.

Are they doing DREAM on new years? I may have to find a source for it if they are.

Load Metric
    so apparently someone fucked up and put miesha and ronda in adjacent rooms, and ronda is having a meltdown because miesha was running her vacuum cleaner last night at 2am.

:LOLZ

Load Metric
    Chael Sonnen knocked Silva down with punches before. He's not exactly granite-chinned. It don't take a miracle to knock the guy out, and when Silva doesn't have a good-sized reach advantage like he normally does, he's nowhere near the unbeatable fighter he used to be.

Dude you're smoking some shit.
    yes, and?
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 12-26-2013 at 01:55 PM.

Load Metric
    yeah but hes also anderson silva.

Load Metric

Except CL lost 2 of his last 3 fights heading into that fight. Thats really an awful comparison.
    No it's not. He lost to Rampage who has legit ko power and he had lost to him before in Pride so that is not unprecedented. Then in the Jardine fight he rocked him in the first round but couldn't finish and Jardine out pointed him with leg kicks for the remainder of the fight. He then defeated Wanderlei in a slugfest where his chin and reflexes held up as they always did. The Rashad fight was the point that it became evident that Chuck was no longer top tier and he spiraled down in the following two fights leading up to his retirement.

Load Metric
    I have to agree. I never believe the conspiracy shit when it comes to UFC but I think everything points to a third fight.

I also going to throw 1-2k on Miesha Tate at around +600-700. I think these chick fighter under dogs have value as they are more unpredictable. The last chick to fight Rhonda was same odds and nearly won.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    I have to agree. I never believe the conspiracy shit when it comes to UFC but I think everything points to a third fight.

I also going to throw 1-2k on Miesha Tate at around +600-700. I think these chick fighter under dogs have value as they are more unpredictable. The last chick to fight Rhonda was same odds and nearly won.

real talk, liz carmouche exposed the shit out of ronda. whom btw has officially pulled a rampage and gotten into acting. and we saw how well that went for page.

tates worth speculating on at +700'ish, and i expect that line to even out to like +525 by fight time because of it.

Thread Information