Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SrslySirius replacement at QuadJacks

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    also, read a tweet last night about matusow saying some shit on QJ's so i decided to check it out. i was too late to hear matusow, but what i did hear was petegotaplan, marco, and someone else questioning srslysirius's sexual oreintation

seems quadjacks is even trying to throw people under the boss like donkdown now
    Oh? Please elaborate.
    after they played the new poker rap i think pete got it started basically saying the new guy was better and that you sounded like a homosexual

the konvict corner guy agreed and said some other shit while marco chuckled

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post

For whatever reason I assumed you knocked out pussy like a champion, but if you are gay who fucking cares....

It's also pretty low rent for anyone to question someones sexuality in 2012 like its a negative about them
    lol, I'm about a 0.5 on the Kinsey scale. But if I were gay, I definitely wouldn't be ashamed to admit it.

I'm pretty surprised to hear they were just ripping on me for no reason, especially Marco. I'd be interested to know exactly what was said.
    I found this ironic as well, seeing as I've always thought Marco was queer.

Banned
    Load Metric

Oh? Please elaborate.
    after they played the new poker rap i think pete got it started basically saying the new guy was better and that you sounded like a homosexual

Haha, really? SrslySirius has a gay voice, but that Professor Frink flow was hot.

Load Metric

For whatever reason I assumed you knocked out pussy like a champion, but if you are gay who fucking cares....

It's also pretty low rent for anyone to question someones sexuality in 2012 like its a negative about them
    lol, I'm about a 0.5 on the Kinsey scale. But if I were gay, I definitely wouldn't be ashamed to admit it.

I'm pretty surprised to hear they were just ripping on me for no reason, especially Marco. I'd be interested to know exactly what was said.

.5????????????

Name:  RGC079-gay-boy.jpg
Views: 1072
Size:  104.1 KB

Load Metric

Haha, really? SrslySirius has a gay voice, but that Professor Frink flow was hot.
    to be fair, you do let people walk all over you

if you let marco talk to you like a child, i can only imagine how zekda talks to you

Banned
    Load Metric

if you let marco talk to you like a child, i can only imagine how zekda talks to you
    This is true, but I don't see what it has to do with anything.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I was a fan of all of SrslySirius' work. "Black & Yellow" was a work of genius, and while the other stuff he did never quite reached that level, I still enjoyed all of his songs and laughed several times throughout each of them. "Sunday" was probably my second favorite, and I thought it was excellent, as well.

This "New Sunday" song didn't hold my interest. I'm not joking in that it took some effort to get through all 4 1/2 minutes of it without turning it off. The only thing I enjoyed about the video was the collection of images and video clips. The song itself wasn't particularly clever or funny, but rather just sounded like 4 1/2 minutes of someone bitching that he can't play online poker.

I also agree that it's pretty much duplicating what Srsly already did last year with "Party at the DOJ" (which was also a much better song).
    maybe im the only one but i like this new shit

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    Hey Sirius, not asking for trade secrets or anything but do you know how many people actually subscribed to QJ? I always wondered if anyone would actually fucking pay for the privilege of being a QJ Platinum member.
    Obviously it would be inappropriate for me to divulge that. Just look how many people listen regularly. It's not a huge number.
    I can respect that. Yeah I figured someone would pay for it but not the thousands of people that they were hoping for. I thought they should have just gotten as much advertising money as they could squeeze out, fuck no one gives a shit about ads anyway.

Load Metric

This is true, but I don't see what it has to do with anything.
    Write a song ripping them to shreds IMO

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by drufdajewgod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I was a fan of all of SrslySirius' work. "Black & Yellow" was a work of genius, and while the other stuff he did never quite reached that level, I still enjoyed all of his songs and laughed several times throughout each of them. "Sunday" was probably my second favorite, and I thought it was excellent, as well.

This "New Sunday" song didn't hold my interest. I'm not joking in that it took some effort to get through all 4 1/2 minutes of it without turning it off. The only thing I enjoyed about the video was the collection of images and video clips. The song itself wasn't particularly clever or funny, but rather just sounded like 4 1/2 minutes of someone bitching that he can't play online poker.

I also agree that it's pretty much duplicating what Srsly already did last year with "Party at the DOJ" (which was also a much better song).
    maybe im the only one but i like this new shit
    I just found it boring. I mean, they put some effort into rhyming the lyrics and telling a long story about being unable to play online poker, but it wasn't clever, humorous or attention-grabbing.

I mean, compare it to something like "Black & Yellow", which was much shorter, but had SO many more clever lines:

I could have watched a 10-minute version of Black & Yellow and not gotten bored.

Load Metric
    Godfather II is about the only sequel that comes to mind that was better than the original. The key to being original is being original and not a copy, whether the copy is good or bad.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I think Drybes did a fine job with the music, as usual. The video production was nice as well.

Everything else was very meh, and I'm being objective when I say that. The rhymes schemes are lazy, monosyllabic, and times even rhymes a word with itself. None of the lines are clever, humorous, insightful, or at all imaginative. If I had written it, I would expect people to be disappointed.

I think this song appeals to people because of its sentimental subject matter. It was released late on a day that everyone spent reminiscing about BF. I hear that another song is in the works, and I'll be interested to see how well-received it is on its own merit. Hopefully they'll put more effort into it.

I just feel like that's stooping to their level. I tried to be all business from the start, no personal shit. When they wrote the hatchet job and melodramatic video, I responded with a rational rebuttal. When Marco spazzed out on the radio, I kept my cool and explained myself. It seemed like the smart play. If they want to make gay jokes about me on their radio program, I can take it in stride. If they think helium boy is the next me, lol, more power to them.

What do I have to gain from putting them on blast? I've got an audience, I don't need to conjure drama for attention. If anything, it would be doing them a favor.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I think Drybes did a fine job with the music, as usual. The video production was nice as well.

Everything else was very meh, and I'm being objective when I say that. The rhymes schemes are lazy, monosyllabic, and times even rhymes a word with itself. None of the lines are clever, humorous, insightful, or at all imaginative. If I had written it, I would expect people to be disappointed.

I think this song appeals to people because of its sentimental subject matter. It was released late on a day that everyone spent reminiscing about BF. I hear that another song is in the works, and I'll be interested to see how well-received it is on its own merit. Hopefully they'll put more effort into it.

I just feel like that's stooping to their level. I tried to be all business from the start, no personal shit. When they wrote the hatchet job and melodramatic video, I responded with a rational rebuttal. When Marco spazzed out on the radio, I kept my cool and explained myself. It seemed like the smart play. If they want to make gay jokes about me on their radio program, I can take it in stride. If they think helium boy is the next me, lol, more power to them.

What do I have to gain from putting them on blast? I've got an audience, I don't need to conjure drama for attention. If anything, it would be doing them a favor.
    Name:  nigga-you-gay.png
Views: 27515
Size:  438.9 KB

Load Metric

It would atleast let you get it off your chest, don't even put it out there if you don't want to but you have to admit, these guys are going to great lengths to hurt your reputation, and even though they seem to be failing it can't be fun to watch from your spot.

Banned
    Load Metric
    It would atleast let you get it off your chest, don't even put it out there if you don't want to but you have to admit, these guys are going to great lengths to hurt your reputation, and even though they seem to be failing it can't be fun to watch from your spot.
    Yeah, maybe. I'll admit it's tempting.

Gold
    Load Metric
    HUfreestyle4rollz?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Yeah, maybe. I'll admit it's tempting.
    i think you should put those wierdos on blast and make a song to put this thing to rest

obv your not gonna go back with them anyway

i would def like to hear it

the whole quad jacks thing was a rip off from the start. their radio show and whole site was a total rip off of donkdown anyway.
    the only original or semi interesting thing they had were the songs you were making.

i never went to that site after cheking them out anyway, just watched the songs when they were posted on dd

the new song is pretty tight imo, but fuck quad jacks marco and zack are fags that nobody gives two shits about
    Last edited by drufdajewgod; 04-16-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Load Metric
    I started listening to [some of] the song and was going to post how SrslySrs really went downhill with that song. Then I realized it was his "replacement".
    :yebknife
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    someone page plol
    Hi

Funny that you mention the Kinsey scale. My roommate randomly asked me what my Kinsey number was not too long ago.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    I started listening to [some of] the song and was going to post how SrslySrs really went downhill with that song. Then I realized it was his "replacement".

Hi

Funny that you mention the Kinsey scale. My roommate randomly asked me what my Kinsey number was not too long ago.
    Are you 100% these days?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post

Hi

Are you 100% these days?
    I think the Kinsey Scale is pretty imperfect. But I'm probably like a 4.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Thread Information