Thread: UP Pro William Reynolds angle shooting ON UP

Load Metric

UP Pro William Reynolds angle shooting ON UP

Saw this thread posted earlier and thought it might make druffs day.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/22...-draw-1400494/

Comments

Sanlmar:

Load Metric
    Name:  Ultimate Sponsored Pro ReynoldsXO Angleshooting BN Draw   ULTIMATEPOKER.COM    Two Plus Two Poke.png
Views: 1043
Size:  60.7 KB

Even if it was an angle, the guy deserves what he got for not sitting out. Basically he is looking for sympathy dues to his own stupidity.

Load Metric
    I play on UP a lot, and this is not surprising. Hopefully this will get UP to finally update their software though.

Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    Even if it was an angle, the guy deserves what he got for not sitting out. Basically he is looking for sympathy dues to his own stupidity.
    You can't really fault MoneyBeets here. On UP, you have to go through shit like this all the time to get games started because the action is very limited. There just are not enough games, you are forced to play heads-up to start tables, especially 6max ones. I'm sure MoneyBeets could give a shit less about a couple big blinds, he plays the highest limits available on the site (higher than Reynolds). He wasn't asking for a refund or anything, he was just saying it was shady that their site pro would angle shoot like this and I totally agree.
    Last edited by SpewArtist; 12-23-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Load Metric
    Two guys on a desert island, fighting for the last coconut.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I heard William Reynolds was banned from wsop.com for something as well, not sure if rumor or not

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This is awful and shady considering he's a UP Pro doing it on the site BUT good ole Ultimate Poker has been well aware of this flaw in the software forever and a long time before their last update came which has to go through the Nevada Gaming Commission every time so whose fault really is this? You can call it angle shooting and say it's bad for the game because it is but people will continue to exploit this feature to steal the button until it's finally corrected in the software.

Perhaps William Reynolds is scum but at the moment he's not doing anything against the rules and others I'm sure are doing this shit as well so blame UP for constant bed shitting and wtf knows if they've even got a new software update pending approval going on at the moment with the gaming commission which if they don't this flaw could take several more months to get corrected.

Load Metric
    I wonder if there is history between the two
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Wow, they haven't fixed this bug yet?

When I spoke to some of the higher-ups at UP a few months ago, they assured me it would be in the next update.

This is REALLY scummy and in fact cheating. The button exploit is just that -- an exploit. Such abuse is actually against UP rules. I have reported a few assholes for doing it to me, and they were warned. For one of their pros to be doing this (if the story is true) is really, really bad.

Load Metric
    He replied in the thread. Doesn't sound that bad to me now, sounds more like he was just messing around.

Quote Originally Posted by ReynoldsXO View Post
    Hello,

This is William Reynolds.

If you have played on Ultimate Poker you have probably seen me play under "ReynoldsXO"

Money Beets and I have been playing on Ultimate Poker for 4-5months 3-5days a week. We have played heads up on many occasions to start games over this time period. Nearly all of our volume has been 2/4-5/10.

Earlier this week I was playing someone heads up and got beat up for 2kish at 2/4. Money Beets sat in the game to make it 3 handed. I sat out of the game within an orbit or two deeming the session hopeless. This chat began after I sat out

ReynoldsXO: stuey

ReynoldsXO: ur an idiot

ReynoldsXO: dont lose ur money to money beets

Stuey Stinks: ty

Stuey Stinks: ok

Money Beets: I can't believe they pay you for this reynolds

I left the table immediately and began closing my tables to go to lunch when Money Beets began sitting tables with me. I left all games he sat with me except a 1/2 full ring 50bb max.

I sat in and money beets got the button. I sat out. I sat in and got the button and moved all in for $100 w 8x off. Money Beets folded and I sat out.

I sat in and Money Beets drew the button again. I sat out. I sat in and got button. I moved all in w J8? off suite. Money Beets folded and I sat out. I showed my hands both times after he folded.

ReynoldsXO: i only play buttons vs u heads up

Money Beets: so you're admiting you angle shoot?

Money Beets: as a paid pro

Money Beets: lol

ReynoldsXO: you can play me heads up if u want

ReynoldsXO: but i only play buttons

ReynoldsXO: my buttons

ReynoldsXO: my buttons

ReynoldsXO: my shiny shiny buttons

Money Beets: new new hieghts

Money Beets: hope you're proud

ReynoldsXO: relaxxx

ReynoldsXO: take it ezzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Money Beets: is that a joke, you just killed my action with another player, and abuse the system to cheat at HU

Money Beets: nice try cheater

At this point it was clear Money Beets was not amused with what just happened so I sat in and got the button. I sat out. I sat in and got the big blind and was dealt Q6o. Money Beets min raised and I folded. I sat out.

ReynoldsXO: i ony play heads up out of position

I sat in and got the button. I sat out. I sat in and got the big blind and Money Beets proceeded to sit out on the button.

Money Beets: not doing this over and over, hope my 2$ was worth it

ReynoldsXO: u no want shiny button ?

Money Beets: no, I want you, a paid pro of the site, to stop angle shooting and ruining acion

Money Beets: you wouldn't think it would be that hard, but I guess that's too much to ask

ReynoldsXO: ooo000ooo

ReynoldsXO: u no likey $2 looks at cally all in

ReynoldsXO: that good action

Money Beets: I don't care, I care about you telling people not to play me, and abusing the button draw

ReynoldsXO: u got the EV when it came to the button

ReynoldsXO: gave u 2 looks

ReynoldsXO: and tried to give buttons back

ReynoldsXO: u got 1 back

ReynoldsXO: denied the other

Money Beets: not the point, yyou are a site pro, and this isn't even close to an appropriate standard of conduct

ReynoldsXO: please forgive me money beets

Money Beets: can't unring a bell

ReynoldsXO: lol

All said and done Money Beets and I played 3 hands of 1/2 $100max heads up. 2 of which I won after obtaining the button to move all in with any two cards. The other I was big blind and folded to a min raise. I attempted to give him a second button but he declined.

Money Beets I commend you for doing what you think was right and holding me accountable. The poker community now knows that if I draw the button heads up and move all in for a 50x pot over bet jam any two will do.

Final thoughts:

I should have just asked Money Beets if he wanted to flip instead of moving all in with any 2 while allowing him to fold/call properly. This would have made it neutral EV while avoiding skeptical behavior to facilitate unnecessary gambling.

I've probably started more games via heads up at ring tables than anyone on UP. This was an isolated incident with an end result of $2 changing hands. I was not maliciously abusing the system to gain an edge. I was moving all in with 8 high.
    But yea, what Druff said, UP needs to fix this.

Then again, they don't even have waiting lists yet though so it may be awhile.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Two guys on a desert island, fighting for the last coconut.
    :glory

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Good that Reynolds tried to make it right after Beets was angry about the button stealing, but Reynolds shouldn't have done it in the first place, even if just as a joke.

I still don't understand why he told the 3rd guy not to play Beets, though. That is highly inappropriate behavior from a site pro.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    his apology is hilarious, wonder if he wrote this or UP did

As a sponsored pro I should be held to a high standard of conduct and ethics. It's my duty to make sure fair and responsible game play takes place on Ultimate Poker. Although it was not my intent to gain an unfair advantage over my opponent, I understand how my conduct was detrimental to the game. This was unacceptable behavior. I apologize for wasting your time Money Beets. I realize you just want to play poker with out any unnecessary side distractions. It is my job to promote action in a positive playing environment. I failed you on December 18th. I'm sorry for causing you any grief.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by yaahello View Post
    his apology is hilarious, wonder if he wrote this or UP did

As a sponsored pro I should be held to a high standard of conduct and ethics. It's my duty to make sure fair and responsible game play takes place on Ultimate Poker. Although it was not my intent to gain an unfair advantage over my opponent, I understand how my conduct was detrimental to the game. This was unacceptable behavior. I apologize for wasting your time Money Beets. I realize you just want to play poker with out any unnecessary side distractions. It is my job to promote action in a positive playing environment. I failed you on December 18th. I'm sorry for causing you any grief.
    Terrible.

Definitely an arm-twisted apology.

Thread Information