Thread: For all those who say the NFL is practically wrapping QB's in bubble wrap

Load Metric

For all those who say the NFL is practically wrapping QB's in bubble wrap

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Nick Foles was fined $10,000 by the NFL on Friday for an illegal peel-back block on Minnesota's Erin Henderson during the Eagles' loss Sunday.

I find it funny the NFL for all their safety measures and protecting QB's actually fined one for a dirty hit.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I don't see how this is at all relevant to the coddling of NFL quarterbacks. You can still put skirts on them while punishing them for breaking rules. The two are not mutually exclusive. In fact, it would only be weird if the exact opposite were the case, and quarterbacks were encouraged to make dirty/physical plays while still being pampered and overprotected. Like that time Brett Favre layed a vicious chop block on Texans safety Eugene Wilson during the preseason, injuring him for weeks, and getting away with it. That same game I believe a roughing the QB call was made when someone lightly touched him.

Gotta say, this thread title is really stupid. I feel like you just tricked me into clicking on it.

Load Metric
    Kevin Kolb will argue this point as soon as he remembers how to use a keyboard.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    You know the NFL has now become the NBA when after every unsuccessful play everyone is looking for a flag.

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are poster child's for the new NFL.

Franco Harris & Larry Csonka must be sickened.

Comments

big dick: dam straight

Load Metric
    manning and brady would be in wheelchairs if they played in the central division between 1981 and 1986

Comments

Corrigan: fuck off Chicago

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's beginning to be not football out there, but playing Barbie dolls out there.

Load Metric
    7 on 7 is coming to a field near you.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...light=football

You guys forget or never hear that the NFL settled out of court for close to a billion dollars to 4500 former players earliar this year that were part of a class action lawsuit alleging the league knowingly hid information to the players about football and brain injuries?

Todd Witteles, who is the presenter of this forum wasn't included in this settlement.
    Last edited by Brittney Griner's Clit; 12-22-2013 at 01:09 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal son View Post
    You know the NFL has now become the NBA when after every unsuccessful play everyone is looking for a flag.

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are poster child's for the new NFL.

Franco Harris & Larry Csonka must be sickened.

I would pretty much guarantee that they aren't sickened by it. The rash of dementia and suicides among their peers probably makes them ill though.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    NICK FOLES IS GOD!!!

ON ANOTHER NOTE:

AFFLECK WAS THE BOMB IN PHANTOMS!

Load Metric
    It didn't take long to find proof.

As Franco Harris takes blueberries and fish oil each morning to slow brain damage he believes that he, and every other NFL player, has suffered, fellow running back Kamal Ali Salaam-El (formerly Reggie Harrison) takes OxyContin and other medications for head, back, and leg pain, and whisks through his northern Virginia home on a motorized scooter.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...#ixzz2oC40u28u

EDIT--

Took me three minutes instead of one minute for Csonka but just the same.

"I think the league's concerned about [the players], I think we're moving in the right direction," said the 66-year-old, who battled concussion issues early in his career and owns a permanently disfigured nose thanks to repeated breaks. "You don't see as many head-to-head collisions ... as you used to."

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/11/...-fame-dolphins

Comments

Prodigal son: Playing good defense BGC
    Last edited by Brittney Griner's Clit; 12-22-2013 at 01:26 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by son of lockman View Post
    It's beginning to be not football out there, but playing Barbie dolls out there.
    even for Super Bowl Attendee's, it's becoming the Nation Faggotry League

Updated: December 9, 2013, 4:04 PM ET
    By Jane McManus | ESPNNewYork.com

Tailgating Banned At Super Bowl

SECAUCUS, N.J. -- Forget about setting up those kegs or buffet tables in the parking lot before this season's Super Bowl at MetLife Stadium. There will be no tailgating, according to the game's committee CEO, Al Kelly.

"You will be allowed to have food in your car and have drink in your car," Kelly said. "And provided you're in the boundaries of a single parking space, you'll be able to eat or drink right next to your car. However, you're not going to be able to take out a lounge chair, you're not going to be able to take out a grill, and you're not going to be able to take up more than one parking space. And it'll all be watched very carefully."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...r-bowl-stadium
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Csonka & Harris played during the best years of the NFL IMO.

Especially, Csonka, Kiick & Griese. Run game, passing and lock down D. Hard hitting, hard nose football.

Today's game is so different. But kids don't remember anything different so maybe it doesn't matter.

So BGC, do you think the NFL has accomplished its goal of protecting players from concussions through these rules changes.

Do YOU enjoy the game more now as a fan? Aside from the endless delays do to challenges, penalties and reviews. I mean just the play on the field?

If the rules changes are still ongoing, in your opinion, where do you think the NFL ends up?

7 on 7?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal son View Post
    Csonka & Harris played during the best years of the NFL IMO.

Especially, Csonka, Kiick & Griese. Run game, passing and lock down D. Hard hitting, hard nose football.

Today's game is so different. But kids don't remember anything different so maybe it doesn't matter.

So BGC, do you think the NFL has accomplished its goal of protecting players from concussions through these rules changes.

Do YOU enjoy the game more now as a fan? Aside from the endless delays do to challenges, penalties and reviews. I mean just the play on the field?

If the rules changes are still ongoing, in your opinion, where do you think the NFL ends up?

With players getting bigger and faster every year, the old school hard hitting NFL was not sustainable imo. You'd have ppl getting paralyzed, etc.

I grew up watching football in the 1980s in Philly with Buddy Ryan's hard-hitting defense/body-bag games/bountys on QBs and punters, etc and I have to say I loved it as a kid. But I'm not 14 years old any more and there are real dangers to ppl's bodies.

I totally understand protecting QBs too. There are not even enough QBs in the league to have a good one on every team, and if one goes down for the season you're going to watch a bunch of boring-ass games with some scrub in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Thread Information